Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Committment Thread - 7-5-08

This is a first, me starting this thread. I'm OP today, I kind of blew it yesterday late afternoon. I did real good at the wedding reception since they only had fruit and veggies. I also had a piece of cake, which wouldn't have been bad but that started my downfall. I went home and started eating. We ordered pazones from pizza hut, which I won't do again because they weren't very good and way too much crust. I didn't eat it all (it was huge) but a big portion of it. Had some cheesy popcorn, M&M's, oh, and ice cream (it was half the fat though). Anyway, I felt terrible after that and even worse this morning now that I feel bloated. I'm back on track today, yesterday is gone and there's nothing I can do except learn from it. Hope everyone out there had a great 4th and now lets have a great 5th. One week until my son gets married.

Laura

Re: Daily Committment Thread - 7-5-08

hey everyone. Finally got around to coming on today. We were real busy yesterday building a new front porch. Then we went to sioux city to get a few more things for the deck and some new back doors.

Sent my two youngest daughters off on a camping trip yesterday till wensday with some friends they have daughters about the same age and wanted them to have some company. my daughters are 4 and 6 and I sure miss having them around. But on the other hand every mother knows a break is nice everyonce in a while too.

Today we are off to Yankton SD. We have some friends camping up there and Dh is going to ride his dirt bike. Looks like it is going to be a hot one here in the midwest.

What are you all up to this weekend?

chels

Morning all! I had a boring 4th of July. Stayed OP yesterday and hoping to finish out the week that way. I weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll see some good results on the scale.

Not a lot planned today; we need to get yard work done so I think that is the plan.

Have great day everyone.

Good morning to everyone!

Well, we had a rather low-key Fourth of July. I was
OP, but did have a slice of blueberry tart (made from
our very own blueberries). I had the WPA and knew how
to count it from the nutritional info in the recipe,
so it was just 4 points. Not a bad straying off plan.

The sale and setting off of fireworks are illegal in
our county. However, a sub-division nearby seems to
be able to have quite a display, so that is how we
watched the fireworks.

We also worked some on veggies from the garden, even
putting some things in the freezer.

Today we have a wonderful light rain, much needed, and
it is easy to tell how the garden appreciates it al-
ready! :) I don't even mind walking in it. :)

Laura, you are right. Leave yesterday behind and begin
anew today. What's done is done, and we don't need to
beat ourselves up over it.

Chelsie, hope everyone has a good time on their re-
spective trips.

Carrie, sometimes the days with the least planned are
the most relaxing.

Hope everyone will have a great day!

Nellie

Good morning everyone! I just got back in from my 4 mile walk. Boy, is it hot already. I usually walk at 6:30 before it starts getting hot. However, I didn't get up so early this morning after having a late night last night with friends for the 4th. I walked from 8-9 and I could certainly tell the difference. Yuck.
I really worried how I would do yesterday since I would be spending the day with friends, but I didn't do too bad. We were having hotdogs and hamburgers. I took my 1 point bun and 1 point cheese to go with the burgers. I didn't eat a hot dog. I also took baked tostitos and light chips. I took a cooler of bottled water which I drank all day instead of the adult beverages that everyone else had. There were several different types of salad to choose from none of which were lo cal. There were also baked beans and banana pudding. I did sample all of these, but only about a tbsp. of each. That way, I didn't feel deprived, but didn't completely over indulge. All in all, I did pretty well, considering.
Oh yeah, the funniest thing is I took the caramel apple salad that was from this MB. It was scarfed down and many commented on how much they liked it. No one had a clue that it was WW.

I'm 100% OP today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheryle

good morning everyone.....I kind of blew it yesterday too....just can't seem to remain OP with any kind of consistency lately...and the damage is cumulative when you experience periods of struggle before you are even fully recovered from the previous bout. But I refuse to give up and I am here to post of my determination and desire to remain OP today...one day at a time, I will do it. By the way, that caramel apple salad sounds really interesting...where could someone find the recipe?? Thanks and have a good day, everyone. Maajida

Maajida, Susie W. posted the caramel apple salad recipe on a thread titled "Fourth of July celebration" where I had asked about suggestions for the holiday. There are several suggestions and recipes on that thread if you want to check them out. I think Susie called it taffy apple salad if I remember correctly. You can also find this recipe on Aimee's website under desserts in the first cookbook. I have made it twice now. Once following the directions that Susie posted, and yesterday following the directions that are on Aimee's website. I think I like Susie's version better.
I have to warn you to figure the points if you make this recipe. The website states it is 2 points, but I figured all the ingredients and came up with 3 points. So check what you use instead of just assuming it's two points.

Cheryle

maj we all have had that struggle at one time or another. I find if I make it 1 week it usually lasts for quite a while. We just need to remember why we are doing this and who we are doing it for. It is great you come here to post your commitment even when you are having a bad day or week. I know I havent been doing great lately I have lost alot of motivation as well. But I still feel like I am on program as far as I have not given up like so many times before. I still have the desire and as long as you have desire you will accomplish your goal.

Good luck to you today I will be thinking of you

Chels

thanks, Chels...your words really do help alot, maaj

Hi everyone. I'm back at the internet cafe. Have had a good week with family and also with food. I've cooked at my mom's so have been OP there. Yesterday at my sister's did OK. Had a few points worth of baked beans and a small spoon of potato salad. I made a brown rice and veggie salad(Core) that I knew I could eat. My neice's husband can't have gluten so knew he could eat the salad also. Had fresh fruit for dessert. All in all think I did OK.
This is our last day in Indiana. Tomorrow we go to my in-laws in Northwestern Ohio. Might be a bigger problem there with the food. Mom doesn't get to cook much as Dad doesn't eat much except PB sandwiches. So when we come home she cooks way too many things and way too much. Will do the best I can.
Yesterday I got to meet my great nephew for the first time. He will be one the end of July. My sister's step daughter and her two girls (10 months and 3 1/2 yrs) were also there. So the day was mostly watching the kids play and making fools of ourselves over them.
I've read most of the back posts from all of you. Sounds like there are a few struggles but overall everyone seems positive.
Don't know when I'll be able to check in again.
Talk to you when I can

Pat

Pat, I'm so glad you checked in. It sounds like you are having a good time visiting with everyone. Take care and check back soon.

Cheryle