Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What women do to ourselves

Sometimes we have a tendency (as women)to look at all of the women around us, pick out their good qualities that we wish we had and then create an ideal that we believe we should be.

Remember.....someone is always out there looking at you and your qualities and wishing they were more like you! You just may not know it. Love yourself for who you are! Others do!

Re: What women do to ourselves

What wonderful words! Thank you. I think we all need to hear this. It is so easy to always look at yourself and feel dissatisfied with so many parts of you. I remember reading once about a woman you would look at her body critically - too fat here, to jiggly there, etc. Then she looked at it differently. She saw her rounded stomach and remembered the children she carried. Her hips were wider because she brought 2 children into the world. She had lines around her mouth from laughing with friends and family. All these things were precious memories and a testimony to a life well lived and the amazing things only her body could do. I try to remember that when I get critical of myself. I have had 3 kids and I am 40 years old. I will never look like a model in the JC Penney catalog, but I am strong and healthy in my own way. I appreciate the body God gave me and I will care for it the best I can and recognize that it is unique and will only look the way it is supposed to. Each person is different and bodies come in many shapes and sizes.

Thanks for those words guys that is really something I needed to hear this morning.

Why do we do that to ourselves? I am just as guilty,
although I am also well aware of your comments, Uki.
I had to have a friend tell me one of my strengths at
a WW meeting a few weeks ago. I just could not come
up with anything at all. We just don't see ourselves
as others see us - sometimes. Perhaps that is a good
thing in some situations and not so good in others.

Nellie

Wow! I needed this hear this as well. I've been dreading this appt.(mammogram for the lump I found) tomorrow and naturally thinking the worse is wrong with me. Along with my tummy that never seems to shrink, the next think about myself I hate the most is my "chest." Keep wishing those would shrink too. I really need to concentrate on being healthy and well and accepting myself they way that I am.

I can't see any of you but you're all beautiful!!! Never met such a great group of women that encourage without ever making others feel bad about themselves!