Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm struggling lately

I seem to have lost some of my momentum lately in regards to my journey. I really don't know what is with me. Maybe I need a pep talk or something, LOL. Last night, I was doing great. I went to my second job (I clean my church) and I went into the kitchen to check things out in there. Someone left a ton of leftover birthday cake on the kitchen table from Sunday. Now, anyone that knows me pretty well on here knows that cake is my ultimate weakness. Something came over me and before I knew it I not only ate one, but two pieces. It opened up the sugar trigger for me and after I got home, heck I started in on chocolate chip cookies. This morning, I paid for it b/c I had a crashing headache from all that sugar which I haven't had in MONTHS! Someone kick me in the butt, please!

Why are old habits so hard to break? For heaven sake, I've been "doing this" for almost a year and a half.

I literally had to take things hour by hour today. It's 10:15 and I have 2 points left. I'm not hungry. I think I'm going to go to bed.

Anyone else having such a rough time on the food front? Why is it so hard lately? I'm rambling. Good night everyone!

Re: I'm struggling lately

Carrie,

I have so been there!! I will also tell you that birthday cake (the bakery kind) is my BIGGEST downfall. I literally can eat it until I am sick. When we have it here, I have to buy just the amount we will eat at the party and then I have to serve all the guests theirs so that there literally isn't any left, because I will just eat it until it is gone otherwise.

That being said... I used to do the floogate thing too. In fact, I still struggle with it. For me, it seemed to stem from an all or nothing perspective. Either I was OP 100% or I was OP 0% - there was nothing in between. What I found was that I had to give myself permission to use those 35 WPA for extra things so that I didn't feel deprived. I also had to vary my foods more and stop eating the same things day in day out. My mentality seemed to come from feeling deprived, so I had to take some steps to make sure I didn't deprive myself.

I don't know if any of that helps... Then there are all the other tricks of the trade such as looking at old photos of yourself both at your worst and at your best to inpsire you. You can make a list of why you want to lose weight and refer back to it as needed. When you encounter a trigger food, make yourself wait 10 minutes and then see if you still want it... I think you know all those.

It is also possible to chalk this one up to an "off day." We are all entitled to a day where things just don't go right. It doesn't mean we are totally off our journey - it was just one of those bad days. Perhaps you will awaken with a refreshed attitude today.

No matter what, you will get through this. We have all been there and this too, shall pass.

Hang in there. We are pulling for you.

Hugs,
Uki

Carrrie, Uki said all the things that I was thinking. As the saying goes "Been there done that". Just remember that just because you went off program it isn't a disaster. One of my favorite sayings is " If you put a dent in your car you don't push it off the cliff". So don't give up, you can do this.

Pat

Thanks guys!! I do feel better today. I stayed OP yesterday, but man, it was a struggle mentally after giving in to all the sugar on Tuesday night. I had to take things practically hr. by hr. yesterday. Some things are just hard to let go of...cake has been hard for me. I can get through the store w/o buying it but when it's in front of me it's so hard to walk past it. I'm like Uki--I could eat it until I make myself literally sick.

Anyway, today is a new day as Chicken Little says, LOL! I may have blew it the other day, but that doesn't mean I have to stay off program the rest of my week. So, people....keep that cake away from me, haha!!

Okay Carrie, I am with you on the cake thing! That is my number 1 weakness. And I'm right there with you eating cake that wasn't even yours!!!!!!!

Make your decisions every day. And you know what, it's not the end of the world if you ate cake, even two or even three pieces. Whatever. KEEP MOVING FORWARD