supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who's has the best overall Defense in the IFL

Ok i want you guys opinion. For teams and individual players on teams.

Re: Who's has the best overall Defense in the IFL

Not even a contest: The Mustangs. You can end this discussion now.

Im sorry sir look on the IFL Website. The Cutter have and has the best D-fense. fewest points allowed only 46. and 14 of those are special teams.

I would have to say the GENERALS hands down! Think about it....the Generals offense has been non-existant for 6 games scoring a total of 76 points. Half of those points have been scored on defense.(42/145 scored all year) Yeah they've given up 126 this year, still less than 16/game, not too bad when your defense is on the field 80% of the game which is the case when your offense went 3 and out quite often. However, I have a feeling that will not be the case in the playoffs(just a hunch). Injuries also played a role making the offense rely on the defense, however with the team getting healthier by the day, they are the top of the league. Not trying to take anything away from any other team in the league..we all know there are some good ones out there! GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE PLAYOFFS!!. All Generals reading this, don't let me down defense! Stay healthy and I'll see you at practice!

Well if thats the case generals 21. Your Defense might be there all night. because the defense on the warriors are a three and out D.

and yes i believe you guys will step up for the playoffs and play better than before. but then again so will the other 7 teams.

Yes the warriors D is good...However, I believe that our offense will do a tad bit better than when we last played them. Our defense we get plenty of rest this week. And yes, the other teams will step up as well. Its playoff time, thats what your supposed to do. Should be one heck of a finish to a great season for the IFL.

cutters player you points given up total means nothing you didnt play the blazers! and we did play the crush before you go there. i wish we had a stat keeper for the league. i think the mustangs are one of the best. The turnovers, scoring on defense, and shutting down aspects of teams offense.

OK take away the blazers and crush games for both teams. look at the stats then you will see the difference. then look at the warriors game we both played.
Note: You might have to play them (warriors) again.

and also this is only opinions, so this is no disrespect.

This question should be answered over the next three weeks. Who cares what happened in the regular season. It is a clean slate for everyone now (0-0). I have seen teams give up very little in the regular season and then get man-handled in the post season. No disrespect to the Mustangs because I think you guys have a great team. (what Whitaker and Gross did to us was sick.) But they only gave up 71 points last season during the regular season, yet the broncos scored 31 on them in the championship. It all starts over this weekend. All of our injuries are healed, so now we have no excuses. I think we have a pretty good Defense and I am sure our offense will play better with our QB back, so lets see how this whole playoff thing plays out. I can't wait to get it started. I feel like the Warriors have on of the best teams in the league so this should be an outstanding game. I won't go as far as to guarantee a win, but I like our chances better this game than two weeks ago. Anyways, good luck to everyone this week (except the Warriors). Sorry, but I don't like losing, and I am not ready for the season to be over. Oh yeah, Supa, pick us to lose big it helps to motivate some of our guys. Take it easy and see ya saturday.

i attended the championship game and the mustangs committed 9 turnovers and 2 for touchdowns so you can judge a defense because the scoreboard says broncos 31 mustangs 0. anyways from what ive seen this year the defenses from the top 4 or 5 teams are very good

I mean cant** judge that Defense for the scoreboard saying 31-0. But i do understand what your saying.. its the playoffs anything can happen!

yeah and we all know sunshine chokes in the playoffs. LOL thats real talk.

CUTTERS 42 COUGARS 0
CUTTERS 28 WRANGLERS 0
CUTTERS 35 CRUSH 0
CUTTERS 42 SHAMROCK 0
AND THE MUSTANGS ONLY WON BY ONE TOUCH DOWN

THE CUTTERS DEFENSE IS OFF THE HOOK!!!
AND GETTING BETTER BY THE MINUTE!!!

Hey sassy cutter fan, those first four teams you listed have a combined record of 6 wins and 26 loses. That isnt all that great but good job handling those teams.

