Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Struggle turned Success

As usual I walked down the aisle at Target and the chocolate and candy was calling my name. I passed it by and went to my sister's house. She has a CANDY CUPBOARD and it's a huge weakness of mine. I was craving and trying to ignore it but I knew the sweets were there so I made a choice (I'm trying to loose this week and need to act to support that goal) and I reached for a SF pudding in her fridge.

STRUGGLE TURNED SUCCESS.

Re: Struggle turned Success

Way to go Lisa!! Each time something like that happens, it is a victory to be celebreated!

Uki

I have a sf pudding every single day. That is one way for me to get my chocolate in every day with out feeling guilty.

Way to go I know how hard it is to pass up that candy

I ended up the other day having to take my mom out to lunch at a restaurant that's been the site of many horrible binge episodes...I could see the binge fantasies coming back as I read the extensive deli type menu.....I did something I've hardly ever done before....I ordered a sandwich, kept it to just that, and figured out how to have one item I was craving and fit it into the context of my daily plan...I was scared, but I pulled it off, Maajida

Lisa,

I can so relate. My weakness is sweets--any kind of sweets. Monday night I got into jawbreakers and blew it. From there it led to fig newtons (6) and of course milk. I had to throw out the candy the next morning. I don't know what got into my head. Actually, I didn't want to slice up that watermelon.

Good for you.
If it was me.. i would have had the chocolate then the SF pudding....

Many sweets do that to me too. It is like once I get a taste for it, I go crazy. I have found things that don't trigger me and I have those. If there is something like birthday cake, which is my biggest trigger, I have a piece and then either send the rest home with a guest, or throw the rest away in the OUTSIDE trash can. It has to be out of the house. Another thing I do is serve everyone else first so that I only leave myself a tiny piece, that way there simply isn't anymore to eat. Period. LOL

It is so nice to know that I'm not the only one who is crazily tempted by the sweets. I don't know if that is something that will ever go away, it will always have to be a decision for me.

On a good note.........we all realize it!! And that's very important.

I know for me that I cannot deny myself anything - that only makes me want it more and then I end up doing something really bad.

It's all about moderation and re-training our mind to adjust to just one piece of candy, or slice of cake, pie, pizza or whatever our weakness is..as we say this is a journey, not a race, and together we CAN do this!

Success for the day... was offered a chocolate scotcharoo bar and turned it down!!!!! normally when people bring in treats we know ahead of time they will have them at break and I can pep talk myself but this offer just came out of the blue. So that was good

struggle. Went to get DD bday cake after work at SWM Got a few groceries and got verrrry hungry. So I got my pepper turkey sandwich meat and some grapes like I had planned and munched a little on the way home on those. Used up some points I hadnt planned on but it could have been much worse. i felt like I had to feel on the fuller side all the time today. I think I am more a bored eater than a stressed one. Working on a production line some of the jobs are pretty boring and I am not a stand still kind of girl.

now If I can hold out the rest of the night all will be good.

Laura I read your op, cleaning is a double bonus. It keeps you from eating by being busy and you earn ap's for it too. Hope all is going good!!!

See you all later
Chels

Sounds like you are all doing well facing your challenges. I know how it is to get into something sweet. That happened last weekend with baked beans and cake. Both were very sweet and I took small amts at first but then decided I needed a second helping. Well guess where my 2 # gain this week came from.

Pat

Chelsie,

I think you did very well. If you were hungry, you needed to eat, and you made a good choice foodwise.

I know I need to be fuller too. I often choose foods that have a lot of bulk for not very many calories. I also am a bored eater. I don't eat when I get emotional, but I do want to eat when I am just sitting around. Gotta stay busy!

Uki

thanks uki,

I just wished I could get passed the bored eating. I was drinking a lot of water at work just to feel fuller and it is good for you but then I was having to pee everyt 1/2 hour I was drinking so much. That really doesnt fly on a production like because someone else had to take my spot every time.

So I may go over a few points each day but I still feel in control. I dont feel like I wasted another week. Little by little, inch by inch, pretty soon there will be none there too pinch!!!!