supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/10 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. In the spirit of the shortening days that autumn has brought upon us and the shortening temper that a number of knuckleheads on the forum have brought to us, I will endeavor to keep the calls very short this week. Don't mistake the brevity for lack of interest or attention. I hope to get out and see not one, but two games this weekend- I am very much looking forward to that. So do your part and play great football. Let's get to it.

Indianapolis Stampede @ Ohio River Bearcats

A fantastic game no matter how you slice it. On paper, this is a Stampede win, but the home field advantage down on the river will be just too much. It's a crime to see a team like the Stampede end their run this early- but lookout for the Bearcats!

Bearcats 19
Stampede 15

Madison County Pirates @ Adams County Patriots

Now that my beloved Cubs have broken my heart again, it seems apt to make a baseball analogy here. The teams that win in October in baseball are those that get hot at the right time. The Pats have been better than anyone in the league all year and have gotten better every week- they're plenty hot right now. The Pirates are a very good team, but run into a buzzsaw this weekend.

Patriots 31
Pirates 13

West Ohio Wranglers @ Indiana Cutters

The Cutters, despite some disappointing outings on the road, are certainly for real. At home, their ground game rivals most any in the region, and the Wranglers will find out just that reality. Good luck to Brandon and Spencer in the off-season; I've got faith that next year is the year the Wranglers finally get over the hump.

Cutters 34
Wranglers 0

Elkhart Shamrock @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

The Orange versus Green in this one will leave you thinking you're watching Warsaw and Northridge play, and the outcome will be pretty similar, I would expect. The Rock have talent and heart and some emerging Chemistry, but that will not be enough to even hang around with the prohibitive favorite at home.

Mustangs 41
Shamrock 7

Wisconsin Wolfpak @ Indianapolis Tornados

While the Warriors of Indianapolis long ago faded from memory, the Tornados have hung around inspiring memories of the proud days of yore. The Wolfpak come to town with a nasty defense and a couple of wins over a little team called Kane County under their belt. Next year might be the year the Tornados are hoping for, but this year ends on Saturday to the Pak.

Wolfpak 24
Tornados 10

Indiana Generals @ Miami Valley Warriors

Success can be measured a lot of ways, and there are few measures by which the Generals can be satisfied with the 08 campaign. Inconsistency has been the rule of the day as talent and focus are in abundance for the Generals- but the execution is often not. The trip out to the Dayton area is bad for every visitor, and this week in particular for the Generals.

Warriors 28
Generals 6

Racine Threat @ Leyden Lions

It's an all West division party this year in the Mid States, and the Threat and Lions have had very similar seasons with very similar outcomes. The Lions have the slight advantage in talent and the home field pushes them over the edge. Next up a trip to Hell AKA Hanson Field.

Lions 26
Threat 18

Northern Illinois Cowboys @ Chicago Thunder

One can not overstate the progress that the Cowboys have made- though they've largely whipped up on the league's doormats. It's clear that the season in many ways has exceeded expectations, though, and that is worthy of notice. The bad news in the crowded West division is that the Cowboys have now to play a team greatly superior to them and in the worst place to play. Thunder advance to another title game. Yawn.

Thunder 44
Cowboys 0

Union City Indians @ Hagerstown Tigers

I don't know which was worse: losing as the Indians did on Friday night, or finding out their sectional draw (a second consecutive game with Northeastern) on Tuesday night. At any rate, Beef and the Indians are now forced to play catch up to find a way to get to the coveted .500 slot for the season. Too many turnovers and missed assignments have been the bain of the Indians offense. The Tigers are a team that looks much like the Indians, but have played to a greatly different result. One can hope the Beef learns from the loss this week and finds a way to apply those lessons to great effect in the final few weeks. This team deserves some success, the celebration of Wes-Del so fresh in their minds- they realize that it is an uphill fight from here.