The generals are a joke! The Warriors will put up atleast 40 and maybe give up 7. That is if your Qb plays. Im tired of hearing all of these excuses why they lost. You guys beat the four worst teams and lost to the 4 best, not because you were missing players, but because you guys are sad! Newsflash: EARLY EXITS FOR THE GENERALS

I havent played against the Cutters defense so I really wouldnt know...But I can tell u that the warriors defense was pretty good they held PRETTYBOY to only 2 catches but of course I didnt come out of my shell til like the 3rd game so who knows...And as far as the Mustangs defense I felt number 2 held his own against PRETTYBOY he held me 2 9 catches and only 1 touchdown...They have a very good game plan going into that game. They shut the run down very well and we had no choice but 2 go to the air....By looking at scores and playing the Mustangs in a disappointing game for us Im going with the Stangs on dis 1. Yall woke us the heck up for real..we needed that reality check..THANKS LOL...Ow yea n Gross WHEN we play again I not gone let u get tht open field tackle one kickoff again that was lucky LOL jk...Good Luck 2 all this playoffs and good luck 2 whoever make the all-star game.

Just my opinion I think the warriors offense was the best and biggest we went against, now I know that they didn't pass all that much; but that running back was a beast (I think #2) Here is the difference we went into the mustang game to stop the run. They threw for almost 400 yards against us most all in the first half 14-0. Second half we made the necessary adjustments which was too late. I agree blazer pretty boy they awaken us as well 0-1 in the conference. Just like the warriors did against stags. But ask the generals who scored in fourth quarter with a 90 yard run against the third string defense. Warriors who went against our goal-line D three times ran twice shut down twice. Pass once and TD. We made the necessary adjustments for our secondary; but no one can hardly run on us. And as for our offense against the stags a late comeback that fell 2min short 20-14.
Remember we did not have Izzy Thompson at Running back, but Jäh #7 kept us together.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. THIS IS NO DISRESPECT TO ANY TEAM.

Dont think it was quite 400 but if it was Im sure it wont happen again if the Cutters assume their the best defense. As for the Warriors game they scored one on a pass for a touchdown and tried to hit the same WR in the second half on 4th down and it was defelected by a cutters DB. My personal opionion tho Cutters 1A, Warriors 1B, Stangs 1C...lol what about the top offensive team

hey felles lets just play ball and everyone good luck in the REAL SEASON. Its not about who has the best Defense in the IFL that was in the regular season that is water under the bridge. It is now all about who can play as a TEAM for 3 weeks to win a championship. Once agian best of luck to ALL teams

AMEN

The generals are a joke! The Warriors will put up atleast 40 and maybe give up 7. That is if your Qb plays. Im tired of hearing all of these excuses why they lost. You guys beat the four worst teams and lost to the 4 best, not because you were missing players, but because you guys are sad! Newsflash: EARLY EXITS FOR THE GENERALS........

Before i right anything let me read this one more time to make sure my eyes are functioning right........................................ ok thought I my eyes wasnt playing tricks on me. Do any other generals c this Bull$@&! Wow how disrespectful. Who ever wrote this is a coward hiding behind the if fan tag proably a warrior player who doesnt want to be a man and stand up to this. dont write checks that you cant cash. I know i told my team i wouldnt write on this page anymore but this got my blood boiling for these playoffs. Im definetly goin to cash this check here im goin to write right now News Flash: Generals IFL Champs yeah i said it.

Does't really matter the whole IFL teams SUCK.

You bastard!!!! use your own name. I did not post that remark.

But the MFL do SUCK

JUST A QUESTION FOR "THE CUTTERS PLAYER"...Do you really play for them or just trying to stir up mud. That was a great game and yeah we did score on an 85 yard bubble screen, but against your 3rd string defense! C'mon, quit with the jokes! Why would your 3rd string defense be in up ONLY 11 with PLENTY of time left in the fourth quarter? Let me guess you were trying to shave points for VEGAS right? HAHA...Everybody that played that game knows it was hard fought till the very end. And on that play I beleive I got blasted trying to block one of your best defensive players who will no doubt represent the Cutters in the ALL STARS. Get your facts straight and quit trying to bring everybody else down. Congrats again to the Cutters (one of the more classy teams we've played) and good luck in the playoffs!

Nope im a player, and I wouldn't lie to you. Our defense was on the field almost the whole game remember. very very muddy game offense was 3 and out all the time. the 1st & 2nd D was tired.
AND FAR AS CLASS. I think you guys have more class than the whole league.

