Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-6-08

Happy Friday! We met with the allergist yesterday and they took blood to check for a bunch of things and will do a CT scan of his sinuses on Tuesday afternoon. After they get the results, we will decide how to proceed. I liked the doctor very much and trust his judgement.

Wes and Anna are off to the eye doctor today. Just time for their yearly checkups.

I talked to my sister in law last night and what the hospital had said about my father in law (see post about vacation). She will not interfere with his wife's decisions. So, it looks like no matter what, he will be coming home. This is such a catch-22. Mom cannot care for him at home. His mental status is so altered and he is so weak. THey have steps in the house, and he will wind up falling down them. Sigh. I think he will come home with a visiting nurse, but even in teh hospital, he had to be watched constantly. We will take it a day and a time. That is all we can do.

Op no matter what. It actually gives me comfort and structure to stay OP in the midst of all this.

What are your plans today?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-6-08

well hopefully today will be better than yesterday. TO say the least I over induldged after a really really bad day at work. (didnt have time to post last night will post about it tonight) I couldnt even calm myself down till I went to sleep. But today is a new day and I always hope for the best.

Uki so sorry to hear about your family I'll be praying and thinking about you and your family.

Op for me lets all have a great start to the weekend.

Chels

OP today. Today should be my last day of work until the fall. I'm ready to be back doing my own thing. I know I shouldn't complain since I don't work full time but retirement is so nice that I hate to interupt it for these jobs. Oh well, it gives me some play money.
Uki I so identify with your problems with FIL. My FIL had his first 2 strokes 23 years ago and continues to have small strokes. He should have been in a nursing home years ago but Mom refuses to even think about it. She is 81 and he is 84. She has to totally do everything for him. He falls often and she has to call neighbors to help get him up. Why he hasn't broken something I don't know. We live 8 hrs away and DH is an only child. I hope everything works out OK for your family. Maybe you can take vacation later in the summer.

Pat

I'm OP today as well. I have a dr. appt. later on...nothing major...just having a mole removed, LOL.

My son was awake this morning at 6am--I'm like no way little man--not getting up that early while I'm on vacation. So, back to bed I put his little self.

Tomorrow I declared it Mommy's Day Out and I'm getting the whole day to myself. Going to possibly treat myself to a manicure/pedicure and go see new Sex and the City Movie. Can't wait! So, I may not be on here tomorrow, but I'll be OP all the same.

I have made my mile walk on my neighborhood street
this morning, but the sun was already so hot in the
unshady places that I didn't do the extra half mile.
That longer walk will have to wait until the evening
when the sun has gone down. That seems to get later
and later every day. To make this walk twice a day
is my goal. Sometimes I make it.

My best thoughts go to those of you who are in the
midst of caring for aging and ill parents.

I am tryng to maintain, and find that a constant
challenge, so my days are spent "fighting" tempta-
tion to grab something to eat when I'm really not
hungry. That keeps me busy!

TGIF

I am OP today and for the rest of the weekend, I don't check-in on the weekends - I sit at the computer all week long, it's really the last thing I want to do when I'm at home.

Have a GREAT weekend

Ok Since I am new I think I figured out that OP means On Program. So yes I was OP today and I hopefully will be for the weekend. I plan on being very busy working outside and around the pool.
Can't wait to weigh in on Sunday.

Jamal- yes, you figured it out right. OP=on program/plan. Keep up the good work. Good luck on your weigh in

Pat

Welcome to Jamal! It is great to have some new folks posting. I am a Sunday WI too, so welcome to the Sunday club!

Uki