Tigers 34
Indians 14

That's all I've got. Sleep calls. Running your mouth and being annoying are not things that make your momma proud. Playing hard, talking with your pads, and leaving all on the field sure are, so get at it, boys.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/10 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

I believe the Wranglers will not be making the trip to Bloomington to play the Cutters, due to lack of player participation for the weekend. This is NO reflection on the guys running the team. They have done all they could to keep it going this season, but they didn't seem to get the same dedication from some players.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 10/10 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

supa you forgot about the cougars and blazers game unless i havent heard something about that game

I was under the impression that if no one posted a game earlier in the week then there would be no prediction for that game.

That is correct. Good luck to both the Crush and the Blazers, but no post means no prediction.

what time is the mustang shamrock game???

7:00 pm at Triton High School

Blazers 20
Cougars 12

Cougars were up 12 - 6 with 4:00 to go in the game, but the Blazers wore the Cougars 15 players down late.

Good luck to the Blazers next week.

Blazers 20 - Cougars 12

Cougars had a lot of heart and brought a lot of trick stuff we weren't ready for. It took us until three minutes left to show some heart and take what should have been a home game on the road. Good luck next yar Cougars.

so this game has already been played? confused son.....so where was this game played at and what time?

nevermind i figured it out.....just ah tad bit slow today thats all....lol

does anyone know who won the game between the stampede and the bearcats?? if so what was the score??

PATRIOTS 29
PIRATES 6
GOOD GAME PIRATES.

17 to 13 mustangs over the shamrock. They showed up and believed and tryed to hand us 1. Hell of a game and a eye opener MUSTANGS!!!!!!

I hear 23-17 bearcats win double overtime. Anyone else heard different or got any details.

Correction. Bearcats 24 / Stampede 18 in double overtime. The teams went a combined 0/7 on PATs.

Who won between the Generals and the Warriors?

warriors 16
generals 13

generals lead at halftime, warriors took lead with less than 2 minutes, generals marched downfield late but couldnt get tying field goal off. great game all around.

First of all, great game to the Warriors! Generals led the entire game until 35 seconds left. The ensuing kickoff was returned to the 50 and after a few passes we had the ball at about the 25 yard line with a chance to tie the game and send it to overtime. The snap was mishandled and our holder was tackled and the clock ran out. I am really pissed we lost this game because I hate losing and didn't want our season to end, but the Warriors had a helluva come back. Moving #1(Redd) to Qb changed the game. I really think that if you guys don't do that with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter that our 13-3 lead would have grown. Your coach made a great adjustment. #1 is the best athlete by far that I have seen in this league, and you did a helluva job playing both ways to help bring your team back. Also, I wanted to say how proud I am of all of you Generals. You all played hard even until the very last second, and I am proud of all of you. For all of the shit that was talked before this game(and I know a lot of it was from our side) that is the difference that #9 makes for our team at Qb. I just wish we could have had him all season, so we could have had our playoff games at home. That was a long drive tonight (even worse on the way home). Again, congratulations to the Warriors and good luck in the next round against the Mustangs.

way to get on here and explain why you guys were sorry see thats all you guys do is talk shit then when you lose have a million reasons/excuses have a fun off season lol. "GENERALS" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I feel really sorry for you that your life is that miserable and insignificant that you have to come on here and bad mouth someone else(anonymously) to make yourself feel good. Reread the posting, I didn't make any excuses why we lost. I told the Warriors congratulations, told their coach he made a great adjustment, and told #1 for the Warriors he played a great game. If that is "talking shit" or making excuses please educate me because you seem to be an expert at it. Anyways, you must be in a dark and unloving place, and I pray for you. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.

Hey pats I didnt see toledo run the ball. He ok? Hes one of the best running backs Ive seen in these leagues. Hope to see him run in the championship!

No Toledo didn't run the ball in this one. His knee was sore from last week. He should be OK by next week. Even if he isn't I don't think there is anything that will keep him from runnin in the 'ship.
Thanks for your concern.

The Warriors didnt have RB #3 for the game. That was a big loss. The running games not the same without him. But a win is a win. The Generals QB is pretty good but I don't think it means you would be playing your playoff game at home.

