supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To the Shamrocks

Read and understand don't question.

Al Pacino, minutes speech
I don't know what to say really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, its the guy whose willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is! The 6 inches in front of your face...

Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

Re: To the Shamrocks

g-rod u couldnt have picked a better speecH! thats the first song/speech on my playlist every game and it gets me going so come saturday its gonna be a fun game!

seriously a lot of us are excited to play the rock again and definately arent taking you guys lightly! especially knowing a lot of the players are ex teammates and friends! this is gonna be a big game and whoever brings it the hardest will win despite records! rock(0-0) vs stangs(0-0) the new season has begun! stangs its up to us to make sure were ready cuz i bet those rock will be! so lets do this!
Safe travel shamrock!

Petre out!7

G-Rod - Like 1 said, nice timing. You guys showed flashes of getting it together last week against the Cutter's (yes I was there). Your #1 taking the kick on the fly in the middle of everyone took guts and a total disregard for his body. Someone could have easily removed body parts off that guy, starting with his ass and working their way up. We are looking forward to tomorrow and I promise you like I promise every team that comes to Mustang Country, you will not have the guy with the mike acting like a cheerleader. (Way to un-professional. And that is my opinion. Take it oe leave it.) Safe Travels down 19.

We are banged up. Are numbers are down. But I believe the cream of the crop has risen to the top.
I do not predict a victory, but i do promise a battle. The remaining Shamrock have the heart to be winners in life where it matters. We have battled through adversity, we have battled through injuries and we have found a way to keep not all but enough to continue in battle. I have a sore knee but i will be there to do all i can for my teammates. I will play fair i will play hard i will give all I have.
So when you line up against this 51 year old man no that you may beat me but i will get up and be there for you to have to beat me again. In the beginning of this season i was aked to help coach. I said yes. we did not have enough guys at practice. I filled in.
Mitch asked me wouldnt you like to play one year with your son. I said most definately. When he hurt his knee and was told he had to have surgery. I could have quit. But i could not turn my back on my team unlike some have done. I may be old and injured but if my team needs me i will be there and i will be ready for battle. GAME ON. Good Luck to all the teams and players not just in the games to be played but in all you do. The big Game The game of Life.

God Bless You All
Coach Carter #51
Team Shamrock

First off I'd like to thank Coach carter for sticking with us this season. I've learned alot from you over the season on and off the field. Second I'd like to say to the mustangs that we're also looking forward to playing against you guys again. It was one of the funnest games that I have been apart of in a long time. No matter what the outsome happens to be I'm sure that both teams will give it everything they have. See ya guys saturday!!!