Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I hate my vaccuum cleaner

LOL I just had to tell someone. I HATE MY SWEEPER!

Back in November, my mom got me a new one. My old one was okay, but I thought I needed one with more bells and whistles. NOT! I got a new one and within the first month or so, it didn't pick up right and was so heavy. I took it back to Wal-Mart and got another one. This one, the belt broke within the first 3 weeks and just broke again today. Also, the attachments are a joke - they clog all the time. I called Wal-Mart, because it was 91 days (their policy is 90 days) since I got vaccuum #2. The manager was awesome and agreed to exchange it for another one. I am on my 3rd one now. I opted for a bagged one instead of a bagless - the other 2 were both bagless and I thought maybe that was the problem.

Just venting - thanks for listening. Sigh.

Uki

Re: I hate my vaccuum cleaner

I own and buy more vacumes and steam cleaners than anyone I know. I love my Hoover steamvac but in 10 years I bought 3..I use in a few times a week to wash my tiles and carpets every few weeks. I can believe the color of the water after I've used it. Reg vacumes I've not ever had one thats as great as it claims in the ad. I would love a high end one but I would never pay that much to find out how good they are.

I've got an Oreck which works well, but I'm of the opinion that I don't want to wear out the carpet so don't use it often LOL. I also think that a layer of dust on furniture preserves the wood and that dirty windows keep the sun out so that your fabrics don't fade. Can you tell that I hate to clean? I'd much rather be working on quilts. My mom is a neat freak. She lives alone in an apartment, is 81 years old and still fusses if she can'l get the vaccuming and floor washing done every week. Who does she think makes a mess, not her she is always at Bingo. Don't call the health dept. on me.

Pat

I used to have Hoovers and they never picked stuff up. I have a dog who sheds a lot so I need a good vacuum. I finally spent some money and got an Oreck. I absolutely love it. It was well worth the money I spent on it. I get 5 years of free cleaning and parts check on it, it picks everything up, and it is so lightweight. I believe you get what you pay for. I always went for $80-100 vacuums and they always went bad quickly so I invested several hundred dollars for the Oreck and wouldn't trade it for cheap again. Uki, I hope this new one works better for you.

Laura

I love my Hoover Steamvac too! That thing was worth it. I eyeballed the Dyson vacs, but that was as far as my checkbook would allow. LOL

My old vac was a hoover and it was fine. Replacement #1 was also a Hoover and it was terrible. Replacement #2 was a Eureka and it stunk. Replacement #3 is also a Eureka, only because there wasn't much to choose from, but it is a higher end model - about $140, so I am a little more hopeful. I am keeping my receipt and you can bet it'll go back if I am not a happy camper.

LOL about hating to clean, Patty. I am right there with you. Dust bunnies are pets to be cherished. no cruelty to animals in this house.

Thanks for listening, Ladies. You gals are the best!

hugs,
Uki

LOL @ Patty.....

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!!!

My vacuum is a dyson that I bought in the late fall. I am amazed at what it picks up everytime that I use it. It is unbelievable. I bought it from HSN when it was a TSV and used flex pay. The previous one was a sears brand and the one before that was a Kirby. That is a monster!!! Too heavy to carry upstairs.

I'm cheap too but wanted a good vacuum for my new carpet last month so I went to the Oreck store and got a refurbished one for $100!!! I love it too. I actually vacuum too often now because I love th look of my clean carpet.