Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily committment thread for 7-10-08

Holy Cow! I am up! LOL Good morning everyone! I had to get up early to take my fosamax and then Scott has his appointment with the surgeon this morning.

I haven't reviewed the threads from yesterday yet, but I am hoping everyone is doing okay.

Chelsie, how is the quitting smoking going? You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maaj, are you taking it day to day and just taking some time to learn about yourself?

Laura, how are the preparations for the wedding coming along? I can imagine this is a stressful time.

Nellie, thank you again for pitching in the way you have the keep things running. You really are holding the group together!

Cheryle, Way to go on your loss this week!!! Yay!

Carrie, I hope your son is better. It is so hard to have sick little ones.

I am now going to go back and get caught up on the threads. If I missed you this morning - I am sorry! I will catch up on everything today.

Hugs,
Uki

Re: Daily committment thread for 7-10-08

morning everyone. Off to work. Got done with my continuous improvement team for the new inventory system on another line last night. And yesterday they told me that they want me to work the rest of the week on pre event work (data collection) the rest of this week and then next week is another event. The week after that is also an event and then I go on vacation.!! it is much better than production that I was doing before but it is only temporary. A little break is better than nothing.
It is also good for quiting smoking because I am not standing around thinking all the time. I am always busy. So I am doing very well in that department. If me and DH make it till friday we are going to treat our selves with going out to eat. Dont know where yet but sometimes anything is better than having to cook.

My weight gain has not been terribly bad. I was up 5 lbs total since my last true weigh in at my metting. I have not been able to make a metting is 3 weeks due to having to work late on my meeting night. I hope to hop back on the op wagon by next week. I havent been making terrible choices just not counting yet. I have gained an incredible amount of water weight. I cant even get my rings off my finger!!!

Well I hope everyone is doing well. i havent had much time to read all the threads lately.

SEe you later
chels

Uki, Things are going well for the wedding. Meeting with the DJ and the reception place today for final preparations and tomorrow morning going over to the church to decorate. The bride and groom came in yesterday so they will be quite busy the next couple days. This is so exciting and a little stressful. My mom told me yesterday she wants to treat me to a massage. I was going to do it before the wedding but changed it to Monday, an after wedding massage.

I'm OP today and hoping to even stay that way after I weigh in today. I've been so good the last 3 weeks that I don't want to screw it up but just craving some sweets.

Chelsie, you're doing a great job. Who cares about the 5 lb. weight gain when your lungs are shouting, I can breathe again Have a great day everyone.

Laura

Good morning, everyone!

Uki, it is good to see you beginning the thread once
more. Anytime I am able to do something to help with
the group I will, but things will begin to pick up
around here very soon. More about that later.

Pat and Cheryle, hope your travels are going well and
that the visiting family is working out all right. It
is interesting. Family sometimes just doesn't see us
as we have become. That can be hard to take, but we
just have to tell ourselves that we are making im-
portant lifestyle changes.

Chelsie, you are doing great with your not smoking
plan. I am sure you will be able to get back OP when
the hardest time is over. It is good to have that kind
of break at work.

Well, after weeks and weeks of not much going on here,
things are going to start to pick up. I will have a
three-day UMW (church) event in a nearby town. Also
at the same time, in another nearby town, will be my 50th (yes, I am 68) high school reunion. I will be
able to participate in both, with a lot of planning.
Following that is a special four-day event for alumni
at my college not too far away. After that comes an
anniversary (#39) and a family birthday celebration.
These will be challenging times for staying OP, but I
have found how to take along snacks to eat prior to a
meal so I am not tempted to overeat something that is
not a good choice. I hope I will be able to do that
this time. My time online will be very spotty, but I
will check in from time to time.

Laura, I hope the wedding goes well. I will send happy
thoughts your way on Saturday.

Everyone else, take care and have great OP days!

Nellie

I'm tired! We were out boating last night, surfing and wakeboarding, all that after I took a spin class yesterday morning.

I'm finally back on track. I had eaten so much junk that my body finally got sick and I got over my need for the junk (namely 6 cookies monday).

I'm just busy doing my mom duties today, cleaning and laundry. I think I'll lay down and take a nap if I get a chance!

Have a great day everyone. Hang in there Chelsie. My father in law has smoked for 38 years and is quitting and I know it's a tough road. But you're stronger because of it!

Good morning, everyone...and a happy OP day to us all! It was wonderful reading all the posts here and seeing what everyone is up to. Uki, thankyou for mentioning so many of us individually...and yes, I am taking time to get to know myself without the filter of off program eating to act as a buffer zone between me and the issues of concern in my life. Best of luck with the surgery for your dh and have a great day, everyone. Maajida

Hi Everyone!

At work and OP, have a busy day in front of me - my boss is back.

Did grocery shopping last night, I love the selection of all the fruits and veggies in the summer

I wish you all a great OP day!

Hi everybody! I've been busy, but wanted to let everyone know I'm alive today.

I'm craving watermelon like crazy, so tonight I'm going to get out my melon and cut the thing up.

My little one seems to be all better and over his fever. Hopefully my oldest won't get it.

I hope I can get a walk in tonight, but boy, it's hot right now.