Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread 6-27-08

Good morning Ladies! Let's see here. We have a bunch a folks struggling with a bunch of issues, so let's ee if I can be sure to address all of them. :)

Maaj - I think your dilemma over the scale is a very vaild one. I personally quit weighing myself for a good year. I know this is counter to all of WW philosophy, but I was truly fixated on that stupid number. If it went down the world was great, and if it went up, my day was ruined. I was so adamant about this that I actually ran my scale over with our minivan. LOL During that time I guaged my progress on how my clothes fit and how I felt physically. I still counted points and exercised and really focused on adopting healthy habits. I know many WW'ers would freak over what I did, but I say, if you need a break from the scale - TAKE IT! Life is more important than a number. Hugs to you!

Lisa - maintenance is a total adjustment and we all have been there. I know for me, if I viewed maintenance as kind of throwing WW out the window, that would be permission for me to throw open the barn doors and have a free for all. I still struggle with that all or none thinking. Either I am on plan "perfectly" or I am totally not on plan. I had to really challenge that thinking to find a balance and realize that I can splurge here and there and then balance it out later. This is real life. You will go camping, eat out, have celebrations, etc and there will be food and times you eat too much. So what? The following week, go back to a week of 24 points, or whatever works for you. You have committed NO MORTAL SIN! LOL You haven't done anything that can't be undone. It will all be fine. As far as maintenance for me goes. I still count points each day. Now if I remember you are on Core, right? So maybe you could adopt a points number into your core foods to help with accountability? Just a thought. Tell me what you think, and I will go from there.

Chelsie - HUgs to you!! I am sorry you are smoking again. I won't lie - I would love to see you quit for your health, but I am not here to condemn. Is there anything else you could do to help with stress? If not, than just know we are here and that the other healthy habits you have adopted are all excellent. You need to only focus on changing 1 small thing at a time. Don't try to change too much all at once. It is too easy to get overwhelmed and throw in the towel completely.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out that is struggling. If I did, tell me!! I dont' want anyone to feel neglected. This board is all about support for one another.

Thinking of all of you,
Uki

Re: Daily Commitment Thread 6-27-08

Uki, what an amazing post. Thanks so much for reaching out to those of us who have been struggling. I appreciate your open philosophy of each of us doing what works out best re the scale. Yes, I was obsessing over the scale numbers and allowing then to rule my emotions and had to find a way to put a stop to that. I sense that I will probably return to regular weigh-ins at some point, but staying away from the scale seems to be helping right now. I have renewed my OP efforts, keep an old-style food journal that I used to do at WW's many years ago, and am trying to up the frequency and intensity of my workouts. I know that I don't need the scale to be the only way I can tell how I'm doing. I know my clothes fit and energy level get better with each day I am able to be OP. Yesterday was hard...for some reason all the old destructive eating patterns really called out to me, but I remained OP. Thanks again for all your support and encouragement. By the way, Uki, did you really run over your scale with your mini-van or did you just tell me that story to make me chuckle?? I appreciate what you did in the independence of your own thinking during that year, and that you went back to weighing in only when you felt comfortable doing so. Have a great OP day Uki and everyone. I am stepping off the world for a bit and suspending obligations for a while today and looking forward to some quiet time at home. Take care, Maajida

You are so welcome Maaj!! Yes, I really did drive over the scale with the minivan - TWICE!

I also did go back to weighing in after awhile too, but I no longer own a scale. I only weigh in with my church group 1 time a week. That has made a world of difference for me and allowed me to focus on the other aspects of a healthy life style. You know me, my big thing is balance, and the scale had me out of balance. All I cared about was that number and that is not always the best indicator of good health. It can be one of many. Eating healthfully, exercising, taking proper medications, getting adequate sleep, taking time for yourself, spending time with family, etc., are ALL IMPORTANT TOO! In the grand scheme of life, does it really matter all that much if the scale says 150 or 145??? There is so much more.

HUgs,
Uki

Uki

Good morning. I'm OP today. Have started the laundry so I can pack for our trip on Monday. Guess I really do have to start packing. It's supposed to rain all weekend so will be carrying stuff to the camper in the rain. Still having problems with knee pain. Got out my cane this AM. I've been limping to protect my left knee and it is causing pain in the right. I think I'm falling apart. I'm surprised that I really miss exercising. Who thought that I would ever say that?
Have a good day everyone

Pat

Morning everyone!

Patty - have a good time on your trip.

I'm at work and OP. Not a lot going on in my life. Just taking everything a day at a time. Been lots of stress this week here at work, but trying not to let it all get to me.

Does anyone know points on a plum - is it 1 for 1 pt. or 2 for 1 pt.??? I can't find my book.

Carrie - if they are the little ones, 2 for 1 point. Hang in there. You are doing great! :)

I'm OP also today. I weigh in this morning so I'll let you all know how I did later. I have to work a funeral dinner today at our church. A 22 year old man, that was friends with my sons, was killed in a car accident last weekend. It's so sad but the good thing is, he knew the Lord. Anyway, it will be a sad day but also a happy day.
Laura

I have to admit I'm still a "lurker." I log in just about everyday, but don't really post that much. I read how everyone is struggling and staying committed. You all help me! I have been logging and staying OP, using a few extra points here and there. I will admit, I am TERRIBLE about activity as far as exercising! I am good for a week and then get busy with work and my kids and that always gets put to the side!
Last night I made a single serving of a "no pudge" brownie to help with my choc craving (TOM). I couldn't remember what the points were. I counted 2 but I wasn't sure. It did the trick though!! Thank you all for your stories, they really do make a difference!

Susie

one no pudge brownie is just 1 pt.....

good stuff isn't it??

The chocolate raspberry was awesome! My kids haven't tried them yet so the mix is still safe. I love the fact you can make a single serving, so your not tempted to eat the whole pan!! Thanks for the point info Tobe!

Susie

Susie, good to hear from you. Very good to find something low in points to curb your cravings. Keep reading and posting.

Pat

Daily Commitment Thread 6-27-08

What is a no pudge brownie?

Cheryle

Cheryle, there is a No Pudge Brownie Mix that is mixed
up only with yogurt. They are yummy! I find mine in
the Ingles store here.

The past few days have been a kind of whirlwind with
guests and other activities. I have stayed pretty
close to the program, but have had to use my WPA on
a couple of days. Hadn't used many of them at all for
the week, so I was not in trouble there.

A quote from a WW leader, "If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer," helps me at times.
However, there are many reasons why food has become
the "problem" for many of us. That is one thing we
have to work on all along. It is a lifelong journey.

It sounds as though all of you have been very busy.
Hope you have a good week-end!

Nellie