Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can of chicken...

This sounds silly- but i only have 10 points left for the day. I have a can of chicken breast- anyone have any ideas?????? If you don't have any ideas for the can of chicken, any good 10 point FILLING meals???????????? My kitchen is pretty well stocked.:) Thanks

Re: Can of chicken...

spaghetti is always a good one. OR you can make a chicken salad sandwich, or just the filling and a salad to go with it. Have some popcorn and a fruit before bed

Thanks!!!!

for future you know what else is yummy.......I saute (in a little butter or healthy oil) onions, celery and carrots and then throw in the chicken let the chicken warm and then add some salt and pepper if needed then put that on top of some brown rice (Instant is fast). Very yummy and filling. I usually make my family chicken pop pie by adding cream of chicken soup and cooked potatoes in there with a pastry topping but I take my portion of veggies and chicken out before I add all the fattening stuff!!!

I just posted this to your thread on the WW message board.....

Just tonight I made this.....

I put a can of chicken in a ziploc and put 1/2 a packet of Taco Bell taco seasoning in it and shook it up. Poured it into a crockpot, drained a can of black beans and corn, poured them in. Then poured in a can of stewed tomatoes (I didn't drain them). Simmered them for a few hours on low....it was sooooo good and easy! I had a few extra points so I added 1/4 cup of lowfat cheese to the top of my serving.

OMG, Diane...that sounds so yummy!

10 points hmm....ok, I know it's tomorrow....but here's some suggestions if this situation happens (hey, it happens to all of us!) Here's how I sometimes spend points when I don't have a lot to work with:

Soup - I'll go back and find my Cheesy Veggie Soup recipe and pull it forward. There are lots of low point soups out there so get some and have them on hand if you don't have time to do a homemade one for days like this.

Salad, baked potato, fruit, cottege cheese

Low point grilled cheese, baked lays...

Last night I made fajitas with tons of veggies, chicken, low carb wraps...total for 2 HUGE fajitas with some salsa was 5 points and I still had points left for a WW treat. OMG, I was stuffed.

Baked chicken breast (4-5 oz), 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, steamed veggies...that's about 7 points - still have points left for snacking...

If you're out and about - I work 2 jobs, so I don't always have time to run home and cook....Wendy's Chili for 4 points, 4-5 saltines for 1 point, very filling and you've got points left to add in the cheese (if you like that ) and still have points left for a skinny cow ice cream, fruit, or even a granola bar or such later on if you plan it right.

A low point hot dog on a 1 point bun, with side of baked beans, or grilled veggies,

BLT - on 45 cal. per slice bread with some FF pringles

Boca burger with the "fixins" - homemade "fries" if you like to do that...

Chicken salad on a 1 point bun or you could even save the point from the bun and wrap it up in lettuce leaves and add some baby carrots on the side with some hummus for something to "crunch" on...

Man....I'm getting HUNGRY!

Hope that helps give someone some ideas for days when you need food and don't have a lot of points to play with.

Add a can of cream of chicken soup, saute it,
add some red pepper, onion, garlic s&p to taste
add frozen mixed veggies..

serve it over pasta..

Great ideas, Carrie! :)