Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WI today Fri 4/4

Laura

Re: WI today Fri 4/4

NW for me today. Just not going to face the ugly truth.

Laura

Laura, sometimes it's not as bad as we dream it up to be. It's good to face the truth and move forward from there.

I did that after being a former lifetimer and finally faced a 50 1bs gain. Now I go and after a gain ( I gained 2 this week) I am glad I did. that way I can nip in before it gets big like before.

Laura,

It will be okay. Skip this week if it makes you feel better. Take each day at a time. Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. You haven't committed any mortal sins. You didn't kill anyone ir hurt any animals. You are a good person and all you did was eat too much. Recommit and move on. We have ALL been there. You will bounce back! Now if you were torturing small animals, we might have a problem.

Hugs,
Uki

Laura
this is the umteenth time I've been at goal, 18 mo ago I walked backed into a WW center and vowed with my hand on the door knob, I would never miss a Weekly WI and so far I missed 2, due to being out of the state..
My suggestion to you is, no matter what go, you missed 1 week and its so easy to start that pattern and miss week #2.. and from there its totally off
program.. I know I've been where you are.

so moral of this story is... go no matter what, and sure your going to get different opinions from all of us, but go with the positive ones..

if you can the week isn't over yet until Sun thats WW start of the their new week. so if you can fit a WI today or tomorrow go and face that scale..

Good luck

Laura-
I agree with Tobe - don't just go to WI when you think you have had a "good" week scale-wise. The whole point to the program is that it is a lifestyle change and not a diet - there will be weeks when you don't lose or even have a gain-we ALL have those times.

But it is so, so, so easy to slip into the habit of having one missed week turn into two, and then three and before you know it you have given up. Learn from your week and move forward. I was also an all or nothing type of person and I learned that if I get into the meeting I am committing to be back on track. I hit several points in my weight loss effort where I didn't lose for weeks at a time but I kept at it. I am now a lifetime member (one week now) -lost 78 pounds in about 13 months and I am still planning on going to meetings good or bad. Just my humble opinion you need to do what's right for you. You can do it.

Marilyn

Thanks ladies for all the words of encouragement. I've been doing WW for years on and off. I've lost over 100 lbs. before so I know all the mind games that I play with myself. I will be back on track and in the groove for next weeks weigh in. I'm just the kind of person that gains a lot of weight in a week of not being OP and I can also lose 3-4 lbs. overnight. If I have a big gain I am not going to weigh in because it discourages me. If I have a small gain I can handle weigh ins. Anyway, I didn't go and I'm ok with that. I do though appreciate all your encouragement, thanks.

Laura