Cutters player your trippn if you think that you had the 3rd team defense in that series wow i do remember seeing on that play ingleking, drey key, lb number 6 both of your safteys and corners that started the game were on the field. This is a 48 min game so i think you got to play down to the wire i mean come on cutters no name player if the refs wouldnt have push the ball back 2 feet after i clearly passed the first down marker i bet ur whole team would have been on the edge because we score we would have won that game but its coo the refs in this league are doin the best they can do haaaaaaaa. but we lost the game and the cutters won but dont make it sound like third string defense was in thats bull. but whatever the real general team is back and we have yet to be beatn with pat wood at qb so we will c back to wide out i go watch out warriors. cutters, stangs whoever doesnt make me a difference they cant match up with us healthy to many athletes on the field tony laws # 21, Yari # 89, Jesse # 5, Zuenic #3, STAKER #44 and me #7 and pat wood # 9 on the field at one time were like the colts of semi pro to many people on the field at once with ability to hurt your defense. Who will you take away, hahha definetly not me . good luck ... 0-0

Whew, it's getting hot in here for sure.... Good thing championships aren't won on the message board, cause we know who would win that, huh? I'm just glad that everyone seems to have those competitive juices flowing... And I'm glad to hear that teams are getting their players back off of injuries for the playoffs - because I know that we are. Their best vs. our best - that's what we will finally get to see. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy from now through the title so we can quit hearing all the bs excuses, guarantees, etc.....

The Cutters SUCK. They have now real talent on that boring ass team!

Once again someone is trying to be me.

I love all the teams in the IFL.

don't be mad because your sorry teams are leaving the MFL chump.

I actually wasnt in on that play but damn it i want to be....did we have in SOME subs, yes, but we had subs coming in and out during the entire game, did we have some guys playing out of position on that play, yes, but we had that all game....the bottom line is the Generals made a play regaurdless of who was in there and who wasnt. I dont know who Cutter Player is but i cant say that he isnt a player and be for sure but im not goin to say that he is a player either....it was a tough, messy, ugly game....plays were made on both sides and some playes were not made...thats it. i respect the Generals and what they have done this yr while facing all of the Adversity that they have gone thru....now lets quit all of this bickering about who is the best because we all know that the Cutters defense is the greatest thing since sliced bread.....lol
lol....lmao...sorry i just had to say that....but seriously...the real and best D will belong to the team that wins that coveted championship trophy....you can give up 40pts a game and when the playoffs hit start shuttin shit down and at the moment you are the best....Im looking forward to our game with the Wranglers, i hope they travel well and safe......GOMAB

DA GENRLZ AND DA CUTTAZ BOT SUC MAN! THEY TINK THEY GOT D, BUT DEY ANIT GOT @#$!.

Yeah, what ever he said! lol

I know who isn't smarter than a fifth grader.

I did not sent this remark.
I bet it was smart man.

Thank you for setting that straight DreKey #42. And thanks for the respect! I dont believe for a second that "cutters player" has ever even played ball, just trying to stir it up. However, this will be my last post before the playoffs begin. Good luck to all and I hope we have the honor of seeing someone in the championship! It will NOT be easy.

Yes Im a player, Im the starting defensive tailback.

your just mad cause I shut you down in pass coverage.

what is a defensive tailback ? Anyone? sounds like a du du du dummy

I think the defensive tailback lines up behind the defensive quarterback inside of the defensive wide recievers and usually on the same side as the defensive tight end! What?

bet the defensive tailback is a GIRL !!!! someone better educate their chick on football. lol

If it is a girl, she obviously doesn't know that if you don't know shit about football don't BS to try to fit in. I don't know everything about football, but I know not to pretend I know what I'm talking about. AND I DON"T CLAIM TO BE SOMETHING I'M NOT. AND WHAT I AM IS A CUTTERS FAN!

