Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread 6-26-08

Good morning all!! There have been some great threads going recently. Thank you to all who have shared and posted.

I have enjoyed the new recipes and food finds very much. I think we all get in a rut from time to time and fresh ideas keep things interesting.

It is good to hear how folks are doing with their losses and to share tips on what gets the scale moving again. I think it is VERY important to remember that tips that work for some people are not the same tips that work for others. Everyone's bodies and minds are different, so if you try a tip from someone and it doesn't work for you, don't give up!! Try something else. There are no hard and fast rules. Weightloss boils down simply - fewer calories in and more calories out.

I think the reminder of weighing and measuring is a great one! I think it is easy to become complacent to eyeball serving sizes and be off. I have been delighted to find that there have actually been times that I have underestimated my sizes and cheated myself out of food. Those trusty measuring cups and spoons can be our friends. :)

Goal weights... I have such mixed views on this one because I see so many sides. Once again, I stress how VERY different everyone's bodies are. There are people whose ideal weight may be slightly above what WW deems the top of their range. You see those people struggle and struggle to lose that last 5 pounds and I TRULY believe that their bodies are not destined to go any lower. Who wants to live their entire lives food obsessed in order to drop that last 5 pounds????? On the flip side, there are many of us that are well below goal. For me, I never intended to go this far below goal - I am currently 14.5 pounds under my WW goal. BUT... it has happened and I haven't actively tried to drop that weight. So I believe that this is my body's way of resetting its' set point. I know there are others here that are well below goal as well. For me, I am comfortable. I can maintain this and I have flexibility in going a little up as well. So, I think it all comes down to where you are comfortable, healthy, and what is reasonable for you to maintain. Everyone is different. Find what works for you with all of this and just do that. There are no experts here - we all are on the journey and some walk, some crawl, some run, some bike, some roller skate, some skip, some gallop... but we all get there in our own way; the way that works for us.

Hugs,
Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread 6-26-08

Wow, "Uki the wise" has given us all lots of good stuff to think about. I couldn't agree more with all that you said.
I'm OP today. Will be going to WW this morning. My scale says I'm down but who knows what their's will say. Had a rough night with digestive issues and ended up sleeping in my recliner last night. I've been on meds for gastric reflux for over 10 years and was never able to go more than 2 days without the meds. After the weight loss I decided to try going off the meds. I stopped on June 1 and was doing fine until 2 nights ago. Had to go back on meds yesterday. I hate it when I have the reflux. I've been in the hospital 3 times thinking I was having a heart attack, that's how bad the pain is. My knee is still bothering me, I feel like I'm falling apart. Oh well, even with all those problems I plan on having a great day.

Pat

Great post Uki.

I am at work and OP with all my measured & weighed foods!

Went grocery shopping last night and bought cherries, they are so sweet & juicy, also picked up strawberries, nectarines and watermelon. I LOVE summer and the fruit it brings!

Have a great day!

Daily Commitment Thread 6-26-08

Thank you for the words of wisdom, Uki. They are all very valid points. I am OP today also. Started the morning with my 4 mile walk and will remain OP.

Cheryle

Uki, you make some very good points. Thanks for those
words.

Company still around, so it will be busy. Dinner and
a concert tonight will be fun.

Pat, I hope you will begin to feel better soon. We
are fortunate that there is medicine to relieve some
very unpleasant symptoms. Just take care of yourself!

Have a great day, everyone!

Nellie

I second that Uki. I got up early to go to a garage sale and boy did I "hit the mother load". Lots of little girls clothes for my granddaughter. They had so many nice things. I had a blast, wished I would have taken more money. I'm OP today and watching the salt intake, I was up a lb. today but I think it's from all the pickles I ate yesterday. Have a great day everyone.
Laura

Hope all is well with everyone. I've been in training all day. I stayed OP yesterday and even made time to walk in the neighborhood for about 45 min. Been OP so far today, but with all the stress at my job I am feeling the need to eat b/c I'm stressed. I haven't yet, but the urge is there. I keep talking to myself so hopefully I can refrain until I get home. I think I can...

Hello everyone..sorry I am not checking until the afternoon...a long hectic day, but an OP one, after so many times of struggle. Carrie, I really identified with what you said about stuggling today...and just wanting to make it all through the day OP. Patty thanks for all the support and encouragement. Uki, that was a wonderful post...great words on the issue of setting realistic goal wts....I am sure that what you said also applies to weekly weigh-ins...it works for some and not for others. I am currently having mixed feelings about that...most of the time I have been able to be more centered and focused with a weekly weigh-in to report, but lately, it has seemed to work better to concentrate on how much better I feel emotionally and physically when remaining OP and not concentrate so hard on the actual scale numbers. I am sure I will probably go back and forth with my thinking on this. Some of the stress here is easing a bit re family situations and a daughter recovering from a stroke (scarey, because she's only 29 and in excellent shape...no reason was found for this happening) and it is typically during times of stress easing that I have the most trouble staying OP. But I am hanging in there this time, trying not to repeat old habit patterns. Take care everyone...hope it's a good day. I amde it to the gym very early this am. and then did errands with my daughter who is moving into a new house this weekend and then took my 88 year old mom to lunch. I actually have free quiet time until tomorrow afternoon. I knnow my OP efforts go better when I get some quiet time. Hugs, Maajida

hey everyone. What a terrible week I have had. Se post on weigh in wensday for full details.

The best part about it is this site. I cant even describe how much better I feel after just posting about it.

Thanks to all who have picked up my weigh in threads lately. My hours with the inventory event at my work have been crazy and its all I can do to keep up with my house. The event is down tomorrow and I am hoping for a nice relaxing weekend.

see you tomorrow
chels

Hello Chels...read your other post and wanted to wish you well. Hope you get a chance to relax this weekend - I love the WW's philosophy about being able to restart our efforts after times of struggle..sounds like you are on a good path now. Take good care of yourself....maajida