Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread - 6-17-08

Good morning ladies!

Well, we had a nice day yesterday. We got up early and rode a good 12 mile bike ride. Then we headed out and ran errands. Went to BK for lunch and I did great. I had a plain Whopper Junior and a small onion rings. I didn't steal any fries or extra onion rings from the kids. They have this peel and win game on the fry boxes for the larger sizes and Wes won a whopper junior and a double stacker sandwich and Scott won a milkshake! LOL

Then we headed over to his folks' house and took them the walker and a pack of Depends. Dad was so excited about the walker!! His face lit up and he went right over and started using it. We got some stuff done around the house too.

We just hung out and relaxed in the evening.

Today we will take a bike ride and Wes and Anna are spending the night at a friend's house. I run them over there at 2p, so there will only be 3 of us tonight. Quiet...

What are your plans?

Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread - 6-17-08

up and off to work. Normal 8 hour shifts this week though so It isnt so bad. After I get home I just have a little bit of house work and then we will probley practice softball with the kids again. We did that last night and couldnt beleive how far they have come with just 3 weeks of practice. It was fun for all.

Well off to work I'll post more later

chels

Good morning. I was up and at-em early this morning and went for a walk with DH and neighbor. Off to quilt club this morning which will be most of the day. Plan to be OP without fail. Yesterday was good foodwise. It's really funny that I have a hard time using my AP on core. I don't want to eat junk. Did have some ice cream with strawberries and then my favorite evening snack is a Tootsie Roll Pop which is only 1 point. There is just so much food that I like on the core list that I have a hard time choosing extras. Such a problem.
We had a huge hail storm yesterday. I missed it since I was in the grocery store but DH said there was about 1 inch on large hail on the ground. Really tore up our trees, leaves all over the place. Neighbor said it destroyed his garden. Hope it didn't hurt our farmers too much. We are in the largest apple growing area in NY. Saw some peach tree damage. It's amazing what weather can do. Guess we shouldn't complain when we look at the pictures of Iowa.
Have a good day everyone

Pat

Well, I began my day with a Core breakfast. I am just
a little bit uneasy about my decision to try for Core
this week since I have followed Flex all these months.

Then, I was out for that first walk of the day. Hope
I will make the second one later this evening.

We are all at the mercy of the weather, and we will
all feel the effects of the flooding in Iowa. Just
this morning the news reports mentioned the fertilizer
and other chemicals that were making the flood waters
toxic. This is one of the major reasons we garden or-
ganically, something for more growers to consider.

Well, that is all I will say from that "soapbox." :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nellie

Good morning. I'm at work and just have a couple minutes. I'm really hungry this morning. I can tell it's going to be a struggle this morning. My son and I have dentist appts. later this eve. and other than that I'll just be working today. Tomorrow is the mammogram and ultrasound. I won't get any results tomorrow b/c radiologist will have to read the scans...wish this was over and had some answers. Patience; I need some of that!

At work and OP...that sounds sooo boring! Oh well, it is what it is.

Carrie - Prayers going with you tomorrow, and don't get too discouraged, alot of the ultrasound techs can tell whether it's something to be worried about or not, I know they are not supposed to tell, but both times I had to go, the tech was able to put my mind at ease. Good Luck

Nellie, you can do Core. I had the same worries when I started and it's been almost 6 weeks and I love it and so does my body. If you haven't already found it, check out the Core board on Weighwatchers.com in the community forums. I found out more about the program there than I did from any of WW materials or meetings. Feel free to ask any questions. I've pretty well figured it out.

Pat