Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread for 8-10-08

Good morning! Seems like the board has been slow, so folks must be very busy. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

We had a good camping trip over all. The trip there took us on a terrible detour down these gravel, bumpy logging roads and the inside of the camper was trashed! Nothing that couldn't be fixed though. Then it rained a lot of the time, so the campground was a mud pit. We did get out and explored the area, so we found lots to do. We would definitely go back - it was nice!

No church today. We opted to take a day to just stay home. The laundry and chores are piled up, so that will keep me busy.

What are your plans today?

Re: Daily commitment thread for 8-10-08

Well, I'm off to church this morning here in a bit. Not sure what else the day will bring. I was out of town yesterday and got home pretty late. I can't seem to drag my oldest out of bed...he went with me. I could use a nap!

I did get a short walk in last night, only about 25 min. but hey, it was something.

I need to get myself back on track this week. I've started off my days pretty good, but somehow by the eve. I get off track and it's showing up on the scales. So, I'm buckling myself down. I'm also becomming way too obsessed with the scale and it's affecting my mood so I'm putting it away for a awhile and I'm going to concentrate on making healthy choices, drinking my water (which I've been a little lax on) and getting some workouts in (which have been hit/miss last couple weeks due to my hectic schedule). So, that's my plan and I'll see how it goes. I've told dh to hide scale from me b/c right now I don't want it making me any more depressed.

Good morning, and here's to another OP day!! Carrie, I totally relate to what you said about obsessing on the scale readings. I was doing that too...and eventually I will go back to weekly weigh-ins because they do point up my progress, but right now, I too, am concentrating on just being OP every day, after a bad series of relapses. I know in my heart that I don't need the scale to tell me how awful mentally, emotionally, and physically that being off program makes me feel, and I don't need the scale to tell me how much better I feel when I am OP...not perfect, but basically, OP. Here's to making peace with the scale readings, as only one measure of our progress, along with improved stamina, strength, mobility, flexibilty and all those good things.... I still have my 16 mos. old grandson with me and probably I will be able to use a nap when I bring him home later today. Have a great Sunday everyone....Maajida

Hi everyone. I'm back from our mission trip to Maine. The weather wasn't too good. Cold and rainy. I didn't do much exercising except walking to and from the work sites. Most days the pedometer said 1.5 miles walking back and forth. Meals were really off plan. Breakfasts were OK but lunches were in the soup kitchen and suppers were out in restaurants. Tried to make good choices but ate poor choices and too much of it. Got on the scale this AM and am up 2.6 pounds. All in all not too bad. I'm going to concentrate on getting the water in (drank much less than normal while camping so I didn't have to get up at night which meant waking up DH and making him move so I could get out of bed). Also going to be really carefull about food choices.
I read the posts that I missed. Things have been really slow on the board. Hope all is going well with everyone.

Pat

Carrie,

You know my story about driving over the scale with the minivan! I truly agree that there is a time and place for the scale, but when it becomes an obsession, it can hinder healthy habits. Personally, I no longer own a scale. I weigh in at church and that is all. I really can tell how I am doing by my eating and exercising habits and the way my clothes fit. Obviously a weekly weigh in is still important, but it is still a number and that is all. There are so many ways to judge your health. I applaud you for recognizing that the scale was driving you crazy and putting it away for a bit. You will do just fine, I am sure! :)