Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Angela's Menu thread for 9-3-08

Hi Angela! Here you go...

Let's see...

B: LF Nutrigrain waffles and real PB (out of PB2)

L: Golly, I guess another zucchini sandwich on lite wheat, ff cheese, and fruit

D: Out to a local place with Scott. I think I will have the grilled veggie sandwich on a pita, with a little swiss cheese and maybe a baked spud with salsa to go with it???

Treat: WW ice cream cup and toppings.

Uki

Re: Angela's Menu thread for 9-3-08

Breakfast: Quaker Oat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Lunch: Turkey Wrap with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese and this time I'm adding in a handful of spinach and some cucumber to bulk it up. For some extra flavor yesterday I added a small handful of southwest flavored tortilla strips (that I had for my salad) to give it some extra flavor...tasted pretty good. I'm also having 1/4 c. of Amish potato salad and a banana.

Snack: Chex Bar (turtle)

Dinner: Pizza...I'm having one normal slice and adding a salad on the side....I have spinash leaves, green pepper, cucumber, and tomatoes from my garden to use up. Sometimes if I make my salad really "pretty" I tend to eat a lot of it and don't reach for that second slice of pizza.

Snack: Smart Ones Cookie Dough Sunday Treat...and it better be in the fridge or someone will have some explaining to do.

B- Cereal, milk and banana
L- Broccoli, canadian bacon quiche
D-? I'll see what's on sale at the store today

Angela- I just read your menu from yesterday. The first thing that struck me is that you only had coffee for breakfast. You need to eat something to get your metabolism going. Can you make some hard boiled eggs to have on hand and grab one of them? Or a piece of fruit and some low fat cheese. Yogurt. Just have something.
Also didn't see your dairy or oil requirements. Did you drink enough water?

Not being too picky, just trying to help.

Pat

B - Nutrigrain lowfat waffles/sliced strawberries
L - Turkey sandwich/lettuce, tomato, onion/pickle
D - T-bone (halved with husband), baked sweet potato,
and salad

Update and change...

I forgot it was Wednesday (the Monday holiday goofed me up) so I didn't ride my bike and went grocery shopping instead.

So for lunch I had a cup of FF Greek yogurt and put it on top of pancakes. Weird I know. That was what sounded good...

Pat, I went back and looked at Angela's meals from yesterday too. I totally missed her not having breakfast! So, Angela, this is from your "mom" at Aimee's - LOL Breakfast is really important. Even if you aren't really hungry, try to get a little something in your tummy. It keeps the blood sugar levels more stable, and boosts your metabolism. Do you usually eat breakfast and this was just an off day? Keep us posted - we care about you. :) :)

Uki

B: Fage 0% yogurt with cup of frozen (thawed) blueberries mixed in
coffee with sf creamer and skim milk

L: Big salad with some chicken and lf honey mustard dressing
watermelon

S: probably my afternoon cup of joe with one of the chex turtle bars (haven't tried yet - heard they are good)

D: making a new (to me anyhow) recipe in crockpot - Mexican style chicken
with boneless skinless chix breasts, can of black beans, can of corn and salsa. Last 1/2 hour you add a block of ff cream cheese to top. Sounds good -- will let you know how it came out

S: sf/ff chocolate pudding with a dollop of ff cool whip

Update on my menu today.
The brocolli quiche was delish. Will post the recipe
Snack- Homemade iced coffee with 8 oz skimmed milk in it and watermelon

Supper- Found 95% gr. beef patties on sale so will have them with the new Arnold's Sandwich Thins (1 pt).
Fresh spinach salad
Watermelon

Ok hi everyone- thanks so much for keeping this up,
Today Breakfast-
pumpkin spice coffee / french vanilla creamer

WW Chocolate mint bar- YUCK- i didn't like em
Lean cuisine salmon risotto spinach thing

Dinner is going to be FLANK STEAK--- HELP How do i prepare or marinate it- never made it
and low fat party potatos