Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to Aimee's

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am a single mom of 2 amazing boys (ages 7 & 11). I have lost 80 pounds with weight watchers over several years. I am back to lose my last 40. The one thing I am doing that I have not done before is getting support online. I found this website through a message thread on WW and I instantly could see the support and friendliness of all of you (just what I am looking for and needing). I also LOVE the fact we can talk "points" on here, it is very frustrating to be a paying WW member and I can't share my recipes to their fullest on the message boards. I am looking forward to being a "loser" with all of you!

~Diane~

Re: New to Aimee's

Diane, welcome to our little part of the world wide web. We love to see new people. We can all learn from each other. Post often. There are a couple of daily threads to post your commitment for the day and also your exercise. Join in.
I'm a 59 yo,wife, mom of 1, almost retired RN.
Your loss is very good. If you can lose 80 then the last 40 should be no problem.

Pat

Welcome, Diane. I am a Lifetime WW member and am on
that journey that is a lifestyle change. Some days are
harder than others, but the improvement is worth any
"sacrifice" we may feel we are making. Just take one
day at a time. You know how the program goes. The
weight will come off.

The best to you!

Nellie

Welcome Diane, it's nice to see your smiling face. This is wonderful support to stay committed and to understand that we're all human sometimes! I'm excited to hear about your journey, make sure to post, we'd love to hear from you. You can learn from our experiences but we can also learn from yours!!!

New to Aimee's

Wow! We have certainly seen a turn in new members this week, haven't we? It is great! Welcome Diane. This is a wonderful place to be for support, chatting, questions, you name it. Just curious, what do you mean by not being able to share your recipes to the fullest on the WW MB? I am a paying WW member, but I don't use the MB. I may be the only one here who has no idea what you are talking about.

Cheryle

Welcome i am new as well!!!! I think 80 pounds is quite the accomplishment!!! Awsesome!! I hope you keep writing on this site- i have also found it brings me inspiration!!!!!! Thanks- Can't wait to hear more from you keep up the good work!

Welcome Diane!! We are delighted to have you join us. Feel free to check in on the various daily threads for commitment and exercise, and post whenever you can. We love new members and welcome your input. Many of us are on maintenance and are more than willing to share stories or an encouraging word. Thanks for joining us!

Uki

Hi Diane and Welcome! Ok, so why can't you share your recipes on the WW board?? I didn't know you couldn't do that. Well, share them with us....b/c we like to cook over here and need new ideas and inspirations! So, if you have recipes that please the family then, please start postin them!!!

I have been on WW since Feb. 2007 and have lost a total of 82 lbs. so far. I also have 2 boys, ages 9 and 3. I have about another 25-28 lbs. left that I'd like to get off. I love that this board is "small" b/c it makes it more personal. I do not attend meetings; I do the program on my own and this is my support group/meeting place. I have made this part of my daily lifestyle/routine.

WOW!!! Thank you all for saying hello
I knew I'd love this place.

Pat...I am an RN as well, since 1989 I've been doing L&D and Nusery (OB/GYN office as well). Very nice to meet you.

Nellie...WTG on lifetime, that is an amazing acomplishment. I know someday I will get there too (I am determined). Very nice to meet you.

Lisa....Thank you for letting me know about the daily posts, I have already started to read some and am loving it, it's like going to a meeting everyday! I will make sure to post as well. Very nice to meet you.

Bulldog mom...Well on WW message boards when you share a recipe you aren't allowed to post the points for the recipe, which becomes frustrating for myself and I am sure others. WW customer service will sometimes pull message board threads because of this. Very nice to meet you.

Angela....Hey girl it's me mom2boyz9600, we've emailed a few times regarding points from recipes on WW message board. Great to chat with you here as well. Very nice to meet you again.

Ukisuki...Thank you for such a warm welcome as well, I am looking forward to posting threads with all of you and learning from you on this journey. Very nice to meet you.

Carrie....WOW! WTG on your weight loss, I agree with you this website is very personal (which is what I need). I am so glad I stumbled onto it! Seems we have alot in common and I am looking forward to losing the last part of my weight along with you as well. Very nice to meet you.

I can't thank you all enough for your welcome!!! I really needed it. I have to jet off to work but I will be on later. Have a great day everyone!

New to Aimee's

Why on earth would you not be able to post the points with the recipe? Isn't that kind of the point? Does the WW board post a reason for it?

Cheryle

Cheryle, WW doesn't want the points posted on the message boards because it is Propritary (?sp) material. The message boards are open to the general public and WW thinks they will lose money if people can figure out the points system on their own. That being said, there is a lot of great info on the boards. I've gotten many recipes and answers to my questions. If you haven't checked it out you should stop in. There is a board for Flex and one for Core plus lots of speciality ones.

Pat

Hey diane, I'm always a late poster. Welcome to the site its awesome to have new members too.

My name is Chelsie I am 27 and have gained and lost the same 20 lbs for the past 3 years. This site is awesome at keeping you on the program even in difficult times at least that is what I have found out. Looking forward to chating with you

chels

Hi Chelsie,

Thank you for your warm welcome! This site is so nice and personal. I am looking forward getting to know you as well. Very nice to meet you.