Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread 9-13-08

Another rainy day. No bike ride again. I will be doing the treadmill today.

We are hoping to take the kids to an open house at a local Air Force Reserve. I hope the rain doesn't ruin that.

I had a good day yesterday. I got my DEXA scan, got Mitch's glasses fixed, got scott's dad's transfer situated to the new hospital ang got his mom's car filled with gas. I took my mom shopping and made it home in time to do homework and chores. It was busy, though!

Lunch was at a Mexican place. I created my own low points meal. I asked for grilled shrimp and crab and grilled veggie (all DRY grilled) in a tortilla topped with lettuce, tomato, and salsa. They made it. The server said that they had never been asked for anything like that before. It was really good.

What are you up to today?

Re: Daily commitment thread 9-13-08

SO GLAD TO COME AND POST OF BEING OP...LOTS OF STRESS AND PRESSURE HERE WITH MOM IN HOSPITAL AFTER A FALL AND WAITING TO SEE IF REHAB WILL HELP HER RETURN TO HER ASSISTED LIVING APT. AM DOING WELL CONSIDERING ALL THAT IS HAPPENING AND AM STAYING OP WITH HEALTHY EATING AND EXERCISE. I KNOW THE MORE I STAY OP, THE STRONGER MENTALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND PHYSICALLY, I WILL BE, TO COPE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE. HOPE IT'S A HAPPY AND HEALTHY WEEKEND FOR YOU ALL, MAAJIDA

MAAJIDA...Stress can be our worst enemy, but sounds as though yuo are handling it well with all you have going on! Hang in there, you are doing GREAT.

I have three grandkids here for the week-end, so that is keeping me busy, but OP with no problem. I'm just a little sleepy and tired. That means naptime after lunch, perhaps! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great week-end! We are expecting storms from Ike to be our way this afternoon. They are already in the SW part of the state.

I'll get back to my walking when the little ones are gone! I figure I'm getting added exercise just keeping up with them for the moment!!

Busy day with store and laundry. I have to work my second job this evening. OP though. Have a great day everyone.

Hi Diane, thanks for the encouragement...I really appreciated reading your words...I have a grandson (18 mos) who is coming to visit today too...and boy do I ever need a nap after one of his visits! maaj