General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Especially For Aimee #2

Dear Aimee:
Please Recall:
http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/1520267441/show/1017143
I KNOW HOW MUCH you love your Egg Mc Muffin Sandwiches. So I thought you might like to add a Breakfast sausage in that sandwich.

Find #3 – 28 Jean Cats Finds – Jeanetta’s Personal Recipe: Maple Breakfast Sausages

Especially For Aimee!

JeanCats: Jeanetta’s Personal Recipe: Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties or Sausages
As you all know I have to find LOW FAT and NO to LOW sugar alternatives. When my father was very ill and dying, I made all his meals using crock pot.

1 lb of ground turkey
Add a bit of Kitchen Bouquet Gravy Brown to crumbled ground meat before cooking. About 1/4 tsp to 1 /2 tsp
1/8 to 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
Maple extract 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp (more if you prefer)
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp fennel powder (Fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp Anise liquid flavoring or powder or 5 Chinese Spice can be substituted)
Optional: ½ tsp of Splenda from envelope

Option: Leave out the Maple for a traditional sausage.
Optionals:
Add pepper and salt to taste.
Add any other spice such as chile powder or 21 salute
Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of beef bouillon powder granules
Increase fennel or anise flavorings for a stronger flavor

Sweet Italian sausage:
Omit Maple: Increase fennel/anise flavor by at least two, increase garlic powder to 1/2 tsp add 1/2 to 1 tsp of either Italian herb seasoning (increase for stronger flavor).
Hot Italian sausage:
Omit Maple: : Increase fennel/anise flavor by at least two, increase garlic powder to 1/2 tsp add 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning , ADD 1 tsp chile flakes, ¼ chile powder

Optional: use fresh garlic
Optional: use 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil and count points.
Mix by hand well like you do a meatloaf. If you need moisture just add water or a bit more liquid KB.

Divide mixture in to 8 equal parts, roll each into a ball then flatten into a pattie: 8 patties Adjust points accordingly. 2 ounces of meat per pattie.
Fry in a pan with non-stick cooking spray (PAM), until done. Flip in the middle of cooking. Try frying a pinch of meat mixture to taste and adjust spices.

Serve with real eggs or Egg Beaters. Try it in the AIMEE or Jean Cat Egg McMuffin .

Makes a great low, fat low point breakfast and they can be made in advance then frozen if individually wrapped in plastic wrap then in a Ziplock with all air squeezed out. To use heat in microwave on 50% power for about 2 minutes and check; continue reheating until ready. May also heat in skillet.

Ideas:
Add fine bread crumbs to mixture or dredge/coat in fine bread crumbs. Adjust points. Then fry.
Roll into a cigar shaped form for a sausage instead of patty.
Add a small dash of cardamom.
Add a small amount of olive oil if you prefer a fattier sausage, adjust points.

I do hope that you like this recipe Aimee.
I made it especially for you in mind after reading the following link:
http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/1520267441/fetch/980539/12

Please let me know what you think. Ratios have to be played with as you make the sausages. That is why I do a dime size patty test for flavor before I form the sausages.

Love ya,
JeanCat
Recall the purpose is low salt and low fat. While brands exist they are rarely low salt.
Recall Aimee wanting to know more about Kitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce: http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/1520267441/show/1017143

( All of JeanCats Recipes are copyrighted, use for your enjoyment and personal use not to be mass distributed or profited by

Notice the last icon is for sleep! That's where I will be after this post!!

Re: Especially For Aimee #2

Thanks JeanCat! I love sausage of all kinds, so I'll have to give these a try. :)

Re: Especially For Aimee #2

Lemeeknow! :)
Love ya
JeanCat
Be sure to try a dime sized mixture to adjust seasonings.
Also try adding a bit of thyme if you want a Jimmy Dean like flavor.