supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OUR RENT IS PAYED! THANKS TO ALL WHO DONATED!

I want to take a moment not just to thank the folks who ponied up the money for our little gathering spot here, but to invite all of you to thank the men and women who give selflessly as they did. Anyone who has been around this game for any length of time knows that teams and leagues are able to do what they do because of the support and frankly selfless sacrifice of so many who go unnoticed or unrecognized. Those whose names never ring over the loudspeaker, and will never be in the center of any game program. This game is such that often the sacrifices of the few carry the selfish many who choose not to concern themselves with the dirty work of running a team.

Let this post also be a reminder to all of you to thank all of them. Like the folks who donated to this messageboard on YOUR behalf, they did it for the benefit of all of us. They did not think selfishly of themselves, but of the public good. As so many have aptly noted, the endless polls posted here focused on individual achievement remind us of just how much in need we are of a paradigm shift not just in the game but in our society writ large.

So without any further discussion- please remember to thank the following folk if you should see them at any time in the next two years- that is how much rent they paid on this little joint. I want to offer my own sincere thanks to each of you- it's nice to know that the work I do here, modest as it may be, is joined in purpose and in dollars by brothers and sisters of common purpose. Peace be upon all of you.

John Jackson

Tyrone Dixson

Chris Cooke

Tony Martin

Jim Allen

Mid Ohio Jets

Re: OUR RENT IS PAYED! THANKS TO ALL WHO DONATED!

Thanks All!