Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Homemade Pizza

Maybe everyone has a version of pizza... here is my latest one.

2 pt pita (mine are 4" whole wheat - don't actually know the points as it is from a bakerybut this is the estimate)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 c part skim mozzarella shredded cheese
frozen spinach
canned mushrooms
minced garlic
sun dried tomato
oregano
basil
red pepper flakes

1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Split pita in half so you have 2 equal sized disks
3) Bake pita halves (inside up) on cooking sprayed cookie sheet for 3 minutes or until slightly crispy
4) While the halves are in the oven fry up about 1 tsp minced garlic (I get mine canned) in cooking spray until fragrant. Add mushrooms and frozen spinach (I thaw mine for a minute in the microwave beforehand) until cooked through.
5) Take pitas out of oven and spread 1 tbsp of tomato paste on each half
6) Put 1/8 cup of cheese on each half
7) Add oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (or spices of your choosing)
8) Add spinach mixture to each half
9) Top with cut sun dried tomatoes
10) Place both halves in the oven and bake for another 7 minutes or so until cheese is melted

I tabulate this to be 5 points. I recently experimented with the spinach and it is a nice addition for bulk and flavor. This keeps me full for a while.

This is inspired by an adorable video by http://greenlitebites.com/.

Re: Homemade Pizza

Sounds good. I was using 1 pt. english muffins for crust. Lately I've decided that I don't need the crust. I cooked a Boca burger and then put pepper, onion and mushrooms over it. Got all the flavors.
I make pizza (regular kind) for DH every Sat. night so when I fry the veggies for his I make extra for mine. Think next time I'll put a little pizza sauce on the burger and the sprinkle with FF mozzarella.

Pat

Re: Homemade Pizza

I have used flat out bread for the base as well as a
ff tortilla that I was lucky enough to find. Now that
I need to replenish my supply, I cannot find either
one where I originally purchased them! :( They both
had a point value of one. Pizza is one of my very
favorites. :)