supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crush @ Mustangs

Somehow a rumor got started that the Crush were going to be a no show for the game saturday. Let me speak on behalf of the Mustangs. We are really looking forward to playing you guys. You bring it every down,every play. We have a great rivalry going and this is a short road for you. This is why you invest your time, money, sweat, and blood, to play the game we all love. I hope this was just some wild rumor and we look forward to a battle saturday, under the lights. Good luck & Drive safe

Re: Crush @ Mustangs

As far as I know, this is a rumor. We are calling around to make sure our huge roster...of about 20 on a good day...is gonna be able to make it to the game. We want to play and finish out the year.

On a side note, this will be the last semi-pro football game for me for the immediate future. I've had fun the last 3 years, but I need to direct my focus back home. The wife has been understanding (for the most part)about why I play, but it's time I hang em' up. I didn't know God could put so much ass-kickin aggressiveness, in a 5'1" 110lbs frame...she truly is the only person I fear.

Seriously though, I feel like I'm never home...I guess that could be from work, running a side business (legal), assistant coach at Eastside Highschool, and semi-pro football...oh and don't forget fishing and hunting (they put food on the table too).

So to all those out there I've played against...it was fun! I enjoyed semi-pro football much better than when I was with the Freedom...for one reason, people play for the love...not the money and glory. I met a few new friends with the freedom, but there were a lot of individuals on the team which made the whole thing a poor experience. Hopefully they can get that organization turned around.

So for all those who play for the love of the game...goodluck, stay safe, and lay the wood! I'll drink one for all of you saturday night!

Thad Conley
Crush #73 / coach

Hoss your a great player and could dominate until you were 60! if there was an IFL hall of fame you would get my vote!
Petre out!

Love you too Petre!!

ok make that 2 votes then!

make that antoher. THAD u are a great player to play with, and u and ricky coached real well, i hope u and eastside get better wit years, and i wish you and the fam a good life really, i had fun these last two years playing wit you at the crush.

cameron killa johnsonn
10/but ocho cinco at heart for life

I was gonna say, not really my place anymore, but to many friends between the stangs and crush for a no show like that, plus with hoss in the seat...every measure would be taken. On a personal note, I've wrestled thadley, went up against him on the grid iron in highschool and in the IFL. Great athlete and a helluva dude you are. This is my first season not playing football, no lies....I miss it like hell but it is kinda nice waking up on saturday with a whole day ahead of ya. Plus the fact that I can actually walk, talk and think on sundays are kinda nice too! I do miss football, but giving it up was a little easier than I thought it would be. Plus I got some mountains, Mule deer and Elk...No worries thad, i'll send a picture of that big bull i'll get this month Only costs me 40 bones too!

Crush, I heard the news you guys were going to forfeit the game because you didn't have enough players. This is very disappointing to us all. Dude we drove up to auburn for you guys to have an extra home game and we paid 1/2 the refs fees. Without our last home game we have to eat $500 field rent lose money on consessions and gate money, not to mention about 200 fans that are going to show up to read a sign that the game was canceled. If you can bring 11 iron men work it out tonight and in the morning. Lets play our last game. This is what football is all about. This is what the IFL is all about. Step up and man up lets do this! Lets get this game in
Its not to late

Hoss, it looks as if you are one tuff SOB and want to play some ball. So lets play ball. RALLY THE TROOPS Lets get this game in!!!!!
10 more Crush warriors needed -call hoss-

CRUSH........I personally want to apologize to you on behalf to the mustangs. I just got home from practice and while we were there, Andy and Sid, the owner and GM, said they didn't know anything about the post that was written by STANG. I don't think that person is afilliated with our organization and if he is they both said they would take care of it. So I wish you guys the best of luck in the offseason and good luck with getting things around for next year.

I was looking forward to a game...trust me, we took every measure to try and make this happen...but when you don't have guys, you don't have guys. We are NO stranger to iron man football. I am sorry it went down like this...

Good luck to you guys in the post season.

Thad