supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warriors unsportsmanlike conduct

I have just gotten home from the Mustang/Warriors game and I haven't yet calmed down. Why do some teams (in this case the Warriors) feel that they need to be unsportsman like????? There seem to be a group of guys # 45 and the defense that really don't seem to get the rules.....or at least they think they don't apply to them. When a team takes a knee....why would a defensive player come over the line? This happened not ONCE...not even TWICE, but THREE times, what is up with that? This is not the only instance of their poor attitudes. Personally, I think that the men (and I use that word losely with some of those players) need to remember they are roll models for their kids and other kids at the stadium. Suck it up guys......show good sports attitudes and leave it on the field CLEANLY!

Re: Warriors unsportsmanlike conduct

Good comments...considering we had the local Youth Football League and the local high school players there tonight. The Mustangs take time after the game to go visit with the Pee Wee team. The look on these kids faces when Houlihan and Neko came over and visited with them was priceless. Plus we reminded them that dedication, practice, AND good sportsmanship is what it's all about. Cheap shots end more than football careers. All these guys have "real jobs" Monday through Friday. It's a shame that someone was trying to take that away too.
Way to go Mustangs, and most of the Warrior's. It was one hell of a game.

especially dinger from the warriors.. walking off the field flipping us and our fans off while we had the youth team standing right there.. but to the warriors that handled it like men.. great game!

I don't want this to turn into a lets bash them - yah - thread. I just want to say there were only a few select people (mostly Defense) were showing their emotions on their sleeves, and running mouths during the game, and near the end when reality was setting in, players intelligence levels must drop. Needless to say I didn't get a couple things...

1 - the throwing of your team helmet 50 ft in the air in disgust. That's your team, those are your brothers. Don't disgrace your logo please.

2 - The intentional slapping of the ball by the DT while it was being snapped for a kneel-down.

I'm not expecting these people (and you know who you are) to come home and read this and go wow... I did that? Jeez I'd don't remember that - maybe I should watch what I do and how I act, and have this life altering-effect. Look how you act on the field magnifys who you are in public, but you've got to keep a level head or you end up costing your team 30 yds in penalty's when you still have a shot at winning. Theres no room for that in the IFL - take it to the MFL, I hear they let you pack heat in those games...

Good games to the good sports on the Warriors well played game, hope you all had a safe drive home. Good game mustangs, and lets not dwell on this - and focus our time, energy and words on the upcoming game.

First off I would like to appologize for my actions of making a statement about that facemask (at the end of the game) I was upset with the call and said that it wasn't a facemask...we have all made such statements and I was a little shocked when I got benched for a few plays...but I can't take it back so I appologize.

Second off we are aware of what happened and we know that we were losing it so we really don't need to hear about it from other teams when we are all grown men and our team is going to worry about yourselves.

Congrats to the Mustangs on the W and stay healthy this week...you will need to be in order to win the ship.

Hey #96, it was an emotional game, i have played on the other side of ya for a couple years now. U have always been a tough opponent, and a great shower of class. TO be honest i dont think u should have been out for 4 plays either. I hope to see ya next year. Good luck in the offseason bro!

p.s. Gain some weight why dont ya! hahaha, fast mother effer!! lol...

Hey thanks for the props man...yeah we being this dance for a few seasons now...don't worry I'll be back for sure I might put some weight on but I def plan on gettin just a little faster for ya

I was not at the game but I did get reports as the game went along... So here is my voice on the matter...

I personally know the Warriors in qeustion that everyone is calling unsportsmanlike. I do understand that their actions may have been uncalled for, but to sit there & talk about it on this message board does no one any good. First of all, have any of you been in the kind of game that was played last night? Playoff games get very emotional, to where sometimes you are beside yourself until to get back in you car & settle down. "This is the last game of the year or my career" is going through every players mind. These guys you speak are good character guys, so do not let one game be the judge & jury about them.

Now about the game, if by the slimest of margin there may be a chance for a player to make a play, them by all means that is what every coach wants from a player, to give it their all. Jumping over the line while the offense is trying to kneel the ball is not unsportsmanlike. If the QB does not kneel the ball then it is still a live ball. Slapping of the ball as it is being snapped is a legal play also. Once that ball moves in the slightest bit it becomes a live ball.

So lets get off of the final minutes of the game becausae the Warriors were trying to do the same thing the Mustangs did do, & that is everything possible to win the game. Did it work for them, no, so its over.

Yes, we all do believe that what happened after the game could be deemed inappropiate, but its all over now & I honestly believe that no one at the game will be scared for life & have to visit the Dr. Phil Show. In a week everyone would have forgotten about this matter anyways so lets all just move on.

