Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

Dear All,

I love my PB2, but I would like to do more with it. So far I have tried it in:

FF Cream Cheese = tastes sour, not what I expected
FF Ricotta Cheese = seemed to mask the flavor because the cheese was too heavy
FF Hersey's Syrup = Interesting texture, but not captivating flavor.

Smuckers Sugar Free Preservatives = Used as a Pnut and Jelly sandwhich, Okay, but I prefer my Pnut butter separated to feel the creaminess on my tongue.

FF Cool Whip = GREAT But I would like to find another thing I can addit to!

I am hoping that you all have been busy with your 'testing' kitchens and have found something new and different.

Ideas?

JeanCat
Any ideas?

AIMEE Re: PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

Dear AIMEE,

I found this recipe in your new cookbook.
My question is What do you think about using the PB2? do you think it will work?
Do you think that the PB2 can be added as a powder, or must it be made into a butterfirst?

Peanut Butter Pie

1 (.8 oz.) Package Jello Cook and Serve Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding
1 3/4 Cups Skim Milk
1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust
1 Cup Fat Free Whipped Topping
2 Tablespoons Hershey's Lite Syrup

Mix the milk and pudding in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring often until the pudding is thick. Stir in the peanut butter until melted. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate for for 4 hours. Spread evenly with whipped topping, then drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Serves: 8
Per Serving: 190 Calories; 7g Fat (32.1% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 244mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 7 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

JeanCat

Re: PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

that PB pie recipe looks amazing! i am going to make it and find out!

Re: Re: PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

With PB2 I hope!
Either way looking forward to your input and critique!

JeanCat Personal Recipe Re: PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

Okay so I have nothing better to do!
I find stuff that looks liek I should try the PB2 powder in it and then I get a FIND or a Found Out!After a few Found outs I finally hit pay dirt!

I mixed the PB2 with Jello Chocolate Ready to eat pudding DELISH

I also mixed it with Kozy Shack Chocolate Pudding. It too was Delish!

Both puddings are 1 pt and the PB2 is 1 pt.

I like them both and found the deep rich chocolate of Jello brand to be a bit more like what I was looking for.

I won't tell you how much to use, I think it is a matter of taste.

Hope you all like this quick snack. It could be topped with cool whip. Or drizzled with FF carmel.

Let me know about using PB2 in Aimee's Pnut pie recipe.

JeanCat

Honestly I haven't tried it in any recipes yet, but if I was going to try that recipe above, I'd probably just add the dry PB2 in at the same time I was mixing the dry pudding mix into the milk. I wouldn't even bother mixing the PB2 with water first. Like I said, haven't tried it, but that's what I'd do if I did try it. LOL!

Jean Cats Personal LAZY PNUT BUTTER PIEFAIT Recipe!

JeanCATS Personal LAZY PNUT BUTTER PIEFAIT (play on words: parfait)

Crust: Optional- Place One 2 1/2 inch square graham cracker crushed 0.5 pt on the bottom of the parfait cup. (WW book says 2 x 2 1/2 inche squares = 1 pt)
Then layer the filling and topping.
the chocolate/PB2 mixture then the Cool Whip PB2

Filling Mixture.

1 individual container of your favorite low point chocolate pudding such as Kozy Shack or Jello 1 or 2 points. Kozy is 90 cals 3 fat 5 fiber =1 pt

1 Tbsp PB2 dry powder 0.5 pt

Mix the above and place in a very pretty dessert cup or parfait cup.

Alternative: Place 1/2 of choc pudding on top of the crust or bottom of parfait dish. Mix the PB2 with the other half and layer on top of it.

Top with
2 Tbsp FF Cool Whip 25 cals = 1 pt per electronic WW point counter.

Alternative: Mix another Tbsp of PB2 powder in it for 1 more point. Layer this AFTER the choc PB2 mixture then the plain Cool Whip.

Toppings: Optional: Drizzel FF carmel sauce or FF Herseys Chocolate sauce. Check points usually: 0.5 to 1 point.

Recipe can vary from 3.5 to 5.5 points depending upon which and what ingredients you choose to use and how much of each. PLEASE do your own pt calculations on this. I have no problem with this. If you do then round every thing up.

I personally do use 3 points:
Kozy chocolate 1 Pt
Cool Whip 1 Tbsp 1/2 Pt. with 1 Tbsp PB2 1 Pt
Cool Whip 1 Tbsp 1/2 Pt
Total = 3 points!

I personally do not use the crust, as I like the creamy texture without it. But if I did in the above mixture recipe I would count it as 3.5 pts.

I don't add drizzel of toppings, but I will if company is comiing over!

I love Jello No Sugar Choc Pudding and usually use it, bit Kozy is great for this recipe becausae it is milk choc and Jello brand is more of a dark choc. Your choice! Both are good. HM....

Company Coming?
And I will make the four different colored and taste layers for company! Will work great and look beautiful in a tall parfait glass with the four layers!

