supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL Championship Game

Where is the Championship Game going to be held

Re: IFL Championship Game

EITHER AT THE CUTTERS HOME FIELD OR MUSTANGS HOME FIELD.

At the higher seeds home field.

Shouldn't it be at a nuetral site?

This just my thought on this and I do not mean any disrespect to anyone so please do not take it that way.
Shouldn't the Championship game be played at a field with excellant lighting as well as stands for the fans and restroom facilities. I think that should be a requirement as this is a championship game and will be attended by many fans.
I keep pretty good track of the posts on here and it seem the Warriors had some complaints about the Cutters field, now to the Cutters players and coaches don't take that wrong but it was talked about on here a few weeks ago.
Does the IFL have any regulation reagrding fields once they get to the final four I'm sure the Blazers aren't happy that they will be playing on grass and not field turf. I would think that the league its self would require that the Ship and final four be played on at a high school facility. The IFL is a top notch league and I just believe these games will be played on top notch fields.
I would like to wish everyone playing today good luck have a great game and a safe injury free game. It is to bad there always has to be only one team that continues their season after their games tonight.
There will be so many great games on the 18th. I wish I could attend them all. I believe the Bearcats will be playing the Pats for the MFL Ship and I believe the final four for the IFL will be Mustangs hosting the Warriors and the Cutters hosting the Blazers and that is the game I will not miss should be a barn burner.

First off, no offense taken by your comments that you made about the field, but I will clear this up right away, that was our practice field and we had to hold the game there due to our home field and back up field being rained out, we also tried to get 2 fields that have field turf but once again we were denied....Our home games are played at Edgewood HS which has great facilities for the players and the fans, so if the Lord blesses us enough to allow us to host the Ship....a great field will not be a problem....Im not goin to lie, when i was told that we had to play that game on our practice field, i no longer wanted to play the game, but what a mistake that would have been, i have to apologize to my organization as a whole and my coaching staff for ever doubting that they would make that field more than presentable, but at the sametime i do apologize to the Warriors becuz i feel they were cheated out of a much more electric atmosphere due to our situation

A neutral site was discussed and voted down. The reasoning is that if a team has worked so hard to get the number on seed then they deserve to host the championship. Also trying to get a field for a home game can be hard enough, now imagine that you try and go to a field that has no association with the two teams playing. If you have dealt with school systems and ADs you know how tight their restrictions are on the fields we play on. It is what it is until somebody can come up with something better.

Drekey,
Thank you for your post and believe me when we started getting the field ready on the 13th I had no idea that things would be as good as they turned out. It took all day and lots of people to make that happen and without it I truely dodn't know what we would have done, but you know me, I bleed Cutter red and this team is so important to me, not only as a team, but I always want the organization to look good and represent Bloomington in a great way and with class.
It is true that we have two fields here in Bloomington that have field turf and it is true that we have tried to secure the North High School ( even having a contract last year that was not honored by MCCSC ) facility for a game over the past two years but the Monroe County School Board will not allow it. ( in fact will not even discuss in public at school board meeting rather behind closed doors in private ) We recently asked again but was once again denied, now the question is this WHY????? I sure as hell can't figure it out and to top off everything they allowed the University of Iowa to use the field Friday evening to practice for their game against Indiana this weekend. I wonder how many local charities the university of iwoa has helped out here in Bloomington, I know every home game for the Cutters we have a special night for one of the local organizations that need help. Such as Bloomington Township Food Pantry, The boys and Girls Club, Big Broothers and Big Sisters and many others over the past two seasons.
We have excellant referances from our current home field Edgewood High School.
The school system ( MCCSC ) is in need of revenue ( they started charging students to use sports buses this year ) but yet they will not allow us to rent the facility and we have the blessing from the Head Coach at North High School as well as the blessing of the Head Coach at South High School.
I will say this the Indiana Cutters in my book always represent the City of Bloomington well anytime they take the field and what an excellant oppertunity it would be play a game at either North or South and show off the facilities and let visitors see what Bloomington has to offer.
I think it is childish and immature of the board to make this ruling. Many of the players on the Cutters played at North or South and the School corp. made lots of money from fans coming to your games while in school and now that they have graduated this is nothing but a kick in the mouth. The Cutters players are being treated unfairly in this matter and in fact to me it is outright discrimination. I hope that in the future we will be able to play on the fields that was built with taxpayer dollars and when the money was approved for the fields the board stated that they would be used to create revenue. I guess this is just politics,,,,,,,,,,, say what needs to be said to get approval and then go back on your word.Regardless I will always stand up for my Cutter players and fans.
We will pursue this in the future but for now we have a final four game to prepare for. We have lots to do this week and I hope many will come out and enjoy our game against the Southwest Ohio Blazers, and to the Blazers travel safe and we will see you on Saturday.

Jim Allen
President Indiana Cutters Football

If any AD were to get on this message board and see how other teams have screwed other schools in the past it is obvious why they would not want to mess with a amatuer team.

After reading this post I wanted to comment about the field that was used for the Cutter warrior game I was there and and can give an honest answer about it.
First off it was very apparent that the Cutters worked very hard to get their practice field ready to host this game but it was not a quality facility. I AM NOT degrading the Cutters or their effort but hey it was an average field at best. There were many low spots and some "holes". There was no seating for the majority of fans and they had portable toilets brought in, the lighting was not real good but it was ok maybe best to say below average on lights, and the mosquitos were TERRIBLE, but they did what they had to do in order to make the game happen. Yes it was not what was expected and after a 4 hour drive to pull in and see where the game was being played it was a let down for sure.
The other problem was the game officialls were over half an hour late because they were not notified of the field change and went to the usual home field.
The Cutters are a first class organization and I don't think anyone will have to worry about a quality field from them for the playoffs.

What bothers me this is Who paid for these high school football fields to be built? You, Me, and the taxpayers of Indiana. So why can I not use the field I help build?

I understand these the cost of upkeep, cleanup, and utilities, but if one is willing to cover those cost what's the issue.

I really suggest the Cutter Board with their entire team and supporters in tow appears in front of the board and ask for a review of the ruling.

This is true, the team did work very hard on getting the field ready and I can understand that you felt it was a let down when you pulled in, trust me you can not feel the way that we felt when we found out that we were going to have to host you guys there....I know you meant no disrespect at all....as for the squitos....lol
i thought they were pretty nice that night....lmao
the other day at practice i had to coat myself in off.....terrible...lol
We just didnt want the game to not be played and the Lord made it possible to happen and he also brought everybody out of that game without any real injuries....we shall have our normal field for the rest of the playoffs and im sure that the coaching staff and board members have something special for the ppl there this week...hell i dont know what they have planned but im sure they have something up their sleeves, dont miss it

OK Drekey you said we would have something special for this weekends game and I have posted some info regarding the game on a new thread check it out you will be surprised,
A larger stadium that holds twice as many fans