Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BIG low point lunch YUMMO!

I am sitting here with a GIANT plate of food for lunch - just thought I'd pass along the "recipe".

I took 2 La Tortilla tortillas (1 pt ea.)
filled them with 1/4 cup each ff refried beans(1pt for 1/2 cup)
added a little salsa and enchilada sauce
rolled up
topped with 2 servings of ff shredded cheddar (2 pt) and topped with some jalapenos.
Baked in oven for about 20 min at 375 until hot and bubbly.
Put on plate with some salad topped with salsa.

Made a HUGE dish and its really satisfying my "mexican/spicy" urge for a total of 5 points!!!

Made an extra casserole dish for tomorrow's lunch.

OLE
Marilyn

Re: BIG low point lunch YUMMO!

That sounds really really good.. I often get the taco bell bean burrito's for 7 pts, but I bet yours are much better for only 5 pts....yumm!

I love La Tortilla tortillas, i made an "ate" layer tortillia recently using among other things, butternut squash.

Where do you get those tortillas? I haven't found a 1pt tortilla yet, mine are 3

I find them at Kroger's in Tennessee by the deli section of the store on a rack. I used to be able to find them at GNC in New Jersey.

Maybe you can go to their website (if they have one) and see where they are sold - they are called La Tortilla Factory tortillas and the ones I have are only 1 pt and they are really good. I also use the Flat Out bread lite which is only 1 pt (some are 2 pts) for wraps and some brands of corn tortillas are 2 for 1 pt (but are much smaller).

Happy hunting
Marilyn

Thank you for the help. We have Fred Meyer here which is owned by Kroger so I hope they have them there. I'm off to hunt!

That sounds so good you have my mouth watering!!!. I find that if I have refried beans I don't miss the meat. I'll be sure to try this one. We don't have a krogers or a fred myers around here so hopefully I can find those tortillas at Super WalMart.

This sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn,

Thanks for this awesome idea. I made it for the girls at work for lunch today and it was a hit! We added a little FF Sour Cream and more salsa to the top.

FANTASTIC idea!

Thank you.