Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-12-08

I am up and at 'em this this morning, so good morning everyone!

We had a good day yesterday. My mom had bought the kids a trampoline for Christmas, but it needed to be assembled. We had told them we would do it when the weather got warmer and the yard dried out. Well, yesterday was the day! It took us 3 hours, but the kids helped and by 12:15p, it was up and they were bouncing. LOL I didn't get to exercise yesterday because of that, but it was worth it.

In the afternoon, Wes' friend came over. His dog was being put to sleep and he just couldn't be at home. I am glad he felt comfortable enough to come to our house.

We ordered dinner in last night, but I did fine. I ate exactly what I had planned too. It used some of my extra 35 points, but that is why we have them. I was pleased with my choices.

Today, Scott and I will take a nice bike ride, and then I have to get to the store and the kids have friends coming over for the afternoon and evening. Busy! Busy!

What are your plans?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-12-08

Good morning. OP today. think I'll walk with DH and neighbor this AM. Can only walk for about 1/2 hr then off to WW. The rest of the day will be packing the camper and finishing up laundry. Sometimes I think getting ready to go away is more work than it's worth. Have a good day

Pat

Well, I'm also up and already at work. Had a busy morning. Took my youngest to his new daycare this morning. He seemed happy enough when I left, but I still worry about him. I'll give myself until after lunch, then call and see how he is doing.

I stayed OP yesterday and plan to today as well. Have great day!!

Finally, yesterday I stayed OP. This is a victory for me since it's been real rough the past 3 weeks or so. I plan on it today also. Getting ready to do my 2 mile boosted walk with Leslie. Going to pick my granddaughter up for the day, just to hang out with her. It's supposed to be 90 today here in Michigan(you'd think it was August), maybe I'll take a dip in the pool.
Have a great day everyone.

Laura
p.s. one month from today my son gets married

As I have reread some of my earlier posts, I realize
that I have done some whining about the heat, arthri-
tic knees, and a simple power outage. When I listen
to the news about mudslides, flooding, and tornadoes
my little complaints seem rather silly. I have deter-
mined that, today and all days, I will try to become
more aware of the many blessings in my life, and fill
my thoughts with concern for those undergoing much
more traumatic events.

That said, I am thankful I have been out on a morning
walk already. Now I need to go back to a task I be-
gan earlier - the next step in baking bread. Can you
believe I am not even tempted to eat it?!? That, and
a little laundry, will keep me busy today.

It's a beautiful day here. A little rain is expected
sometime in the next day or so. It will be good to
have a bit. The garden really needs it.

Nellie

Daily Commitment Thread - 6-12-08

I have been out for my 4 mile walk this morning and am just cooling off and hanging around the computer before getting in the shower. I will try my best to stay OP today. It will not be a problem for breakfast & lunch. However, tonight my youngest DS will be having an end of season baseball party at a pizza buffet place. I plan on loading up on alot of salad with just a little pizza. I will really have to talk to myself to make that happen.

Cheryle

Laura, congratulations on an OP day. Keep it up, every day it seems to be a little easier.
Nellie, what a good idea to be more positive and thankful. You're right we all tend to look at the negative. A good goal for all of us
Cheryle, you can survive the pizza party. Good plan to allow yourself a small amt of pizza so you don't feel deprived and then lots of salad.
Carrie, hope all is well with your little one. It must be hard to leave him. I was fortunate to stay home till mine was in school so never had to face the daycare issue.
Pat

I have had a pretty hectic/crazy week, way too much to get into here, but I don't want to dwell on it, so I'm just keeping my eye on the weekend to recoup.

I am at work and OP, I have the scale tomorrow and I am actually kind of looking forward to it...I guess thats the positive of hectic...not as much time to munch! But really, I put on a pair of slacks this morning and noticed a difference when buttoning up, so even if I don't have a loss this week that will be motivation enough to keep me OP each and every day.

Have a great day!

Congradulations everyone on the great strides you have all made. Every one has sounded so positive lately. The results show it. A Day at a time that is all any of us can do. If we look to far ahead we can sometimes get discouraged. There are somedays I just try to make it to the next meal

Have a great night
Chels