Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Committment thread 6-25-08

Good morning all and happy Wednesday!

We had a great day yesterday. Scott had to go to the dentist (maybe not such a great day for him - LOL), and I took a longer bike ride by myself. It was a nice ride and I was able to work harder on my own. He got the grass mowed yesterday afternoon while I did chores. Then we watched a movie together.

I was OP for all my meals too. Even had lean steak for dinner...

I got a call from an old friend last night. She is coming for a visit next weekend. I haven't seen her in over 13 years! The last time was at my baby shower for Wes and he turned 13 last month! She and I were best friends all through primary and junior high and roomates in college! I can't wait. She is coming with her twins that are 4 years old, so my kids are all excited too.

Today I run errnads in town with Wes this morning and get groceries on the other side of town this afternoon.

How about you?

Re: Daily Committment thread 6-25-08

Good morning everyone. I dont have to go into work till ten this morning so I will go to ball practice with the kids. ten I get to go get a new drivers lisence yeah!! Will work well into tonight to get my like ready for the new inventory sysem we are implementing.

see you alll later
chels

Hi everyone. I'm OP today. I'll be at home all day since my car is at the body shop getting the door replaced after it was backed into. I was pleasantly surprised when we got the check from Allstate insurance to cover the repairs. The accident was 2 weeks ago today. I figured we'd have to fight for the money.
I didn't walk today since my knee is still bothering me. I bought an elastic wrap for it last night. Hope it helps. Last night we went for an hour drive with some of our old car friends. It is fun. We had cars from a 1913 Model T up through cars from the 70's. We have a a1966 Ford Ranchero. We live in the country so we drive the back roads all over the area. There were lots of people outside and they all waved when we went by. Then we stopped for ice cream. Had sugar/fat free ice cream.
Today will be spent in the sewing room. I'm working on a quilt for a friend who is a new grandma. Her son just adopted a newborn girl.
Have a good day everyone.

Pat

I walked 4 miles this morning. Now I'm off for the day to go to Memphis with a friend to go shopping. New bras and undies for me!

Cheryle

Good morning!

Company coming today, so it will be fun - busy, but
fun.

Cheryle, it sounds like you will have fun shopping.
Is that Memphis the one in West Tennessee along the
Mississippi River? If so, is there any talk of
flooding there as the river flows further south?

Uki, it is always good to see old friends. Keeping in
touch is tricky sometimes. You will have a good time
with the visit. I, too, know what it is like to have
twins - first-hand experience! :)

May be awhile before I have time to be back online.

Nellie

I meant to add a note for Pat. It is important to
take care of ourselves. Some rest on that knee will
be helpful.

I have never tried quilting, although, in the past, I
have done quite a bit of sewing. There is a quilting
group around town that is quite active, and I have
given it just a bit of thought.

Great that the car is being repaired!

Nellie

Nellie, that's the same Memphis. I'm sorry, I didn't think to specify Memphis, TN. I really don't know the answer to your question, though. I live about 1 1/2 hours east of Memphis so really don't keep up with Memphis news. [:-|

Cheryle

I'm OP today. I had a great time with the grandchildren yesterday. Today it looks like a stormy day here in Michigan. Don't think I'll do much but I will get my exercise in. maybe before it rains I'll get out in the pool. 2 1/2 weeks till my son gets married last minute preparations taking place. Hope everyone has a great day.
Laura

Good morning everyone. I've been up early. Had to take my son early to his summer camp. They are heading up near Purdue University this morning to visit a new state park that opened here in Indiana.

Had to get bloodwork done before work.

Other than that, I'll just be around working. Have a great day everyone.

Hi and good morning, everyone. I am so glad to be back here on a more regular basis to come and post of my committment here on a daily basis. I am off for the summer, but things are hectic...daughter moving into new house, helping with my grandson, managing the affairs of my mom who lives in an assisted living arrangement....I am having to work hard to carve out a little 'me time'...I find being able to do that is really crucial to my OP efforts. Take care, maajida

Maajida, be sure to take your "me time". If you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of everyone else. Mom's seem to "run on empty" and try to keep going.
Carrie, I forget if you've said where are you in Indiana? My mom lives in Richmond and we are going there next week. Have fun at the state park
Laura, how exciting waiting for a wedding. Enjoy it
Cheryle, enjoy your shopping. Watch out when you get home with your new undies. LOL
Nellie, thanks for your encouragement about my knee. The brace seems to be helping. I would encourage you to visit your local quilt group. It took me awhile to join but I love my group. We have people of every skill level and we all encourage each other. We do lots of charity quilts and walker/wheelchair bags and lap quilts for the local nursing home.

Pat

Patty,

I'm in Avon. It's about 25 min. west of Indianapolis.