Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily committment thread for 11-11-08

Good morning! I am hoping that everyone is staying healthy out there.

Laura, congratulations to you and your husband on the losses for this week. You are both doing so well! Yay!!

Patty and Maaj, hang in there. These plateaus really do pass. I wish I had a magic wand and could make them go away, but they are one of those things you just have to plow through. There was a thread awhile back that gave some good suggestions for breaking a platuea.

Diane, you are doing so well. I am praying for your family and that the recovery will go smoothly. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you.

Carrie, how are the birthday preparations going? I can't remember if the party was this past weekend of is this coming weekend. I am thinking it is this coming weekend. What did you decide to do about the cake?

Shezz, we are so glad you are posting each day. I hope that you find the accountability helpful. For many of us, that has made a world of difference.

Marilyn, are you around? How's the new bike? :)

Not much going on here. I am at home and doing chores. :(

What are your plans?

Re: Daily committment thread for 11-11-08

Good morning everyone. Remember today is Veterans Day. Please take a few minutes and say a prayer of thanks for all that our soldiers have done and are doing for us.
I'm off to work in a couple minutes. Have my lunch packed and a roast in the crockpot so will have supper almost ready when I get home. I'm getting good at making up Core lunches to carry along. Today is cottage cheese with a small can of chicken mixed in and carrots and grapes. Also a bottle of skim milk.
Hope everyone has a good OP day.

Pat

I'm OP today as well. It's getting harder to come up with good OP meals for the two of us. I seem to be always making the same things. My DH has several days off this week so I'm not sure what we're doing today. I had a yummy 5 pt. breakfast yesterday. I made 1/2 cup of egg beaters with cheese and chives into scrambled eggs, 2 pc. toast with jelly and a turkey sausage link, yummo. I didn't realize how good the sausage would be. Doesn't taste much different than regular. The combination of all just tasted so good. Okay I'll stop about the breakfast but I might have it again today
Laura

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the reminder to think of all our dear veterans's and military people all that they do for our country. Patty, let's hang in there together re getting through that plateau...I came so very close to blowing it yesterday....in order to stay OP I had to program in some extra calories on purpose...a strategy that worked to keep the binge monster away from my door. It was more daily calories than ideal, but whenever I can stay away from the binge monster, it's a good thing. Laura your breakfast sounde fabulous....and who can argue with success...you are doing so well. Uki, thanks for always watching out for each of us every day. The way you take the time so often to mention each of us and where we are progress wise is so very much appreciated. I came so close to blowing it yesterday...that 'why bother' really got to me when I did my weekly weigh-in and saw I'd stayed the same. So glad I hung in there, and I am very appreciative of all the support here and of having the chance to check in here with my committment to be OP. I have the day off...slept in to the wonderful late time of 6:30am. - it is late for me because on work days I am usually up so early to do the gym before work. Today I have the day off, and plan on getting a few things done around the house, but balancing that with lots of r & r and appreciating the peace and quiet around the house. Take care everyone, Maajida

Good morning everyone. I have been up since 6:30 and I am off for the holiday so I decided to clean my pantry. Got rid of everything that isn't OP. We are doing a food drive at the hospital and all of the canned goods I had were well under expiration date so I have a huge basketful to take into work. I need to sit down today and do a menu for the rest of the week. Last night made Hungry Girl's Sloppy Janes. They were yummy. Took out some ground turkey today just need to figure out what I am going to do with it.
Laura, I can relate to the cooking for 2. I have so many containers in the freezer because I cook in bulk. I think I am going to try and cut recipes in 1/2. Well off to clean the kitchen. I hope everyone has a good day.
Can you tell I had about 4 cups of tea already.Way too much caffeine.lol

Good morning everyone. I've had a busy weekend and morning and so this is the first chance I've had to stop by and check in.

I have to admit....I struggled this weekend. The stress of "everything" is really getting to me and in turn, I eat. Yesterday, I hopped off the wagon and got turned into road kill basically.....candied roadkill. I meant to take that crap and get it out of my house and didn't. I was doing pretty well yesterday and then I saw that bag in my front room and it was all over from there. After the binge, I felt so bad that I seriously walked into the bathroom and stuck my finger down my throat and tried to make myself throw all that chocolate back up...I got interrupted by the phone so must have been God watching out for me b/c I SO KNOW BETTER! I don't know what would possess me to even try that...I never did that before, but I tell you the guilt was terrible.

So, hows that for completely honest? Today is a new day. I have a terrible headache b/c I chose to injest all that sugar yesteray and I'm paying for it today. I have planned out my food for today. I shall tell you how it goes. I'm heading to Subway now though!

So good to see so many on here today posting and to see that so many of us are just alike! LOL!

I had a struggle last night, but it wasn't with sweets. It was just good food in general. I know it's because I was so tired and it was someone elses good cooking!

Today was better and I have been OP all day! Good to be back in a closer to norm routine, but that won't last for long! The grandkids are out of school Thursday and Friday and my daughter is going to Branson with a group of Sunday School women. I would love to go, but guess who's keeping the three younger kids??? It will be Pb&j, hot dogs, mac & cheese, etc for them, so I shouldn't have a problem unless I just let it be. Hopefully I will get to relax and enjoy them being here....for a little bit, anyway!

It's getting late for me since I woke up at 4:00 this a.m. Hope I can sleep later tomorrow!

Goodnight everyone.......