Crust
Choc pudding (alone)
Choc + PB2 pudding
Cool Whip + PB2 mixture
Cool Whip (alone)
Drizzel of
PB2 sauce or Herseys Chocolate Syrup or FF Carmel (like for apple dip)

PB2 Sauce:
Instead of two Tbsp PB2 Powder and 1 Tbsp water for butter, MIX 1 Tbsp PB2 Powder and 2 Tbsp water or 1.5 Tbsp water for a bit thicker sauce.

JeanCat's Personal Thai PB2 Satay Dipping Sauce or Thai Chicken Salad Dressing

A recent trip to a NORMS 24 hr resturant in California that is now serving Thai Chicken Satay Sticks (4 or 5 for $6.99)inspired me to try the PB2 to make it!

Okay I suggest that you make chicken kabobs with what ever spices or flavorings you like, using lean chicken breast. Spear with bamboo pics.

Mix the following per person or per serving:
1 Tbsp PB2 dry powder (0.5 pt)
1.5 to 2 Tbsps water
1/8 to 1/4 tsp chile flakes
1/4 tsp chile powder
1 tsp olive or canola oil (1 pt)
Sugar substitute like Splenda or Equal: 1/8 to 1/4 pkt or more to taste.
Optional: 1/4 tsp curry powder

Makes 3 Tbsp = 1 serving

Total points: 1.5
Option 1: leave out oil (I do), then the points are 0.5 or 1 point if you round up.

Option 2: leave out chile powder, flakes and oil if you do not like/can't have spicy.

Option: You may use 1/2 tsp Chinese RED chile paste/sauce that has the seeds in it, instead of the chile flakes, powder and oil.but this will have some oil and you will have to count the points yourself).

Option 3: IF you leave out the chile, try 1 tsp of honey, with oil 2.5 pts (3 if you round up) or without oil = 1.5 pts (2 if you round up).

This is a great dipping sauce for chicken kabobs for a Thai cusine!
also it is GREAT withleft over chicken on a bed of salad mixings for your dressing for a Thai chicken Salad.
Play and adjust the spices to taste.

Let me know HOW you make it work for you, and what else you do with this idea!

Enjoy this LOW POINT Delish Recipe!

Jean Cat

Heating PB2 - Be careful!

Dear Aimee,

I tried to heat the PB2 for a sauce in the microwave. It is very delicate. It wants to bubble up on even 10 seconds on high. So I give you a warning to use very low heat and slowly heat PB2 if you need it hot.

I have not tried your pie recipe with or without PB2. After my 'experience' trying to heat the PB2 sauce I think adding the PB2 to CHILLED pudding may be best. But I will leave this to you or others to try.

Why? because if you notice I am a fast cook, not one to spend much time in the kitchen. I love cooking but have no time. Actually wanting to make your pie but not having the time is what inspired me to create a quick lazy parfait or 'piefait'. I wanted to thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks for all you do,

JeanCat

JeanCats Personal PB2 Sauce or Ice Cream Topping

JeanCats Personal PB2 Sauce or Ice Cream Topping

Inspired by Baskin Robbins Hot PNut Butter Topping:
Okay I was having my chocolate frozen yogurt and I said to myself I wonder what PB2 would taste like in it.
So I mixed the sauce with 2 parts Water and 1 part PB2 (I used Tbsp for 1 pt) I then tried to heat it in the microwave for a hot topping, when it began to bubble and almost burn around the edges. If I had left it, it would have dried up and may be even caught on fire.

Soooooooo take extra precaution with this and heat PB2 slowly on 50% power in a microwave and slowly on low over an open flame or electric stove.

Any way the chocolate frozen yogurt of 120 pts, 4.5 fat and 0 pts fiber = 3 pts and the sauce adds 1/2 more for a total of 3.5 (unless you round up it would be 4 pts).

Also remember this if you make my Chicken Thai Satay
Enjoy!

JeanCat

JeanCat's Personal LAZY PB2 Piefait Recipe!

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/1520267441/fetch/1022171/2

There's a website where someone has gathered a bunch of PB2 recipes -- they look pretty good!

http://www.jenzjourney.com/pb2.htm?forumID=128953&page=1

Re: Re: PB2 Calling all PB2 Recipes!

Thank you Shelly!
Yes this is what I am looking for!
Also looking for THIS community to send in their very own recipes.

I looked over Jenz and I noticed the Thai sauce recipe. Of course it has soy in it which is way too much salt for me. So I think my recipe is not only different but for the salt sensitive people. I certainly did not add ginger. So I will have to try that.

I looked over every recipe. My PIEFAIT has 4 layers and Jenz has 2 layers. Less work or Prettiest? you have to decide. If I am making it for me I will use the 2 layer, but for special company the 4 layer.

but I can not wait to try the PB2 cookies!

Thanks again,

JeanCat