GODD LUCK CUTTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

We scored in that game and it doesn't matter who was in. Just seems strange in a close game like that you would put in 3rd stringers....thought you guys had good coaches...good coaches wouldn't do that but whatever. I'll worry about the Cutters later, for now I'll worry about the Warriors, who should be worrying about us. Pat's back and our defense is NOT sick, they're ill. See ya Saturday.

point blank the generals are a bunch of sorry ass sore losing bitches i guarentee that they will get their asses handed to them by the warriors. Bet how bout saturday nite after the game i wanna see how many generals are in the house talkin shit still. lol have a great off season peace.

point blank the generals are a bunch of sorry ass sore losing bitches i guarentee that they will get their asses handed to them by the warriors. Bet how bout saturday nite after the game i wanna see how many generals are in the house talkin shit still. lol have a great off season peace.

So i guess whoever wrote this will be at the game and is in some way affiliated with the warriors. I had nothing but respect for the warriors and there team and the way they played to weeks ago. You guys were an ok ball club. But now ur giving us no respect and disrespecting us Quote of warrior affialiate "the generals are a bunch of sorry ass sore losing bitches i guarentee that they will get their asses handed to them by the warriors." end quote. oh also this proves it someone on the warriors quote "Bet how bout saturday nite after the game i wanna see how many generals are in the house talkin shit still. lol have a great off season peace." THATS IT GENERALS YOU SHOULD BE PISSED OFF I KNOW I AM LETS PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH EVERY PLAY. I KNOW YOUR GONA GET 150 PERCENT MAX EFFORT ON THE FIELD FROM ME ITS ON SEE YOU ON THE FIELD PUNKS.

Shut up and just play your game. Little babies.

Yeah that's real mature telling grown men on a CHAT site to shut up! Go back to watching nickelodeon and leave grown up talk to the grown ups MVC

MVC, MVW, MVB, doesn't really matter....POS as far as im concerned!

Gain some composure, seriously.... J-Dub, if you lost respect for us because of something that someone wrote on a message board (that I doubt was even a member of our team), so be it... Doesn't really matter either way. Everyone from the Warriors knows what it is - playoff time... Heck, we're only the 4th seed - so we haven't done anything but beat a few teams. Now is when it counts. Beleive no one is taking anyone lightly on this end, but also believe that no one is worried about some locker room material either... If you need that to get hyped up at this time cool. For us it's simply business as usual - do what we do and have fun doing it!

Its nothn but biz for us to so well bring our A+ hope u bring urs. thanks for the clear up Tony Martin see u on the field at 700. In the words of T.O get ya popcorn ready this is gona be a fun game

Wow, this is soooo freaking funny, im not even going to respond to however that is that posted under the generals captain like that talking about our coaching staff....sooooo because our coaches believe in rotation and playing players, which just so happened to pay money to play for us, makes them bad coaches? I hope he didnt write this....we film every game that we play and if u watch film on us you will notice that we rotate players alot, we dont look at those guys as 3rd or 4th stringers, we look at them as teammates, they come and bust their asses in practice every tues and thursday just like the so called 1st and 2nd stringers so they deserve to play, no matter what the score is....now the situation may dictact to that and say otherwise, but in this game that we played with the Generals it wasnt that situation.....yes we were only up by 11, but hell in this game and the way that it had been goin 11 was alot....we tell our offense, give us 14pts and we will take care of the rest...thats what we say.....now, this is no disrespect to the Generals at all, these are just facts....you offense never really moved up and down the field on our defense, even on the play Jes scored on, and by the way it was a great fuckin play even if he were playin against middle school kids, now i also realize that our O didnt put up numbers in the second half, but once again we were up 11 and felt that our D could bring it home, which i think is the greatest compliment that our coach could give to our defense because last yr he would have never done that.... the bottom line is our DC thought that we could afford to continue with our rotation and thats what we did....ppl stop tryin to take away from what the Generals did....shit i watch the play from the sidelines and i was like damn he is moving....

2008 STANDINGS W L % PF PA
Kosciusko County Mustangs 7 1 87 249 88
Indiana Cutters 7 1 87 206 46
Southwest Ohio Blazers 6 2 75 212 122
Miami Valley Warriors 6 2 75 208 110
Indiana Generals 4 4 50 145 126
Mercer County Cougars 3 5 37 117 160
West Ohio Wranglers 2 6 25 46 188
Elkhart Shamrock 1 7 12 73 259
Classic City Crush 0 8 0 66 223

ifl regular season stats, mustangs best record, crush worst recored. mustangs best scoring team and cutters best team to prevent scoring. enough said right