Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread 9-17-08

Must have been another busy day yesterday for our group! I hope that means everyone is doing fine.

Another OP day for me today. I have some running around to do this morning and then Scott and I have date night tonight.

Scott's dad was discharged from the hospital yesterday, so he is home and the home health care aide should be coming out today. I hope this works out. He really needs to be in an extended care facility, but mom wants him home as long as possible and we respect that.

What is everyone else up to?

Re: Daily commitment thread 9-17-08

Flu shots start today. Where did the year go? I have to work at one of our corporate clients today. We will be doing a health fair checking blood glucose, cholesterol, BMI, blood pressure and doing flu shots for those that want them. This is only a 2 hour clinic but it is an hour from home and I'll have to drive in rush hour traffic to get home. I work from 3 - 5:30. I'll go to the gym early afternoon and then go to work.
Sat. is the townwide garage sale day. I'm setting up to sell my purses and bags. Also need to clean out my sewing room for things to donate for our quilt club sale. The money we get from that we put into materials to make baby blankets for Birthright and bags and quilts for the local nursing home.
I'm going to give it my best shot to stay OP today.
Everyone have a good day.

Pat

Good morning everyone! I had a great OP day yesterday. Last night, I made butternut squash fries and tuned in for the start of the new Biggest Loser. Anyone besides me a fan of that show?? I just love watching those trainers kick peoples butts, LOL!! Jillian last night told her people that the only way they were getting off those treadmills was if they died...hilarious. I need her beside me when I'm working out!!

Anyway, still haven't heard a thing from my doctor about last weeks ultrasound...I'm callin her back this morning. I hate being left hanging.

On the food front, doing well. Haven't had the desire to "cheat" in over 15 days. Better go post my menu.
Have great day.

Good morning, everyone.

Yes, Carrie. I am a fan of Biggest Loser. It is hard
to sit still through a two-hour show, though.

Things are about as usual around here. I am trying
Core for another week, probably longer. It will be in-
teresting for the week-end as I will be going with a
group for a church-related gathering out-of-town. It
is usually not too bad.

Haven't heard anything about flu shots around here yet. There is often a "Free Flue Shot Saturday" on the
schedule in October or November with donations going
to the Empty Stocking Fund. Sounds like you will be
busy, Pat.

We have had real problems with gasoline availability
and prices since Friday. Someone said it is because
we are at the end of a gas pipeline. I think our area
had the highest prices nationwide over the week-end.

It is going to be an OP day for me, too!

Nellie

Oh, by the way, Carrie, glad you like the Vitatops. I
like them warmed with Cool Whip, also. Because they
are so full of vitamins and other healthy things, they
would also make a good breakfast with some fruit and
milk alongside.

I miss hearing anything from Chelsie. Does anyone
know what's going on with her?

Nellie

I've been wondering where she's (Chels) been.

Catching up to you ladies a little late - busy around here today - but I am trying to be OP today too. My oldest son who has Autism has been having some difficult days the past few days and I am trying not to stress eat.

One day at a time.

Have a great day everyone.
Marilyn

I love Bigget Loser. Jim doesn't watch it so I record it and watch the next day. Watched this AM. The meetings with the Dr. were a real eye opener. Nellie, you should try recording it then skipping the commercials, makes it much nicer.
Also Nellie where are you. I thought that we had the highest gas prices. We're in Western NY near Rochester and our regular gas is 3.84 a gallon today. Diesel is 4.49. We just came from PA and Maryland and they have much cheaper fuel prices. Doesn't make any sense.

Pat

I just get up and walk around during the show. I don't
know when I would watch it if I taped it.

We live in East Tennessee, in the foothills of the
Great Smoky Mountains and the home of the Tennessee
Volunteers! :) I believe gas prices have come down
just a little, but there were places that were even
still sold out on Monday! My DH paid $4.39 a gallon
yesterday morning for regular; the station didn't
have any hightest, and that is what he usually puts
in his car.

sorry to be replying at the end of the day instead of the beginning, but happy to report it was an OP day! maaj