Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread 8-26-08

Good morning Ladies! Well, the big day has come and the kids go back today. I have mixed feelings. I am sad to see them go, but then my days are not so crazy. LOL

We went to open house last night and met their teachers. I think they will have a good year. Anna's 1st grade teacher moved to 4th this year, so she has her for math and science and a sort of new teacher for english and reading. The new teacher is a man and I swear he is WAY over 6 feet tall and built like a football player! LOL He is enormous, but very nice. He expects a lot from the kids and that is fine with me. Anna needs a challenge.

Mitch's teacher will be the same this year and next - he is in a looped classroom. His best friend, James, is in that class too, so they are all excited. James is nervous about being at school all day (1st grade), so it is good they are together. Mitch is excited about it, so he will be fine.

Wes meets his teachers today for 8th grade. Needless to say he is not happy. School interferes with his life. LOL

I will ride my bike all by myself today and then off to the dentist this afternoon. OP all the way...

Uki

Re: Daily commitment thread 8-26-08

Good morning. Uki, I remember the days of sending my son off to school. He is almost 34 now.
I'm feeling a little better today. Didn't eat much yesterday except some scrambled eggs for supper. Made it through a bowl of oatmeal this morning. This is some diet. Told Jim that maybe my body was trying to make up for some of the things I ate over the weekend that weren't good choices. Think I'll still go easy for another day just to be sure the stomach is back to normal.
Have to get to the grocery store today. Went to make supper for Jim last night and didn't have anything but eggs to offer him. Fortunately he is pretty easy so I made a loaf of bread in the breadmaker and an omlet and he was happy.
Hope everyone has a good day

Pat

Re: Daily commitment thread 8-26-08

Replying at the end of the day instead of the beginning, so I could get to the gym before work....but am happy to report it was an OP day...maaj