Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exercise Accountability for Week of 3-23-08

The purpose of this thread is to post your plans for exercise for the week as well as to track what you do on a daily basis to earn those AP's.

Sunday - rest
Monday - 40 mins trainer
Tuesday - 40 mins trainer
Wednesday - 50 mins treadmill
Thursday - 40 mins trainer
Friday - 50 mins treadmill
Saturday - 40 mins trainer

Uki

Re: Exercise Accountability for Week of 3-23-08

Sunday-rest
Monday-running 30 minutes, weights 20 min
tuesday-? Bike ride, it's spring break for the kids
Wednesday-30 minutes running, pilates class
thursday-bike ride, maybe the gym if the kids are driving me crazy
Friday-30 min running, yoga class

So excited to get to the gym tomorrow, I have lots of energy to burn!

Okay, been gone for a while but I'm back. Had to get my life back in order after a few crazy weeks. did some excercise just didn't have time to post it. But I always do better when I make a plan for myself so I will give it another go.

Sun --30 min treadmill
Mon-- 45 min treadmill
Tues--30 min treadmill
Wens-- ww meeting
Thurs 20 min treadmill
Friday 1 hour of someting. (I dont work so I might try something else that day.
Sat. 30 min treadmill

I know you are supposed to vary your workout from day to day but it is still cold 30- 50's in Iowa with wind most days so I cant get outside to walk. I dont like the cold
So the treadmill will have to do for now.

20 minutes treadmill. Upped the tempo a bit. Felt good to work up a sweat again!!!

40 minutes on the trainer all done for today.

Uki

Today was the first time with my new heart rate monitor. First did a 7 minute warmup on the bike then Nautilus circuit. Then into the pool for 45 minute aerobics (the monitor is waterproof). Then back to the bike for 30 minutes. It was interesting to see how many calories I really burned. the weight lifting and warmup was 150 cal. The aerobics was 200 and the bike was 200. That got me 5 AP. (100 cal= 1 AP). For the same exercises last week based on the slider I gave myself 7. Maybe knowing exactly instead of guesstimating AP will help my slow weight loss.

Pat

Patty that's interesting about giving yourself too many AP. What type of monitor did you get and was it expensive?

Finished my running today, pushed my body which felt nice. Also finished my 20 min of weights and I"M TIRED!

40 minutes on the trainer all out of the way.

Uki

going to the park to walk the dog...

back to work tomorrow and I will work out...

I didn't make the park just took the dog for a ride.
No work tomorrow I just called in I'm not feeling well and I'm not going to push myself..

its about me... and taking care of self...

Lisa- the heart rate monitor I got was a Polar F6. It cost about $110 at Dick's. I had gift cards that covered most of the cost. Last summer my employer had a walking challenge with Dick's gift cards as prizes. So far I really like it. Today I walked 30 minutes on the tredmill and earned 2 pts for the 240 calories I burned and then went into the pool The class today is for seniors and a little slow paced compared to others that I do. I was surprised to see that I burned 150 calories for the 45 minutes. I expected it to be a lot less. When I added the 2 sessions together that got me a total of 4 AP. I figured it on the slider and got the same number. The tredmill I calculated as moderate intensity and the pool as low.
If you are interested there has been quite a bit of talk about the HRM on the WW message boards. Most of it is on the (I think it's called) Fitness gadgets board. There is somewhere on the web that you can order with a discount code and get it for around $90.

Pat

50 minutes on the treadmill all done.

Uki

Good day at the gym. Nautilus circiut and 30 minutes on treadmill. Had to work till 2 so stopped at the gym on the way home. Usually go in the AM so was pround of myself for stopping.

Pat

40 minutes on the trainer out of the way.

Uki

Thanks Patty, I appreciate the info. I have a birthday coming up in a couple of months so I know what to ask the DH for

Wed: Running circuit 25 min, weights 20 min

45 minute water class and then 30 min on the treadmill. I've been doing a program that is like climbing hills. I can really feel it. Maybe I'll get rid of some of my butt.

Pat

50 minutes on the treadmill today.

Uki

Big day today. Nautilus wt. circuit, 45 minutes of killer aerobics in the pool then 30 minutes on the bike. I burned 660 calories according to my heart rate monitor. That is 6 AP I need to add to today's total points. I have been trying to eat all my AP but save my weekly points in case I need them for miscalculation.

Pat

50 minutes on the treadmill for today.

Uki

friday:
25 min running 60 min yoga

The F6 is how I have been calculating my AP's for a long time. I did not think I could wear it in the water but I looked at my book after it was mentioned here so on Tuesday I will wear it to water aerobics to get the grim details. I do enjoy that activity if for nothing else than the abs work out which is much easier in the water. I suspect that it is not going to give me 200 calories used to get the 2 APs that WW say it is worth. This instructor is the most difficult one that they have at the gym for H20 so changing instructors would not be the answer. OH! She is on WW too.

I was pleasantly surprised that when I did water aerobics tonight I actually burned 260 calories in an hour in addition to the 300+ that I burned this morning before work at the gym.