supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I must be obedient

So I must admit I'm writing this in the middle of crying my eyes out but I'll be alright. I was at my desk at work listening to this song entitled "Incredible God, Incredible Praise" and when the chorus came in I pretty much lost it. And as i began to reflect on the words of the song it said what kind of God would do this for me? I really started to think about all the reasons I shouldn't be here today, but because of his grace and his mercy I have the victory. And that lead me to remember a vision that God gave me when I started playing for the Pirates. I saw a room full of football players in their uniforms standing and praising and worshiping God and it just blew me away. Now I'm going to assume God had them in uniforms so I could know which of his people he wanted to be ministered to.

I want to propose that after everyone is done with their respective seasons, that some of you guys maybe interested that we put together a football players retreat, that is Christ centered, that will allow us to uplift ourselves, each other, and our communities and our homes when we return. In my tenure with the MFL I have met preachers along the way #22 for the Cardinals and I know there are others out there.

I'm located in Indianpolis and I know my church would love to host something of this magnitude. I need honest feedback if this is something people might be interested in. All I beg is that the negativity that exsist on this message board take a back seat on this post. I know this would be a blessing to everyone who would attend.

Rev. Run

Re: I must be obedient

would it include the IFL. Maybe we could have an all Chritian game. IFL against MFL. For those of us who love The Lord Jesus Christ and the gam of Football.

Shamrock #51 Coach Carter

Praise the Lord my Blessed Brothers. even if it doesn't include the IFL I still love to fellowship with the people of GOD. here is my email tag. Let me Know. My prayers are with both of you.

Hey coach carter sorry i didn't get to meet you last saturday. I had to tend to family business, to get ready for the playoffs, but anyway GOD Bless you my brother. If I don't meet you on earth we will meet in GLORY.

That's the whole thing it's for any and everyone that would be interested. This isn't a league oriented thing, this is a Jesus thing.

Thats it!!!! Team JESUS allstars.

ROCK ON The Solid Rock That IS
Jesus is the reason for the season The football season that is

Amen!

Ill be glad to be apart of this anything that gives God the glory Im on board. Also its refreshing to see something so positive on this board...Actually before the Warriors game we had some gospel muaic playing and a couple of their players came over by I sideline. That inspired me to play more than anything this season

Yes sir! That was me and Jah that put that on.

yeah I think we should listen to gospel more often Grooms... All our answers are in his message

Amen!!! I would enjoy playing in a game like this!!!..........keep me in the loop!

Rev. Run, you know I love the game of football, but there is only one thing I love more, Jesus. Thanks for being obedient.