Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-5-08

Good morning! Well, the kids are officially done for the summer. Yay!! They are so excited.

It is thundering here right now. I so want to take a real bike ride, so I am going to check the forecast to see if this is supposed to clear up later this morning. I sure hope so.

Wes sees the allergist for the first time today. He has had these recurring sinus infections, so we are going to see if this doctor can help him.

Other than that, we don't have much going on.

OP as usual. I will pack my lunch to take to eat on the way to the appointment. I did that yesterday when I took the car in to be serviced. I knew I would not be hungry before we left, but would be by the time I sat there for an hour. I packed a turkey and FF cheese sandwich and a cup of pineapple and a bottle of crystal light. That worked great.

OOOOOooooo! NSV yesterday! Around noon, I was waiting for Mitch to get home and was getting stuff ready for his lunch. I wasn't hungry, but that old feeling of wanting to MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH hit me like a ton of bricks. I actually went to the fridge and the pantry and rummaged around. I had the jar of peanut butter in my hand, and then............ I put it back!!!! I said outloud, "I am not hungry." Closed the door and swept the floor instead. I just had to buy myself a little time to get over the craving and that was the end of that. Woo Hoo!

What are your plans today and did anyone else have a NSV they can share?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-5-08

op for me. Off to work in a little bit. then to the beauty shop after.

Uki I cant believe your kids are just out of school. Mine got out on May 21!!!

I actually induldged a little yesterday. I bought a box of pb bliss bars at my meeting yesterday. THey are so sinfull I ate 3 yesterday. I counted them all and I am wanting one now but I will not have one today.

See you all tonight
Chels

Uki- "you did good". Shows how much you have learned that you can tell when you aren't hungry and choose to do something else.
Chelsie- try freezing the PB bliss bars. I only bought one box and they are so much better frozen. They seem awfully expensive.
I'm off to work this morning and then to the gym. Have to get weighed in today sometime. None of the meetings match up with the time I'm available so will go to the all day weigh in at the WW center and just face the scale.
Things aren't moving too good right now (both scale and parts of my body). I've increased my fiber and water as much as I can and still having problems. Oh well, this too shall pass . Sorry I couldn't resist
Have to go pack my lunch and get ready to leave.
Have a good day

Pat

Glad to be coming here to make this daily committment, especially during such stressful times. Today was supposed to be the first day of Summer vacation for me...we were supposed to leave for Hawaii this am., but my daughter is in the hospital with puzzling neurological symptoms and our trip is on hold until we get some answers about her condition. She has a very active one yr. old and these are pretty stressful times. I know getting off program would make my ability to cope even harder, so I am glad to be here this morning and to start out my day this way. Take care everyone, Maajida

Well, I'm OP this morning. Good to see everyone is already up and at it. I haven't done hardly anything in this vacation of mine, except for take a nap in the afternoon. It's supposed to be near 90 today with high humidity...I don't breathe well when it's that hot. I'm thinking about getting on some web sites and searching around for a bathing suit.

That's about all. I'm pretty boring today, hehe.

Prayers headed your way, Maaj...

Hugs,
Uki

Maaj,
I'll be praying they find out what's wrong with your daughter and for the stress it's putting on you. You hang in there, the trials we face in life only make us stronger.
Laura

I am at work and OP once again today. It's been a pretty crazy week for me and I think I may have "munched" a bit too much, but at least they were healthy munchies, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and eating pretty light today - I have the scale tomorrow.

Have a great day!

I am new here. I have just begun this monday and so far so good. I am looking foward to new me.

Welcome Jamal.

Maaja---I'll have my family say a prayer for your family

Welcome Jamal. Always nice to see a new face here. Keep posting and we'll support each other.
Maajida- So sorry to hear about your daughter. Will be sure to say a prayer for her. What is her name? It's nice to personalize the prayers.

Pat