Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment Thread 6-28-08

Good morning all! IT was good to hear from so many of you yesterday and a warm welcome to Susie!

Looks like rain here today, so Scott and I will have to just watch for a clear patch to get a bike ride.

My god friend and her kids come tomorrow. I cleaned yesterday and will try to sort of keep a handle on the house today. I am not going crazy - she is coming to see us not the cleanliness of my house. LOL At least I hope so!

So what are your plans today?

Re: Daily Commitment Thread 6-28-08

I'm OP and watching my 18 mo. old granddaughter today. I worked the funeral dinner yesterday and I was exhausted by the time I got home. That's what extra lbs will do to you. My back, hips and feet were so sore from standing so long. It's a rainy day here too in Michigan, we need it though.

Laura

It's raining here and so humid. I have a busy day today ahead of me. Our church was planning Olympic Sunday for the kids tomorrow and I am scheduled to monitor several events, however, they were not going to have it if the grounds were soaked or if it was going to rain. I have so much to get ready for this if it's a "go." However, I'm waiting on the official word from the head person.

I fell this morning in my bathroom. We've been potty training my little one and I went to put him on the potty and misjudged where the footstool was behind me and fell into the vanity; messed my arm/elbow up really good. I already have a nasty bruise forming. Ugh! It wasn't my most graceful moment that's for sure.

I made a recipe (one of Aimees) last night. Took 1 pkg of FF Cream Cheese and 1/2 c. of reduced sugar strawberry preserves to make like a fruit dip. She stated you could use it as a cupcake frosting or a spread on toast or muffins/bagels. It's sort of lumpy, but tasted good when I dipped my banana in it. Said the points for 1/4 c. was 1, but I think that's too low b/c according to the FF cream cheese 2 TBSP is 30 cal.?? I'm not sure what 1/4 c. would calculate too...my brain is fried at the moment.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Morning everyone. I'm OP today. It's rainy in W. NY also. Today will be spent packing for our trip. I have all the laundry done. Finished the grandma quilt I was making except for hand sewing the binding. I'll take that with me to give me something to do. I started making neck coolers. They are tubes of fabric with polymer crystals (used to retain moisture in soil) that you soak in water and they swell up. You tie them around your neck and as the water evaporates it cools you. I hope to make several of these to sell.
Uki-have fun with your friend. I always say that I'm not going to get crazy cleaning for company but end up killing myself.
Laura-what fun having your granddaughter. I'm envious. We will probably never have grandchildren. If our son stays with the girl he is living with they would have to adopt and right now they aren't interested. Hope your body has recovered from all the standing yesterday. Standing is one of the worst things for me.
Carrie-hope your boo-boo is better. Did you do like most of us and look around to see if anyone saw you fall? I always feel so klutzy when I do something like that.
Have a good day everyone

Pat

Good morning here from N. Calif. It's warm but the fires all over this part of our state have really ruined the air quality and it's been days since we've seen blue skies. Makes it hard to do alot of outdoor activities and I too have a grandchild spending time with me today and tomorrow...my daughter is moving into a new house this weekend, so I will have my 15 mo. old grandson for most of the time today and tomorrow and he may even spend the night. He's amazing, adorable (objectively speaking, lol) but oh what an energetic little guy he is. If I wasn't totally (not deprivingly) OP it would be so much harder to cope with taking care of him. Here's to a great OP day. Hugs everyone, Maajida

Not too much going on around here for the weekend. My 2 boys arrived home about midnight last night from a week at Boy Scout camp. So I will spend most of the day doing laundry. Will be OP for the day, though.

Cheryle

Patty - only my little one saw me fall. He's like.."You OK Mommy?"

Well, here I am, much later than morning. :)

With houseguests gone, we took off early this morning
on a day trip visiting family. It was a full day, but
fun.

We could use a good rainfall here. Although some
storms passed through the area just a little earlier,
there just was not that much rain that fell here. :(

Pat, hope all will go well with your upcoming trip.

Cheryle, I am sure the boys are glad to be home. They
may be in need of some extra sleep, though. :) The
laundry always keeps us busy. I don't think I ever
heard about your shopping trip to Memphis.

Laura, it isn't long now until that big day. Wedding
preparations are exciting!

Maajida, I always hate to hear the news about fires in
California. I hope you are safe.

Carrie, I am just as "graceful." :) I seem to have
bruises quite often and have no recollection of what I
have done to receive them. Hope you will have no real
ill effects.

Uki, I hope you will have an enjoyable time with your
friend and the children. Don't stress yourself out.:)

Now, rather than saying,"Good morning," it looks as
though it would be more appropriate to say, "Good
evening."

Until the next time, take care, everyone!

Nellie

Nellie, the boys did have a good time. The 11 year old was absolutely worn out. He fell asleep late this afternoon and has not been awake yet. I think he's down for the count. This was his first year to be old enough to go and I think it just about did him in. They both had a great time, though.

As for my trip to Memphis, I haven't posted much about it. A friend and her 13 year old daughter went with me and we had a really good time. This friend is in WW with me, and we were both in need of new clothes. My main goal for the day was to buy new bras and underwear. Not much fun, but badly needed. Mine were so big. I also bought some new pjs to take to my trip to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks. Mine were too big and worn out. The highlight of the day was when I bought a pair of capris to wear to church. They were 3 sizes smaller than what I wore when I started WW. Yipee!!! I was very pumped about that.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheryle