supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/04 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Day, SupaNation. October is here, and many of you are still playing football- that is a blessing none of you should take for granted. We are three weeks from the World Series, one month from the election and still four months from the Super Bowl- but minor league football is wrapping up quickly. Like the Cubs, who go to Los Angeles with little hope of pulling out the long-dreamed about series victory, many of your teams face what might seem like insurmountable odds. I don't have to share the litany of huge upsets across all of sports and in the Semi Pro world in particular to remind you that anything IS possible. Remember also, that in sharing in the sacrament of this game we all love so much and which you are all so luck to play- you have already won in many respects. So let's get to it!

Indiana Cutters @ Elkhart Shamrock

If the Cutters played every game at home, they could have had the trophy shipped to them months ago. The fact is that they do not, and their previous trip up to the northern part of the state did not go as they had hoped. The Rock are responding well to the adversity of a tough season during which they have performed well under expectations- but that will not help this weekend. The Cutters defense has been somewhat suspect at times, but will be strong this weekend. A hint of progress in the Rock passing attack will be snuffed out early, and the Cutter ground game will roll, baby roll.

Cutters 41
Shamrock 6

Madison County Pirates @ Miami County Blitz

I can't lie, it is hard for me to figure the Pirates out. They seem always to play to the level of their opponent, and that is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a bad one. The interesting thing about this particular match-up is that the two teams are pretty evenly matched. The problem for the Pirates is that this game is not in the Cove, but up in the land of the Blitz. The Blitz have been particularly hard to beat at home and have seen an offensive surge in the past several weeks. All of this spells problems for the Pirates- who will go home with a respectable 2008 campaign.

Blitz 22
Pirates 8

Indiana Cardinals @ Indy Stampede

Ditto on the post above. The Cardinals have seemed to be a different team week to week and gave the impression early on of being contenders. They do a good job of forcing turnovers and take advantage of great match-ups on special teams for strong field position, but the offense has floundered in their losses. The Stampede have come on strong down the stretch, but have not closed out games well when the opponent was at all worthy. The former Fuelsters were not on anyone's radar to be among the top teams in the MFL playoff picture when the season began, but here they are. They;ll get this one and send the Cards back north.

Stampede 19
Cardinals 0

Miami County Vikings @ Adams County Patriots

While the MFL was plagued with the cancelled games and the folding teams that many of us have come to expect, the league made a substantial jump forward in 2008 in one respect: parity. The fact that this game between the Vikes and the Pats is the only one of the weekend that will not be likely to be competitive speaks volumes about the progress the league has made in that respect. The Vikings are a scrappy group of young men who have fought through another season of disappointment. They can use a solid outing against the Pats as a launching board for a great offseason and a strong resurgence in 2009. After all, that is exactly what the Pats did a few years ago themselves. On the field, this week, no contest.

Patriots 31
Vikings 0

Classic City Crush @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

The hunted houses and hay rides may yet have begun in Warsaw, but one thing is for sure: The Mustang bandwagon is already full. A team whose dreams of an IFL title have been twice frustrated now knows they are within reach for 2008. Not only are the Mustangs a much better team than the Crush overall, they match up better with the CCC than perhaps any other team in the league. The big, strong, and notsofast men of the Crush will be running in circles trying to keep up with the Mustang offense. This game may be only a tune-up in many respects- but it will show just how good the Mustangs are.

Mustangs 44
Crush 12

Bolingbrook Buccaneers @ Chicago Thunder

I'm not sure that there are any words really worth writing here, but I will write them nonetheless. Even the Bucs of 2005-2006 would have no prayer in this game. And they've fallen plenty far since then. The Thunder, perhaps more than most any other team (Apologies to the Lima Warriors) have found a winning formula and found a way to develop talent over time. IT's not just that the Thunder find a bunch of talent year in and year out to throw on the field but that they find men who buy into their program and get better individually and as a team most every year. That sounds to me like a football team. That will sound to the Bucs like an ass-whipping.

Thunder 48
Buccaneers 6

Mercer County Cougers @ Miami Valley Warriors

If anyone doubted the pride of the men of Mercer County in this down year, those doubts were put to rest a couple of weeks ago. The Cougars have put themselves in a position to win most every one of their last several games and made it clear that they are not interested in folding up shop and going home. When I asked several team contacts this week who they would least like to play in the playoffs, the Cougars won hands down. On the other hand, the Warriors have built a name for themselves in the IFL- and could legitimately win the title themselves. The short trip won't make for much of a Warrior advantage, but the much deeper and more talented team will.

Warriors 28
Cougars 7

Union City Indians @ Cambridge City Lincoln Golden Eagles

In 2008, every head coach with the Eagles on their schedule has to smile, and Beef is no different. He's been trying to get a few of the young kids to buy into his approach, and we all know that the young ones are fickle. It is hard to get a 15 year old kid to believe that a given technique will work when he tries it (and executes it poorly) and does not have immediate success against a quality opponent. That is what the CCL Eagles are for. Beef will be able to run the ball at will and beat the Eagles much and well. Not since halftime of the Wes-Del game will those young men have had so much confidence. Looking at the homestretch, the Indians need not just to win, but to win convincingly to nurture the confidence of this young team. A .500 campaign is still possible- and getting there starts tonight.

Indians 28
Eagles 7

Sorry for the delay, boys and girls, but sometimes life just takes over for a while. Looking forward to seeing a couple of these games for myself this weekend, so make sure to say hello if you see uncle Supa in the crowd. Don't worry about little old me, though, all of your focus should be on leaving it all on the field- and making your mommas proud.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/04 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

good luck to ALL teams this weekend... hope to see how everything turns out...

Stampede Left Tackle #74

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/04 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Stampede 31 Cardinals 0...great game to both teams....

Da Rican

I think it was 37-0 that what the coach said.

pirates win!!! pirates 21 blitz 20
very good hard fought game!!!hat tip to the blitz they are some hard hitters and that #5 is is pretty good.

Did the Blitz have 20 or 16?

AC Patriots 42
Miami Vikings 0

I hope to see the Vikings build on what they have and come back next season ready to rock the league. This is a great bunch of guys who play football for ALL the right reasons. I hope none of the injuries are serious and wish you luck in the future.

we had 20

Cutters 42
Shamrock 0

The Shamrock were great hosts. Jimtown High School is the best grass field I've seen in many years.

Warriors 19
Cougars 12

Miami Valley Warriors 19
Mercer County Cougers 12

As usual the Cougers came to play. They gave us all we could handle. They just don't have enough depth to last four quarters but we give them props for competing the entire game. Good job guys and good luck in the playoffs.

Yeah it was 37-0 but it was a great game, Iam more sore then i have been in a while , good luck to the rest of the teams

37-0 doesn't sound like a great game to me. It sounds like a lopsided game.

Sloppy Game after a few weeks off....
but the Thunder advance

Chicago Thunder 27
Bolingbrook Buccaneers 0