Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curves

Tobi, I thought I would start a new thread to ask you about Curves. I didn't want to hijack the other thread and make it a personal question thread. Can you tell me a little about Curves? I have never been in there, so know nothing about it. I am looking ahead and know that I won't continue the walking & jogging once the weather gets cold, so I want to have an alternative. What's Curves like? What kind of exercising? Anything you want to share I would appreciate.

Cheryle

Re: Curves

I'm on my way out the door, I'll reply when I get home,,
I'll explain the whole thing to you then,,
it does work, pounds and inches roll off.

Curves

Thanks Tobe. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Cheryle

If you want you can stop in at Curves and talk to them, they'll even take you around the circuit.

Its a 1/2 hr workout, theres approx 13 machines
and 13 stations, machines for the upper, lower, parts of the body, stomach, lets, arms etc.
the stations are between the machines where you move around to get the cardio going.. each machine and each station is about 20 seconds long, which your working out with music, when its time to move on your told to move to the next staion...

Its suggested you do it 3 times a week, more is better tho.

I worked out there for 3 yrs, lost weight doing WW and lost mega inches.

When you frist join up they take your ht, wt and measurements and 1 mo later its done again..and then monthy from there on..

its all women, and you don't need fancy work out clothes to go there.. good sneakers tho..

I'm now at a regular gym, I needed more than what I was getting at curves, but curves sure is a great
way to start, and the more you go, the more you want to.

You'll meet alot of great woman that you'll actually become friends with, a good way to socialize.

Hope this helps. the cost is about 33.00 a mo and they take it out of your check book monthly, I don't believe theres a sign up fee, and if there is, its very nonimal but worth it..

Curves

Thanks Tobe. That sounds interesting. How in the world would you figure out how many AP points you earn for something like that, though? When it starts getting cooler, I think I will stop in there and check it out.

Cheryle

You can get a calorie counter and put it on your body.

or more lke a HRM which will count calories, steps
etc...

WW sells them

When I was working out at curves 3 to 5 times a week
i gave myself 3 to 4 extra AP's.. you really move in the circuit. where you work up a sweat.

THey also have treadmills available.. which is good to do after your 1/2 hr workout.

Curves

Thanks Tobe. I'll check out the calorie counters at WW. I have only seen the pedometers. Did you add 3-4 AP points per session or for the week? Curves sounds like a great place to check out.

Cheryle