Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily commitment thread 10-20-08

Happy Monday! I am up and ready for the day. Well, as ready as I can be at this hour! LOL

No major plans today. I need to get a lot done around the house since we were gone this weekend. So, laundry and chores are calling my name.

Fall is definitely here and the weather is colder, so it is back to the treadmill or trainer today. Probably the treadmill. I have last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy taped, so I can watch that to distract me.

OP today for sure!

Re: Daily commitment thread 10-20-08

gosh, it's going slow...down another .5 this week, but at least it's going...major accomplishments are no binge behavior, better clothes fit, more stamina...I will continue to plug along, one tiny step at a time. Goals this week: more water, more straight cardio in addition to interval stuff, and carefully monitoring daily intake. For someone with emotional eating issues, it's always a balance between choosing foods and amounts that are healthy and designed to promote wt. loss and yet are satisfying and not so depriving that they would provoke old binge behavior. If anyone has any insight into plateaus, I'd be grateful too...I guess overall, I've lost 3 pounds since the beginning of last month, but have pretty much been plateauing the last few weeks of that time. Here's to a great OP day for us all. Maajida

Maaj-
I found when I plateaued I switched from flex to core and that helped me to eliminate (or at least cut down drastically) on my carbs and to also pay more attention to getting in my healthy guidelines. I also find that when I increase my dairy intake I tend to lose better. Make sure you are eating enough too - I know this is a hard one to follow - but you are probably exercising more now and you may need to increase the amount of food you eat (healthy choices, not 100 calorie pack kinda stuff) to keep on losing. Play around with it - as long as you are losing or not gaining your body will readjust and start losing more quickly again.

Nice and sunny here - although it is colder - waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can take out my bike - planning on a nice long ride. Still getting used to being "cleated in" but am getting the swing of it - have to say this bike really moves...I am really enjoying my new ride

Gonna come home and fix some minestrone soup for dinner along with my broccoli bread recipe - nice Fall dinner.

Have a great day everyone.
Marilyn

Another cool day here and, YES, it's soup time! It's a busy day here. Have MOPS meeting at church tonight (Mothers of Preschoolers - which I am not, but a mentor for the young mothers). I will be providing one of the varieties of soups, so I signed up to bring Taco Soup, one of my favorites. I will make enough for extra here at home for me and my husband later, too.

I'm hoping this week will slow down a little and I will be back in my routine. I've managed to stay OP, through it all, though! The road has been too long to be otherwise! I'm just enjoying the journey!!

HAPPY MONDAY to all and have a GREAT OP DAY!!!

Diane S

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get back into my "routine" as well. Had a very busy weekend.

Right now, I'm washing laundry and feeding the kiddos. My oldest has these 3 half days and then fall break Thurs/Fri...I really don't keep a lot of lunch items around b/c we are never here so he better want grilled cheese b/c it's pretty slim pickins in the kitchen. :)

Anyway, I weighed in yesterday and I'm "holding" again this week. Oh Well, it's not a gain.

Going to excerise some later.

Have a great day.

Re: Re: Daily commitment thread 10-20-08

I am so glad to have found this web site for support I have been try to lose the same 20 pounds now for about two years... I know I can do it I just need a bit of encouragement!!!

Just saw the new name on board....WELCOME, Tammy! I have only been on here a few months and it is definitely a great support group. They will answer questions, give advice, share recipes, and always, someone will be here! We all need that extra support from those that are on this same road to success.

Hope you are having a great OP day and, again, it's good to have another "joiner"!! Stay in touch!

Diane S

Just checking in since I just got home from a long 11 hour day. We weren't very busy which makes the day go slower.
Welcome to Tammy.
I got on the scale this am and thought that it was broken. In my sleepy eyes I didn't realize that the first number was a 1 instead of a 2. First time I've seen that in almost 20 years. It won't be the same at WW (I'm usually 2-3 pounds higher there) but it was great to see.

Pat