Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exercise Accountability Post for the Week of 6-8-08

The purpose of this thread is to post your exercise plans for the week and to record the activity you do each day to earn those Ap's.

Sunday - rest
Monday 12 mile bike ride
Tuesday - 10 mile bike ride
Wednesday - 50 mins treadmill
Thursday - 10 mile bike ride
Friday - 50 mins treadmill
Saturday - 10 mile bike ride

Uki

Re: Exercise Accountability Post for the Week of 6-8-08

Uki, you are quite the ambitious one! It puts my
meager exercise plans to shame! I just hope to do the
neighborhood walk twice a day and some work with
weights every other day. The twice a day walking has
fallen to once a day since we wait on the sun to go
down now. So, I seldom earn more than 2 points a day
for my activity. My neighborhood walk is quite hilly,
so that helps.

Good luck to you with your plans!

Nellie

I got a short walk in, maybe 20 min. or so before the sun went down. It got up to 95 here in my neck of the woods today so I had to wait until about 9:15 before I could venture out.

Not much, but at least it was something.

12 mile bike ride out of the way. I went early before it got too hot. I left around 7:30a and it was already about 74 degrees with high humidity. Blech!

Uki

Didn't post last night. Short 1 mile walk after dinner when in was a little cooler. This AM 2 1/2 miles. The next 3 days will go to gym then we'll be gone for the weekend. Will try to walk before I set up my craft show space.

Pat

The weather wasn't too cooperative today, so me and DH went for a 7.5 mile bike ride instead of a 10 miler.

Uki

I burned 650 calories yesterday doing cardio 3 different circuits and then weights and lunges and squats. I was so tired by the time I got home. I went swimming with the kids right after and it wiped me out!

Today I'm thinking about mowing the lawn. We have a push mower and a pretty good size yard so I usually burn about 400 calories doing it. But do I want to get stinky today?

Everyone is doing great with the exercise.
Went to the gym for my usual workout today. Think I'll walk at home tomorrow and see if it makes a difference in my Thurs. weigh in. I'm thinking that maybe working out too hard the day before WI isn't a good thing. We'll see.

Pat

I walked 4 miles yesterday and 5 miles today. I plan to walk 4 miles Wednesday-Friday.

A few of you stated how many calories you are burning during your exercise. How do you figure the calories burned?

Cheryle

Cheryle,

Many of us have bought heart rate monitors that calculate the number of calories burned. I LOVE mine!! I have the Polar F4 and several ladies have the Polar F6.

HTH,
Uki

Scott and I took a nice 12 mile bike ride this morning before it got too hot. He is mowing now too.

Uki

2 1/4 mile walk today. After shopping my pedometer shows 4 miles. Lots of walking in the grocery store.

Pat

I think I mentioned this in a post at another place.
I was happy to get a mile and a half in earlier today.
Now I am hoping to be able to make it two later this
evening.

Pat, once again, have a good trip!

Nellie

Uki, thank you for the information about the heart monitor. Where do you buy them?

Cheryle

Cheryle, I'll answer since I have a HRM also and love it. From the WW message board several people recommend this-
go to heartratemonitorsusa.com and use the coupon code galaxy for 20% off, free shipping, and most people don't pay sales tax.
I bought mine at Dick's sporting goods since I had gift cards. If you don't exercise at a gym you can probably get by with the F4. The F6 has something in it so you don't pick up other people's monitors which can be a problem if you exercise in a group or next to someone on machines. They are waterproof and I use mine in the pool all the time.
They aren't cheap. mine was $110 at Dick's. But I think it is worth it. I was very far off calculating my AP before using the HRM.

Pat

I second the internet store Patty mentioned. I have heard good things about it. I didn't get mine there either. I got mine off ebay for $60. It was gently used, but that was fine with me. I love mine!

Pat & Uki, thank you for the HRM information.

Cheryle

No treadmill today - went for a nice walk instead.

Uki

19.2 mile bike ride today with DH.