Kudos to generals13. I admire anyone who can get on here following a season ending loss and comment as they have. To those who don't value the level of professionalism exhibited by the Generals, you do not understand what the game is truly about. Most of the comments posted by those who claim themselves as Generals are comments/opinions that sound as if they care not only about the game but how they come across as a person.

Maybe other teams that end up folding this upcoming year and pose the question next spring will wonder why they folded. The simple explanation is you don't have to win to be successful; you play a good game on all fronts and that is why a team is a success. The Generals exhibit that trait, long give the Generals! Next season, I hope to play for the Generals, I only hope that they still exist.

Im pretty sure I know who MVW96 is, but is that you Phil MVW76?

great game to the Bearcats ... This was a hard fought game between 2 first yr. teams! Great game guys now go rep the south!!! most of us will be there to watch from ur sideline

haha deuce you know me too well but that isn't phil

0-7 combined pats not true, I hit 2 of 3 and 1 fg

Leyden Lions 38 Racine Threat 17

Chicago Thunder 26 Northern Illinois Cowbys 0

Lions and Thunder will meet for MSFL Championship

Indianapolis Tornados 38
Wisconsin Wolfpack 18

Tornados are moving on to round 3 of the NAFL playoffs
they will travel to Ontario, Canada to play the London Silverbacks on 10/18.

AD, thanks for your comments I really do appreciate what you said. I hope you do seriously consider joining the Generals next year we could use a few more guys that think like you. I am pretty sure the Generals will still be around next year. A few guys said they wouldn't be coming back, but that is to be expected after a hard season and a hard loss like the one last night. Give everyone some time to miss the game and we will see who really stays away. As of right now I probably won't be back ,though. I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter at home and hopefully will have another little one on the way soon, so I can't see myself leaving my wife at home on saturdays by herself for up to 12 with 2 little ones (unless she gives me the OK). I really did enjoy playing for the Generals ,though, and they have a great core of players, so you should join if you are serious about playing. Anyways, if this was my last year I just wanted to say Thank You Troy! The last three years were a blast and I know YOU did everything you could to help us try to win a championship as a coach and now as the team president. I know you and Coach Don and Hendricks didn't hear it much, but I really did appreciate all of your guys hard work and sacrifice you guys put into the team, and I am just so sorry that we let you guys down. Anyways, to the rest of the Generals keep it together you guys are SO CLOSE! A couple of breaks our way and it is a different season. Build on that guys and finish it next year. Hey, maybe a miracle will happen and I'll be back next year, but if not Good Luck next year and thank you for being such great teammates and friends. I will truly miss all of you and the battles we face together.

The Bearcats were 0/4 on PATs. The Stampede were 1/2 on PATs and I believe they were 1/2 as well on FGs. The Stampede scored a touchdown, extra point, then a FG, then a safety. That was all of their scoring in regulation. They scored once in OT and missed the EP.

The last post is correct with the scoring breakdown.

Just want to say congrats to the Warriors on their victory. Great game! Too bad someone had to lose. I will be rooting for you guys too take the ring! It just feels better when you get knocked out to the champions....not much better, but better. GOOD LUCK! To the fellow GENERALS....Keep your heads up! Despite all we went through, we went up there and gave it our all, nothing else we can do...You are all champions in my book and I look forward to seeing everyone of you early next year and start the hard work all over again! Keep your heads up...We'll get ours, just later rather than sooner! Phil, thank you for the words you posted. It makes me truly proud to be a part of this organization. And it should make the rest of them feel the same! Let the recruiting begin! Good luck Warriors!

It was a great game! The Generals definately had a good game plan and stuck to it as long as they could... We struggled early (for various reasons - no excuses), but like was said earlier - made some adjustments and were able to pull it out... Congrats to ALL of the Warriors for coming together, getting through the adversity, and getting it done! And BIG PROPS to #9 of the Generals (QB) - I've seen no one better all year at that spot!

Thank you for the compliment. It was a great game and I was glad I could be a part of it. I wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the way!

Generals #9, did your leg heal up?

Yes, it is doing well actually. This past week was the first time i was able to run around full speed in 10 weeks, and other than some extreme fatigue, it held up really well. Thank you for asking.