Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Measuring & Weighing

I just wanted to remind eveyone how it important it is to measure/weigh our portions.

I've been very lax about it - figured I'd been doing this for long enough that I could just "eyeball" my portions.

Over the weekend while at Target I spotted some really cute/colorful measuring cups and bought them. I decided to use them last night while dishing up rice, well I can tell you that 1 cup of rice measured is a LOT more than I have been eyeballing!

This leads me to believe that I have not been losing the way I felt I should, after all I was sticking to Plan, but in reality I wasn't because I have not been using all my points.

So, the new measuring cups have a new spot out on my counter, right next to the scale that I had to clean the dust off of!

Measuring & Weighing

Kim, I agree 100%! That works the other way also. There have been many times that I grossly underestimated the weight or measurement of something and counted it as too little points. Now I just am in the habit of weighing and measuring no matter what.

Cheryle

Re: Measuring & Weighing

Yes, that was my point, I have been shorting myself food, the rice as an example... when I measured it and put it on my plate, it was so much, I re-measured it to be sure.

So for months, I have not been using enough points, and that is just as bad as using too many points.

I will be measuring from now on!

Good point Kim. That's one of the many things I like about the Core program. No measuring required unless it is a non-core food that I have to count points for. Ice cream is one that I really need to weigh. I find that it is easier to weigh than to measure it. It is so easy to put in "just a little more" and not count it.

Pat

This is exactly why I invested in the WW food scale at my meeting Thursday. I think it will keep me more accountable...and hopefully help me take more weight off!