Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment 12/13

Good morning. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The sun is shining here but it is COLD.
I'm OP today. I still don't like to track and count points but I'll continue for the rest of the week. I think I'll ask for the week 6 book then. That is when we will learn about the Simply Filling plan which is like the old Core.
Today is a day of doing laundry and working on a quilted wall hanging. We have friends who are missionaries in Hungry and their children are going over for Christmas. I'm making the wall hanging for them to take to their parents.
Tomorrow we have a Christmas party with buffet. Think I'm going to eat something filling before we go so I don't overdo. I like the idea that if there is a food that you rarely get and you love then have some. If it's everyday foods don't bother.
Jessica posted her plans for today on yesterday's thread. Sounds like she has her program under control.
Have a great weekend.

Pat

Re: Daily Commitment 12/13

Sigh.....OP today...wasn't yesterday...the party eating got out of hand even before the party even started. "Today is a new day"...I've said that so many times, I don't even know if I believe it...and yet, something tells me not to give up hope....I really DO want to be OP and to achieve the health and emotional benefits an OP life gives....sorry to sound so grumpy...I do know that today is the first day of the rest of my life....Maajida

Maajida, don't give up. We've all had days when eating got out of control. Your attitude is smart. Forget yesterday and concentrate on having an OP day today. If necessary break it down to an hour at a time. You can do this.

Pat

Pat, thanks so much for the supportive words. I seem to do so well for a 'while' and then just fall apart again. You and Uki and all the others have seen many discouraged posts from me in the past months, and yet, something keeps telling me to pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again. Coming here frequently to check in and read all the caring words with their wise perspective really helps. Thankyou, and I will certainly be taking it one hour at a time. Thanks again for your response....Maajida

The ladies are right. We have all had times where we wish we'd have done things differently. I seem to "do this for a while" too. Then I find some silly reason to go eating bad food and not going to the Y. It's so important to keep trying.
Keep up the great work, and remember it's one day at a time :)

Regards,

Jessica