Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mealtime Rut

Anyone interested in posting their daily menus? I'm tired of trying to think of what to cook. Breakfasts usually aren't a problem and lunch is whatever happens to be leftover in the frig but supper is always a problem. I'm bored with the same things. I save recipes like crazy but just don't seem to get them made. So if you have any suggestions lets hear them.

Pat

Re: Mealtime Rut

hey Pat
go into Aimee's cookbook on the home page
and pull up Main Dishes..

I just used one the other day, used some of her ingredients and then incorporated some of my own.
it was a dynamite dish...

being I switched to core just for a week, but now went back on flex

Count me in too, Patty!! I do the EXACT same thing - save recipes, look at recipes, get ideas for recipes from websites, and then I NEVER make them. LOL What is up with that????

Let's see who else responds and then figure out how best to do a daily post.

Any other takers out there?? :)

Uki

OK, I've challenged myself. This is what I'm making for supper
Soup- Main Dish

Pasta e fagioli (core)
If you want to prevent the pasta from becoming mushy in the leftover soup, then cook the pasta separately, and add to the soup when you're ready to eat.
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (29 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 (14 oz) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
1 (14 oz) can chopped spinach, drained
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
3 c water
1 TBS minced garlic
1 TBS dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 lb whole-wheat seashell or small, shaped pasta (I used macaroni)
Grated or shredded soy or FF parmesan (optional)

In a large stockpot, brown beef. Add diced tomatoes, beans, spinach, chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, garlic, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. Add pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is tender (approximately 10 minutes). Ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Top with cheese, if desired.

I'll report later how it was.

Pat

I made this the other day...just a chicken casserole, but it's a crowd pleaser at my house.

Chicken/Stove Top Casserole:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded into bottom of cake pan, then
fix stove top according to directions on box and cover the chicken, then
blend together 1 98%FF can of cream of celery or cream of chicken (whichever you prefer, both are good) and 1/3 can of milk and pour over the top of the stove top. Bake on 350 degress for about 25 min. Serve with some veggies...I usually do green beans with this one.

Even my picky toddler eats it.

Casserols are hard to figure points on, but I just say 6-7 for about a cup. It's filling and that might be on the high side.

The soup was very good. I cooked the pasta separately, only added 1 can of beans (and Jim still said there were too many beans but I would have liked more) didn't add the 3 cups of water since I didn't add the pasta to the pot. I used a box of frozen spinach instead of the can. It makes a big pot and was very filling. Lots of leftovers for the freezer.
Tonight is Balsamic Chicken and mushrooms.

Pat

The soup and stove top recipe sound great!

I challenged myself too, and tomorrow night I am making WW chicken marsala. I think I just have to make plans to make something new so that I follow through instead of just looking at a recipe and thinking it looks good. I am adding the ingredients to my shopping list this morning and going to the store. There's no stopping me now... LOL