Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weigh in tommorrow

I am really nervous about my weigh in tommorrow- normally i am really positive- i haven't gained in 8wks and i am hoping to go from 19.8 to 20 tommorrow but really am worried and don't know why. Sorry to vent just thought i'd share my thoughts.

Re: weigh in tommorrow

Angela, don't get so stressed out. I know how important those milestones are but in reality if you don't make 20 this week you probably will next week. I try to remember that this is a lifestyle that I will always be doing, not a diet. That being said, I have to weigh in tomorrow also and I'm nervous since I've managed to stay off the scale all week and don't have a clue of how I'm doing.

Pat

Hang in there Angela. I am sure things will go fine. You are doing so well - lots of good healthy habits! :)

Good luck Angela! Just remember, you'll get there at some point in the near future. These bodies are tricky sometimes.

Have you gotten to the dreaded plateau at any time yet??

Talk about frustrating!

Thanks- just logged on quick before i go. My meeting is at 10. YIKES:) I'm not so nervous now THANKS for all the support!!!! I'll let you guys know one way or the other when i return from the meeting.
Off i go......

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But remember although it may be a disapointment if you don't lose, you will sooner or later, this change of lifestyle does work! OH yea and as someone mentioned before take your bra off that's about 2 ounces! HAHAHA

Well surprisingly enough- i had my first gain. BUT- i am very positive about it!!!!!! I started working out and am getting my time of the month next week. I gained a whopping 3.2!!!!!!! I KNOW I CAN COME BACK FROM IT!!! I am going to have a super week next week. My leader told me its normal to gain when you start working out???? Wonder if that truly is accurate.

Hi Angela
I was very active on this site and I just needed to take a summer break from it all.

Usually the rule of thumb is no workouts, the day before a weigh in... so next week work out 2 days prior to going to WW.
Thats whats worked for me, and I'm a gym junkie, amd I stil go to WW faithfully every Tues, its now going on 2 yrs and I've been maintaining 4 under goal.

good luck next week.... just stay OP, don't sabotage yourself with this weeks gain...

Angela - she's right. If you are working out and have been for awhile, you will start to build more muscle, which weighs more than fat; hence slight weight gains that show up on the scale. Just remember, "it's" more than that number on the scale. You are doing everything right...eating healthy, getting in your fluid, working out your body, making better decisions, changing your lifestyle. Just keep the great attitude and keep doing what your doing.

Angela, the weight gain is so normal. Muscles hold onto water when they are building additional muscle. I never subscribed to the don't work out the day before weigh in theory. I exercise almost every day and figure that what I weigh is what I weigh. The scale may fluctuate a little, but my actual size and weight are the same. I am not sure if I explained that well. What I mean is that if I weight in on Monday after no exercise and weigh 110 and then weigh in on Tuesday after exercising on Monday and weigh 111, which is the true weight? I didn't gain a pound of fat in 1 day. So just do what works for you and don't worry about what works for others. Everyone's body is different and YOU need to find out what works for YOU. :) You will get lots of suggestions here, and try whatever appeals to you and go from there.

I am under goal by 14.5 pounds, and this works for me, but I will never say that my way is the rule of thumb for everyone.

hugs,
Uki

LIGHTEN UP UKI....................

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS-- I AM LIKE A ROLLER COASTER TODAY- HAPPY ONE MINUTE BUMMED THE NEXT, BUT ALL THE ADVISE IS COMPLETELY HELPING!!!!!! PLEASE I NEED SUPPORT NOW MORE THEN EVER! I HAVE DONE WEIGHT WATCHERS IN THE PAST AND RIGHT NOW IS WHEN I TEND TO FALL OFF AND I AM KEEPING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE- EXTRA SUPPORT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Tobe,

You don't need to yell at me. I am simply saying that each person needs to do what works for them. What works for one person does not always work for another and we all view things in our own way. I disagree with your "rule of thumb" comment about not exercising the day before weigh in. That is not a WW rule - that is your rule. And if it works for you that is awesome, but it is not the answer for all people. I think Angela should decide for herself what she wants to do. If she chooses to take that day off that is fine. It is also fine for her to not take that day off. She is the one who needs to make the decision. I feel you gave her misinformation by stating that the "usual rule of thumb" was to not exercise the day before weigh in.

Respectfully,
Uki

Well!!! if you went to a real WW meeting you would hear the same thing from a REAL Leader..

Nuff Said, and I'll be up front with you Uki, your
the reason alot of us lifetimers have left this site.
you and your know it all......
No one has the brass you know what to say it up front to you.... But I do....
You and I have this riff going on between us now for a long time.. and you win......... I'm done!!!!! have a nice life.....

weigh in tommorrow

Really...can't everyone just play nice

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we don't all have to agree, sometimes it's just best to agree to disagree. This site is way too important to so many of us, I would hate to see this type of behavior scare anybody off.

So please continue to post your advise/opinions and don't take personally if someone elses views aren't the same as yours, just move on to the next topic.

weigh in tommorrow

Well said, Kim. That is exactly the way I felt, but couldn't think how to word it last night when I read this thread. That's why I just put the frowning emoticons. One of the things that I have LOVED about this board is the commaderie. Let's please keep it that way.

Cheryle

THANKS!!! I feel especially bad because i started the thread and i'm fairly new here...:) THANKS

I have to say I'm sorry if I offended any of you new Ladies...

This has been an ongoing situation for over a yr now.

Please enjoy this site, its one of the tools that helped me reach goal, and move on to maintenance.

I wish you all good luck with your weight loss journey...

Tobe, I love your comments and you have been a strength to me and my journey so don't disappear okay?

weigh in tommorrow

Ditto what Lisa said. Tobe and Uki have both been great inspirations and a tremendous help. Please stick around. We need you.

Cheryle

Angela, please don't feel badly about starting this thread. You were looking for support and things took an ugly turn - that is in no way your fault.

This board is a wonderful place as are ALL the ladies here. There are different opinions on different topics, just as there are different plans on WW. WW developed the Flex plan and the Core plan because different people respond differently. That is a great thing!! The different views here are a great thing - the more ideas we share the better chance we have for success. Life would be so boring if we all thought and did the same things.

I hope that everyone will free to always post their views, and if they have a twist or idea to share, I hope they will feel free to do so. The more we are armed with information the better. Who knows? Maybe your idea or thought is the answer someone was looking for.

Respectfully,
Uki

Thanks Uki. I love to hear from you and your encouragement has been priceless to me. Stick around!