Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Committment Thread - 7/1/08

Hope it was ok to start today's committment thread...I am in recovery from a rough time and it feels good to come here and do this. Hope it's a great week for everyone. Sincerely, maajida

OP today. Maajida, the best of luck to you in overcoming your hard time. You CAN get back on track and take each day at a time.

Cheryle

Re: Daily Committment Thread - 7/1/08

Good morning to everyone!

It is a beautiful day here with some good cooler
weather. :)

I will just be busy today with miscellaneous house-
hold chores, but will definitely be OP through all
the day.

Everyone else have a great day!

Nellie

Good morning. I'm having one of those "I feel fat" days. Sunday I was up 2 lbs. and today it looked like I was up another. It's got me a little bummed right now. I shouldn't be weighing today, I just weighed in Sunday, but that scale makes me a little obsessive. Maybe I need to do what Uki did and run it over a couple times, LOL!

Anyway, I was up late last night. I had 2 lbs of hamburger that I had to cook or I was going to have to throw it out so I decided at 11:00 to make a pot of chili. So, that's what I'll be having for lunch.

I'm at work and have a lot on my mind this morning. I currently work Tues-Fri at my day job. I'm debating whether or not to ask my boss if he will consider allowing me to pick up Mondays...from home. Don't know if he'll go for this working from home (it could be done), he might allow it but have me come in the office. Either way, I'm giving up time with my little one, but it would almost be an additional $300 per month in just working Mondays. It's a big decision. Heck, he may just say no. However, working up the courage to just have the conversation is making me crazy! Ugh!

I am OP today, very busy day at work - trying to get my boss ready for vacation, then with him gone I'll be able to get caught up on some of my work over the next few days and I'm soooo looking forward to the long weekend!

Have a good one!

I'm OP today, been a little discouraged this week. Staying OP but not dropping any weight. I went shopping for shoes for the wedding and I found a pair, yippee. Beautiful day here and I've been out by the pool, just came in to get some water.
Laura

I am here and OP - just busy, busy, busy getting ready for our camping trip on Thursday. I am thinking of all of you! :)

Uki

hello everyone. I'm here but I am not op. 19 hours down. It went pretty well on my first day quiting. DH did well too. I made wise choices today no chocolate or tons of sugar. But I did eat alot.

Now off to make supper

Chels

Hi Chels, I was so glad to see your posting. I think it's wonderful that you came here to post not being OP...you're dealing with alot of things all at once and one step at a time I have no doubt that all the pieces will fall into place. Don't be too hard on yourself...give yourself credit for all that you are accomplishing....the worst thing, as I am discovering from my own struggles to be OP, is to hide, away from all the support and encouragement you'll find here. When struggles are out in the open, they are much easier to deal with....here's to OP days and celebrating all our accomplishments. Maajida

Maajida, well said. In my "at work" WW program, there are several that have quit coming to the meetings because they "haven't been doing well." I keep trying to tell them to please come back for the support. We all have setbacks, but the group can support us.

Chelsie, hang in there. You are going through alot.

Cheryle

Chelsie,

Congrats on getting through your first day!

As I mentioned before, I quit smoking too, last year. I did gain weight, 7lbs, however I did stay as close to plan as I could, by that I mean, I wasn't eating chips, cake, etc. it was the amount of food I ate. But take it real easy on yourself - I believe it more important to focus on quitting smoking - As I said I gained 7 (would have been way more without WW) and I have now lost 4 of that - I'm still struggling with the last 3 - but - I AM A NON-SMOKER!

You will soon be able to say that too and then refocus on the weight. In the meantime, just try to be conscience of WHAT you eat...best of luck