Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
read this Angela!!!

Okay so you gained 3.2. Let me tell you that a few weeks ago I was 1.6 lb away from goal, I weigh in on Saturday and I worked out so hard on Friday thinking it would help.......No way I totally gained. But let me tell you the catch, I stayed on plan and went to weigh in 4 days later and lost 2 lbs!!!! I have always had horrible luck when I work out the day before weigh in (walking excluded). But from your post you worked out really hard, your body was probably thinking "man I need this food I'm hungry and working hard" and you probably held water. Totally happens, keep your chin up because that will all come off next week. But don't work out so hard right before weigh in (day before). If you want to work out just do walking.

I don't want you to be so upset because I was in tears and so bummed and it sounds like you're feeling the same. Don't let the scale control you, I'm sure you look and feel awesome and didn't eat 6,000 extra calories this week to gain 3 lbs.

Hang in there,
Love ya, Lisa

Re: read this Angela!!!

I just read Uki and Tobe's emails...OUCH!

Let me clarify. I don't think there is anything wrong with exercising before weigh in...but my heart can't handle stepping on the scale and gaining when I've worked so hard that week. (sounds like Angela felt kind of the same) I only weigh in at WW, never at home so I need to see my scale progress. If I'm always bouncing around (up) on weigh in day because of exercising it really discourages me. So in order to avoid being depressed (ex. crying on the way home from weigh in) and to see my TRUE PROGRESS I have to give myself the best chance at the scale as possible.

Make sense? I'm kind of a dork

Angela, You're doing awesome though!!!

WOW thanks alot lisa!!! That totally made sense to me and i understand!!!! I feel kinda guilty i took the day off from working out today- kinda ate alot at the begining of the day - and now i'm straving and only have ten points left..... bummer.
I am going to wake up tommorrow- continue my routine and work out. I am like you- i don't even own a scale. I think that i would go insane if i did!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!!!!!! Sounds like your doing great as well- thanks again
angie

Slow but steady, that's how I'm doing. The funny thing is that I had a hard time hitting the 20lb mark too. And I tend to eat more out of emotional depression when I get discouraged.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

I totally know how you feel Angela, I gained this week as well and was so upset and discouraged, but when I broke it down by weeks I am right on track. And from my calculations you've lost about 2 pounds a week average. That is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work and try not to get discouraged, we are all here for you

Thanks!!!!! I really love this site all of you are wonderful i need this now more than ever.

I tend to go on the advice of my doctor when it comes to working out...she says our bodies are 'designed' to be moved/worked daily - that means everyday. I know that when I work out that I am doing something positive for my health. For me being insulin resistant, working out helps control the insulin levels. So, skipping workouts can't be an option for me. Skipping a workout or even two just to see a result on the scale doesn't seem logical to me (IMO) b/c (and I'm speaking "for me" here) I know how guilty I feel about skipping the workout. It's almost as overwhelming as the feeling you get when you have a bad day and go over your points. Even if the scale doesn't show you a result you were looking for there are so many other ways to measure success....you could be losing inches so take measurements of your arms, hips, thighs, etc. b/c those inches lost will evenutally show up as lbs. lost on the scale at some point. Stick to what your doing and don't give up. Gains are frustrating, but as someone state on the board recently, sometimes it's "two steps forward/one step back" on this journey.

Makes sense to me, Carrie. :)