Congradulations Mustangs, You have had a great year. Good luck to both you & the Cutters next week. I am trying to make arrangements to be in attendance for the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

WE ALL LOVE THIS GAME...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3

Mr Franz, You are right about emotions in a heated game, but what about a heated arguement with your spouse or children? Is that how you would teach YOUR children to act? I sure hope NOT. That is appalling. Football is Life, there is no excuse. No the entire team should not be judged that way, but you need to try to help your brothers control themselves. The problem is the people who act that way get away with it! If I had a child that acted that way, I am sure that he/she would have heard about it. I also realize that every day we are faced with times that we would like to flip people off, but do you do it or do you control yourself? Quite sticking up for people who don't deserve it.

As for not posting that on this site....if not here then where? It needs to be brought to the attention of the IFL fans, coaches and other players.

Let's all remember the words your Momma taught you, treat others the way you want to be treated.

I have been told by refs in several games that slaping the ball is a personal foul but either way sportsmanship should NEVER be compromised.

It was an exciting game to watch. The warriors played a real hard game. Its always sad to see players lose their composure. But I am sure they regret it the next day. cant wait to see the cutters.

Do you honestly believe that your message board rants will be taken in for consideration....get over yourself. At this point...who cares. Unless the refs have deemed it so...its not a league issue (or should your opinion supercede theirs?). If the Warriors feel necessary, they will handle it internally. Your public pressures, and message board soap box rhetoric is worthless. It will inspire nothing. Focus on your next game. Man its annoying when people take semi pro so seriously...

your #7 nothing can be done about it league wise and neither should the whole MVW team be considered dirty or unsportsman like because it was only a handful. BUT to have 14-18 kids (6-11 yr olds) right on the sideline and DINGER walking right in the middle of the field flipping off every one and saying F you.. F you repeatedly is a joke! so personally I didnt write on here to exploit the team just to make that individuals name public so everyone knows what a joke he is. as for the rest of the team they play like there name warriors and played a hell of game!

Mustang Fan,
Thank you for keeping a eye on Dinger.
I as the head coach of the Warriors DO NOT support those types of actions, and I apologize for any emotional stress this may have given to any of your kids or fans. It will not happen again.
As for #45 Joey Marshall, Joey played with his heart and left it on the field, yes he had one un sportsmanlike after a play that he knocked a guy down, but he didn't do anything that hurt anyone, in which he apologized for, so he is more than welcome to play for the Warriors, and as for the last seconds when the ball was swatted at and so forth, the referee is supposed to notify the defense that the offense is taking a knee and did NOT, both times even after we told him. I know some would say that we seen they were taking a knee, but players are taught to play every down and play it till the whistle is blown, that is why it is important for referee's to do their job.
As for putting the Warriors in a class with the MFL, (in which I have no idea what goes on in the MFL) maybe thats not your decision to make, as the Warriors organization has been in effect since 2005 and each year we feel we are growing into a classier organization that will some day possibly be a organization that teams will set standards by.
The IFL proved to us that they have a great league with no push over teams. We seen a lot of talented ball teams this season, and a ton of very talented players, maybe the teams were missing just a few things, but each team still has room to build on to be better, and we liked that no team ever quit on any given game.
To get back to the game though, bottom line is that there were bad calls on both sides of the ball, the Mustangs capitalized on the Warriors mistakes, and the Mustangs come out on top with a great win that helped them to go forth for a chance to become IFL Champions. Very emotional game last night and I take my hat off to the players on the field. I also want to wish the QB Mike I think was his name, good luck in a speedy recovery of his injury, I also want to wish our QB Joe Freeman a speedy recovery as he broke his left hand in the first quarter of the game and is in surgery today. I wish the Mustangs good luck, but they have a rough road next week against a very talented Cutters team.
As for the Warriors, we will be back next year and hopefully God gives us another chance to play in another great game like the one we played in last night, (With a different outcome of course)
For all of you in the IFL have a safe weekend and good luck next week.
Coach Agee
Miami Valley Warriors
2005 LSFL Runners Up
2007 GLFL South Division Champions
2008 IFL 7-3 League games 14-4 Overall Great season.

actually i apologize to dinger, you are correct it wasnt dinger it was #45, thank you coach for recognizing that is just plain unacceptable but again i apologize for dingers name thrown out there when it was #45

I spoke with Joe Marshall just earlier today. On behalf of Joe he does send his apologies to the Mustang Fans & the entire Mustangs organization. He called me & asked me to post this because he does not have access to a computer & knows that I am always online. He feels like a total jerk to put this post nicely. He regrets acting the way he did. Believe me when I say these things about Joe Marshal. He is a role model for kids to look up to, even though he did not show his best lastnight. Last year Joe Marshall played for me on The Shamrock & when I asked my son who is your favorite player, he said Joe Marshall, not even me his own father. Joe is a guy that enjoys the kids around him & I only wish you all could see that side of him.

Most importantly HE REALLY DOES APOLOGIZES...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3

Joey is a class act. Ash9vn a player, and former teammate AND friend of his..you all know I never cal anything out I dont see, even with my cataracts.

Good luck to both teams in the 'ship!

Hendricks