Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confession time!

I feel like I need to confess my food sins today, LOL!! It was one of those days where I started out good and then while fixing lunch I found myself taking nibbles on Baked Lays here and there while getting everything else ready. I wrote those in my journal, but then later, I opened my spice cabinet and OMG I saw them....that 1/2 bag of semi-sweet choc. chips. I thought, hey, a few can't hurt...heck...I ate nearly all that was left. I still counted them, but I know I went over my points this eveing by probably 4-5. So, I walked and those choc. chips are out of my house (cause I consumed them and now I feel blah!). Tomorrow will be better! Anyone else struggle today and want to fess up??

Re: Confession time!

I know I can't bring anything like that into my house, one taste and its all over, I've learned
over the almost 2 years on WW, that self control plays into the program also...

Self control??? whats that? something you put on chinese food!!!!!!! LOL

I have to remember I'm doing this for me, to keep this weight off and stay on maintenance just one
day at a time..
It makes it so simple with that mind set...

I refuse to ever put any weight back on again, this is so worth it.... and we're all so lucky that we were given a simple program to follow...

as said elsewhere, its a simple program for
complicated people....

Carrie, I haven't had "bad" days lately, but there
have been days not long ago when I couldn't leave the
peanuts alone! I don't know where that came from be-
cause peanuts have never been a temptation for me! I
bought them for my DH, and only he would eat them. I
do have to fight the urge to nibble on something, how-
ever. I have to try to remind myself that this is what
got me here in the first place, and I will not do it
again! At least it was Baked Lays, and chocolate is
good for you, so recent research says. :) Today is a
new day, and you were probably due a "cheat" day. :)

Confession time!

LOL Carrie! I think you have hit upon a great idea. Confessions of the day. So here's mine----
I did very well most of the day. Then last night I took my son to a baseball game and there was very large bags of kettle corn for sale. I resisted most of the game. Then Brian asks if he can have some and would I share with him. I told him I would with ALL intentions of him eating most of it. Well, like others have said, once you start, you can't stop. Before I knew it 3/4 of the bag was consumed, and I'm the one who ate most of it. ARRGGHH!! I have no idea how many points kettle corn has, but I'm sure it's at least a kajillion.

Cheryle

Glad to here I'm not the only one. Couple weeks ago the church asked me if I could donate some baked goods for a bake sale. I made some bread and a batch of choc. chip cookies and I had like 1/2 the bag of those choc. chips left. I didn't even remember them being up there until I went searching for a spice and it was all over after that...I mean, seriously it was not worth it b/c those semi-sweet things made me feel ill! Lesson learned!

I too ate too much of the wrong things this weekend, mainly out of frustration/depression at not seeing the losses I feel I should - stupid right?

Perhaps these set-backs are a necessary part of the process, you know, the whole live & learn thing.

Anyway, I was wondering how Chelsie is doing with her (not) smoking?
Cheryle, I hope you are able to get your son started on an antibiotic up before your vacation, that would be miserable to fly with a full-blown sinus infection!
Carrie, I also hope your son gets to feeling better and that you are able to get your car fixed without spending another arm & leg.
Uki, I am sorry to hear your trip did not turn out well, but glad you all made it home safely.
Nellie, how nice to be able to serve your guests things you grew in your own garden, that must give you a great sense of satisfaction.
Laura, maybe you should get one of those battery operated hand-held fans to keep you cool for your sons wedding.
Tobe, thanks for sharing the chicken/taco recipe, I think I will try that this week.

I hope everyone has a better day today!

Carrie----totally funny yesterday I got into the white chocolate chips (YUM-O) and ate the last 1/2 bag. Glad they're gone now and I won't be buying any more of those. Must have been a chocolate chip sunday!

Mine was a confession from Friday. They had trick or treat at the campground. I had brough suckers which are a no-tempt food for me. Well, the kids went trick or treating and came back with chocolate... Many mini bags of peanut M&M's later I was done. LOL I don't worry about those occasional indulgences in the least. I follow the plan so consistently for 98% of the time, that I no longer worry about the other 2%. This is real life and real life involves splurges from time to time.

Hugs,
Uki

Confession time!

Uki, I like your way of thinking!

Kim, thank you. I was able to get Brian in the doctor's office this morning and he did have a sinus infection. She put him on an antibiotic. I just hope it kicks in well enough for him to fly without being miserable.

Cheryle

Kim, saw you were wondering about me so here is how I am doing. Right now fine. Last thursday I gave in. But it didnt last for the next two weeks or even the next day. I had a weak moment and didnt remember to do any of the things I should do with a craving like gum or cold water or a mint. The same things I do when I want to eat aint that funny!!!. So I did slip up but have been smoke free since. The physical cravings arent as severe and for that I am gratefull. My Dh is doing the same as me. He has been very calm and as long as we keep busy and not find our selves boerd it seems to help.

Thanks for caring

Chels