Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Committment Thread - 12/21/08

Wow, can't believe I am the first to post. Patty you gave great advice to Laura...I felt like you were talking to me too. Yes, Laura, there are so many challenges this time of year....After I have struggled so mightily over the last few months, I can't believe I am choosing to restart my efforts right at this time of year....and yet, if I didn't....if I waited till after the holidays, I'd easily be a huge amount of pounds heavier...I am trying so hard to balance being OP with not making my OP selections be too depriving, either by what I choose to eat or by amount. It's a delicate balance, but it's the only thing that keeps able to move forward...I'd be grateful for any more words of advice re coping with so many holiday temptations...it's hard to consistently make wise choices and limit just a 'reasonable' taste of something without things getting out of hand. Here's to another balanced OP day, love, Maajida, who is recovering from a fall in the street last night when Xmas shopping....could actually hear my head hit the pavement, but just am banged up on my knee and forehead....luckily no serious damage...it really reminded me of the blessings of the season and how material goods are not what is of major importance...nothing matches having our health and our loved ones home safe and sound...Sorry this got to be such a long wordy post....love to you all, maajida

Re: Daily Committment Thread - 12/21/08

Maajida we were posting at the same time. I was beginning to think that everyone had slept in today.
I'm so sorry to hear about your fall but glad that you weren't too badly hurt. I'm always afraid of falling on the snow and ice. As far as avoiding overindulgence I don't have any great ideas. I have started thinking about how many minutes of exercise it will take me to burn off anything tempting and that seems to help.
Hope you have a great day.

Pat

Patty, that is funny how often it appears that some of us end up posting at the same time. I like your imagining how much exercise it would take to account for some of our eating. I was interested in how you are doing on the new WW's plan....I am a long-time WW's member from many many years ago...even was a leader for two years....but have not been in a very long time...can you give a summary of what the plan is like now and what the different choices are in how to do it? Thanks so much, Maaj

The new Momentum plan is basically the old Core plan with counting points. You eat from the Core food list mostly (fruits, veggies, ff dairy, whole grains, 93% lean gr. beef, lean cut of meat). They are trying to get people to concentrate on eating good foods instead of a lot of the 100 calorie packs and junk that they could fit into their point allowance. One of the changes is that you can bank your activity points for the week instead of having to use them the day they are earned. You also still have the 35 weekly points. If you don't like counting points they are introducing Simply Filling in week 6 which is eating only from the filling foods list (just like old Core). That is the new program in a nutshell. Oh, they added exercise into the good health guidelines.
My biggest challenge is portion size. Still eat too much with my eyes instead of checking my hunger level.

Pat

It's very late and I'm ready to go to bed but wanted to thank those that have given me advice on the eating front. I didn't do very good today, went to Red Lobster and had the coconut shrimp and soup, bad choice. Came home and ate cookies and ice cream, very very bad choice. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I'll be so busy with my grandchildren I won't want to overeat.
Laura