Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Recipe

Was watching Mr. Food on the news yesterday and he made this. DH said that I should save the recipe so we are having it tonight. Should be pretty points friendly (altho I didn't figure out points since I'm doing Core.)

Deviled Beef Rolls
Air Date: 6/9/2008
4 servings

2 tablespoons dried onion soup mix
4 teaspoons water
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 cubed steaks (about 6 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat the broiler.

In a small bowl, combine the onion soup mix and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Stir the mustard into the onion mixture. Season the steaks with the pepper and spread the mustard-onion mixture over one side of each steak. Arrange the sliced mushrooms over the top and roll up each steak jelly roll-style; secure each roll with a toothpick.

Place the beef rolls on a broiler pan and brush with 1 tablespoon butter.

Broil the rolls 4 to 5 inches from the heat source for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the rolls over, brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and broil for another 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks, slice, and serve.

Re: New Recipe

Let us know how this turned out. It sounds very tasty. :-) It wouldn't be too difficult to figure out
the points value. The majority of points would be in
the meat and the butter for each roll. You might even
be able to use half as much butter. I may try this soon.

Nellie

New Recipe

Pat, this recipe sounds very good. Thanks for sharing it. I definitely will be trying it.

Cheryle

It was great. Instead of the butter I used canola oil and got my healthy oils in for the day. DH really liked it. Went together fast. Looked good enough that it would make a good "company" meal. I'll be making it again.

Pat

Pat-That recipe does sound really good. I love the idea of getting the oils in! I have a garlic oil that I may try! Thanks again

Susie

That's a great idea, substituting healthy oils for the
butter! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.

Nellie

Thanks for sharing a Core meal!! I can always use more of those.

New Recipe

Pat, I made your recipe tonight for dinner and it was very good. I did not use the mushrooms since I do not like them, but it was still good. I used canola oil instead of butter, also. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheryle