Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To bulldog mom

My story: I will be approaching my year mark on July 26th. I lost 10 lbs before I came to WW and I had 25 more to go when I signed up. I have moved so slow!!! I was loosing .2 and .4 for months until I switched to core these past 4 weeks. Finally it jump started me and I have been loosing. I work out at the gym really hard so I am wearing clothes I could only wear when I was 15 lbs lighter before. That is amazing to me. I have a dress I just tried on from when I first got married 10 years ago and weighed 138. It's barely tight around my belly and I weigh 157. In 5 lbs I'll be able to wear it to church (one of my goals).

That's the sum of it. I haven't had a lot to loose compared to some but I have had to hang in there because it isn't coming off fast this time!

Re: To bulldog mom

Cheryle, I've lost 64.5 (as of last week). Started almost 15 months ago. When I think that that isn't enough I have to remind myself that it is an average of about 1 pound/ wk. I'm almost 60 so I think it comes off slower.

Pat

Well, this is my story "in a nutshell." After earning
Lifetime membership in 1994 with a goal weight of 135,
it proved to be difficult to maintain, and I began to
edge upward again. I kept putting off returning to WW
because I was not proud of having to pay again. :( I
finally realized I needed to do something again and
returned last May 14. The leader suggested I reset my
goal at the upper range, and I followed her sugges-
tion. By January 7, I had reached that goal weight of
150, but I wanted to continue to see if I could lose
50 pounds. That happened, and I even added two more
to that loss. Those are the same two pounds that keep
coming and going. :) Anyway, I am now at around 144.
This has been a total surprise to me because I am not
far from 70 and knew I would lose more slowly. Mira-
cles do happen! :) I am so glad I have found this site
for this kind of exchange. I tend to write a book each
time I get started. I must have needed this sounding
board for a long time. Thank you, everyone!

Nellie

To bulldog mom

Lisa, Pat & Nellie. Thank you for your stories. They are an inspiration to me. [:)

Cheryle

My WW Story:
I ordered "WW at Home" and began in Oct 2006, and had 35 lbs to loose, I reached my goal in Feb 2007 - It was pretty easy for me, I had consitent losses, no problem sticking to my points, etc. I was NEVER going back!
WELL....I decided to quit smoking in April 2007 and ended up gaining 7 lbs, although without WW I know my gain would have been MUCH more! I am very proud to say that I have not had a cigarette in over 14 months, I smoked for more years than I would like to acknowledge!
Not that I was okay with the gain, but felt I really need to concentrate on the no smoking and I now feel in control of that and have moved my focus back to dropping those 7 lbs.
It is NOT as easy for me this time, it has been a real struggle, small losses, gains, but I am determined to stick with it...I mean if I did it before AND I quit smoking I surely have it in me to drop 7 lbs...right?
Well as of my weigh-in last week (Friday) I am 3 lbs from goal, I don't expect to make it this week (my TOM), but I will keep my fingers crossed for a loss and continue to be OP everyday!
Together we CAN do this!

Kim, what a wonderful decision you made to stop
smoking! That is truly a step in the right direction
for good health.

I know it is hard to take when the pounds don't come
off as quickly as we want them to vanish, but they
will come off. Staying focused and OP are key to our
success. Just think of the major steps you have taken
for your health!

Nellie

To bulldog mom

Kim, congratulations on your success with the smoking. That is a wonderful success and just as important if not more than getting the weight off. You are truly to be commended. I have no doubt that you can get those lbs. off. One step at a time.

Cheryle

Kim that is totally awesome and I can't imagine the hill you've had to climb. Great job!